Windows 10: BSOD every few hours. driver_irql_not_less_or_equal, irql_not_less_or_equal,...

Discus and support BSOD every few hours. driver_irql_not_less_or_equal, irql_not_less_or_equal,... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Getting a BSOD every few hours regardless of what I'm doing with varying responsible drivers and bug check strings. Gotten the strings:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tsmax17, Dec 10, 2019.

1. tsmax17 Win User

BSOD every few hours. driver_irql_not_less_or_equal, irql_not_less_or_equal,...

Getting a BSOD every few hours regardless of what I'm doing with varying responsible drivers and bug check strings.

Gotten the strings:

driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

irql_not_less_or_equal

kmode_exception_not_handled

I have tried:

running memtest86, all ram is good to go

flashing up to date bios

windows repair tools

updating/reinstalling every related driver

reinstalling windows

and others I am forgetting

here are some dumps I've collected over the past month:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/197TpL_25RmFnEa2H5kb9WA_vnjtQYCDk?usp=sharing

Nothing has worked so far, honestly at a loss as to what to try next other than a reformat and new install of windows. Hoping somebody can give me some insight, been troubleshooting this for nearly 6 months off and on at this point.

:)

tsmax17, Dec 10, 2019
  2. Athamas Win User

BSOD: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I have been getting random BSOD (DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Source: nwifi.sys) in the last 3 days. They seem to only appear when playing videos on YouYube, but it might be a coincidence.

What has changed in the last 3 days?

Nothing on the laptop itself. I plugged in a new keyboard and mouse (both USB), and a USB hub (USB-C).
    I also installed new drivers for the Intel Graphics and "Intel(R) Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Manager" as suggested by Dell Driver Updater, but this was an attempt to fix the BSOD, which already happened before updating these drivers.

What are the laptop info and specs?

• Text version: MEGA
    • Speccy version (can be imported into Speccy): MEGA
    • MsInfo32 Output: MEGA

Most recent dump files?

This is the content of C:\Windows\Minidump: (all 3 are the most recent BSOD dumps and match with the date and time of the BSODs)

MEGA
    MEGA
    MEGA

What have you tried?

I have checked with the Dell System Detect utility to see if all the drivers were up to date; 2 weren't and I updated them (as written above) but that didn't solve the issue.

I have cleaned the system Registry with the CCleaner utility, but that didn't solve the issue.

What can I do?

EDIT:

Upon suggestion, I updated the killer drivers.
    All seemes fine of a while, then, after the laptop went to suspended state, I noticed the external mouse stopped working, while the touchpad worked.
    After plugging and unplugging, I rebooted.
    Laptop stuck to reboot for 6 min (usually takes 6 seconds) then BSOD: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE.

Log:

MEGA

Athamas, Dec 10, 2019
  3. Storport.sys, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSODs, KMODE_EXCEPTION BSODs, and DPC_WATCHDOG BSODs on Windows 10.

Unfortunately, the disk swap was not as successful as I originally thought, and the BSODs have returned (same set - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (storport.sys), and KERNAL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE). I have performed in-place updates,
    as well as clean installs. I had found that Avast! Anti-virus could cause these exact BSODs, and have removed it. The BSODs continue. Time after time, it comes back to a faulting storport!StorportTimerDpc as the primary culprit.

Thoughts?

Daniel Gillette, Dec 10, 2019
  4. Colm Win User

driver_irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD randomly

I randomly (and commonly) get BSoDs with a bug check string of IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (Code: 0x0000000a) or DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (Code: 0x000000d1).

I can't seem to find the driver that is causing these random blue screens, there doesn't seem to be a reason either as it can range from minutes to hours on getting the blue screen.

Primary specs:
    CPU: i7 6700K
    Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 980ti
    RAM: Corsair 16GB DDR4 @3000MHz

I have recently wiped and reinstalled Windows, just incase that was the problem, but it is still happening. I've also ran MemTest for over an hour with 0 fails.

Thanks!

Thema:

1. BSOD every few hours. driver_irql_not_less_or_equal, irql_not_less_or_equal,... - Similar Threads - BSOD every few

2. BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hello, I get a blue screen on my Windows 10 PC at irregular intervals. The information about the PC and the bluescreen minidump I have stored here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/aw8uhbe7aln1i53/110520-11375-01.zip?dl=1 I have already followed many guidelines, but unfortunately...
  3. BSOD - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hi, I've been having frequent blue screen issues on my laptop, often enough that I can't complete any work. The stop code is sometimes SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and with "What failed: Wdf0100.sys". Sometimes, the stop code is DEVICE_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL with no...
  4. BSODs Every Few Hours

BSODs Every Few Hours: Hello, my laptop has been having various BSODs throughout this year. In a day it can restart once every two hours. The most common errors are memory management, unexpected store exception, kernel data inpage error, critical process died, bad system config info and invalid...
  5. BSOD Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

BSOD Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hello guys. I purchased a computer about a month and half ago from a reputable website here in the Czech Republic. Info from DXDIAG Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit 10.0, Build 18363 18362.19h1_release.190318-1202 Language: English Regional Setting:...
  6. BSOD every few days 'DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL'

BSOD every few days 'DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL': I've been getting this bluescreen pretty much since I built the computer I think, not sure why, I attached the output of the log-program-thing like instructed. First time posting, hope I'm doing this correctly. Windows Ver. 18363.815 155692
  7. Bsod - driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

Bsod - driver_irql_not_less_or_equal: Hi, not long after installing two more RAM sticks to my motherboard, for a total of three sticks with 24GB, I started having this problem. Thinking that maybe this was the problem I ran memtest86 for about 5 hours without it throwing any errors at all. I'm not sure what to...
  8. BSOD - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

BSOD - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hi there, Can anyone help in identifying the cause of this BSOD? WhoCrashed Mini Dump File -https://upload.cat/72d9e88490fa6a91 Wndows Event Log - https://upload.cat/0f9a1af622e28a05 WhoCrashed: On Wed 30/10/2019 21:43:56 your computer crashed or a problem was...
  9. Bsod DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Bsod DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: 112218-50437-01.dmp 22.11.2018 19:35:33 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x000000d1 00000000`c8b3ed80 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 fffff802`5accb5aa dxgmms1.sys dxgmms1.sys+b5aa DirectX Graphics MMS Microsoft® Windows® Operating Systen Microsoft Corporation...
  10. BSOD every few hours

BSOD every few hours: Hello Community, i'm pretty well tech educated but i am running into some issues with a pc built for my uncle that is experiencing frequent blue screens of death. But we are having issues figuring out which hardware component or driver is failing. The Error/BSOD:...