Windows 10: BSOD every few days, suspect a driver, but can't pin point it.

Discus and support BSOD every few days, suspect a driver, but can't pin point it. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This is occurring for Windows 10 Professional v1909 build 18363.836 Was wondering if anyone might be able to help me to find the source of this BSOD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Avencherus, Jun 9, 2020.

1. BSOD every few days, suspect a driver, but can't pin point it.

This is occurring for Windows 10 Professional v1909 build 18363.836

Was wondering if anyone might be able to help me to find the source of this BSOD error. It is a new system, and I've done stress tests on the memory, GPU, and CPU for several hours each, all checking out fine. Updated drivers of all sorts, ran the standard scan and fixes.

And looking at the event manager and crash dumps from what I can understand it alludes to a driver problem, but there isn't any very clear indicator of the culprit that I can see. I'm not knowledgeable enough here to discern what is OS and 3rd party.

It consistently reports from nt kernel, complaining of memory corruption. It mentions that something is double removing, but I can't tell what is doing it.

This stack entry makes me suspect an input device or my KVM switch. -> nt!IoRemoveIoCompletion+0x99

:)

Avencherus, Jun 9, 2020
  2. herrshaun Win User

[SOLVED] Multiple random BSODs, all pointing to the kernel

No BSODs yet but I haven't been playing World of Warcraft which I suspect to be a possible cause.

Was the driver verifier step necessary or just a suggestion?

herrshaun, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Windows 10: BSOD with IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE

It turns out the correct solution is:

• Run Windbg on the memory dump file
    • Identify the process "audiodg.exe" as the exit point
    • Google audiodg.exe and BSOD to expose the driver "stdriver.sys" as a suspect
    • Google stdriver.sys and BSOD to expose the "SoundTap" application fron NCH Software as a suspect
    • Remove SoundTap from the system, reboot and re-install
    No BSODs in 3 days, was 1 - 5 per day. Total Time to research and fix: 3 hrs

SMEddy2015, Jun 16, 2020
  4. BSOD every few days, suspect a driver, but can't pin point it.

BSOD every few days, suspect a driver, but can't pin point it.

This is occurring for Windows 10 Professional v1909 build 18363.836

Was wondering if anyone might be able to help me to find the source of this BSOD error. It is a new system, and I've done stress tests on the memory, GPU, and CPU for several hours each, all checking out fine. Updated drivers of all sorts, ran the standard scan and fixes.

And looking at the event manager and crash dumps from what I can understand it alludes to a driver problem, but there isn't any very clear indicator of the culprit that I can see. I'm not knowledgeable enough here to discern what is OS and 3rd party.

It consistently reports from nt kernel, complaining of memory corruption. It mentions that something is double removing, but I can't tell what is doing it.

This stack entry makes me suspect an input device or my KVM switch. -> nt!IoRemoveIoCompletion+0x99

Avencherus, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

BSOD every few days, suspect a driver, but can't pin point it.

1. BSOD every few days, suspect a driver, but can't pin point it. - Similar Threads - BSOD every few

2. Every few days BSOD: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every few days BSOD: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION ntoskrnl.exe: So my new PC seemed to "restart" every few days. I just realized those are BSODs.So every 1-7 days the computer BSODs.Windows 10.I've attached the information, please let me know if there is something missing.https://ufile.io/zpld5krm Includes the 4 BSODs that...
  3. I get BSOD every few days.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get BSOD every few days.: i9 12900K/RTX 3080/64GB DDR4Here are these dumps.https://www.dropbox.com/s/gt5mrzbxhje9cbb/minidump.zip?dl=0Hope someone help me find the reason. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-bsod-every-few-days/2fd7fa56-0609-48f4-8548-7f40081c270a
  4. I get BSOD every few days.

I get BSOD every few days.: i9 12900K/RTX 3080/64GB DDR4Here are these dumps.https://www.dropbox.com/s/gt5mrzbxhje9cbb/minidump.zip?dl=0Hope someone help me find the reason. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-bsod-every-few-days/2fd7fa56-0609-48f4-8548-7f40081c270a
  5. Random BSODs every few days

Random BSODs every few days: For the past few months I've been random BSODs for seemingly no reason, the computer isn't being stressed or doing anything 'unique' at the time it happens, the BSOD errors include : 01/06/23 : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA01/03/23 : Memory Management : WARNING: Unable to...
  6. Random BSODs every few days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSODs every few days: For the past few months I've been random BSODs for seemingly no reason, the computer isn't being stressed or doing anything 'unique' at the time it happens, the BSOD errors include : 01/06/23 : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA01/03/23 : Memory Management : WARNING: Unable to...
  7. Random BSODs every few days

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Getting BSODs Every Few Days

Getting BSODs Every Few Days: Hi, For the past 6 months I have been getting the odd BSOD on Windows 10. I've updated all drivers I could think of and have run MemTest several times even overnight but my memory always passes with no errors. My hardware: CPU: Ryzen 3700X Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus...
  9. BSODs Every Few Days

BSODs Every Few Days: Hello, I recently upgraded my PC with new mobo/gpu/cpu/ram, and have been having BSODs on and off since. They have only happened when I was away from the computer, so I didn't realize they were happening until one occurred while my wife was using Autodesk Revit. She has...
  10. Various BSODs every few days

Various BSODs every few days: Hello I have been getting random BSODs for the past couple weeks, been trying to figure it out on my own but I feel like it is time to ask for some help. Recently the BSOD had the error message KERNAL_SECURITY-CHECK-FAILURE. I rebooted with Driver Verifier and got the...