Windows 10: BSOD every few hours or few days - very random

Discus and support BSOD every few hours or few days - very random in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Uninstall every program of Intel, like Intel driver update utility. For now it is not necessary. How is your hard drive setup? The Intel Rapid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by stonerobertc, Sep 3, 2015.

1. axe0 New Member

BSOD every few hours or few days - very random

Uninstall every program of Intel, like Intel driver update utility.
    For now it is not necessary.

How is your hard drive setup? The Intel Rapid Storage Technology has been flagged multiple times in the troubleshooting process, has been updated, service has been disabled but still giving trouble.

Have you checked your software for updates?

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

BSOD every few hours or few days - very random [​IMG]

2. I disabled IRTS again. Somehow was running again. Uninstalled all Intel programs. I added drive info on my profile. There are 4 internal drives, 1 SSD and 3 disks. I have 6 external USB drives for backup (2x3.0 and 4x2.0) connected through a USB 3.0 hub. It crashed again last night. Here is the file. Attachment 42235

stonerobertc, Oct 10, 2015
  3. axe0 New Member
    Please make sure every component is connected properly and make sure there is no dust inside.

The Nvidia Video driver has been flagged again for the 4th time, if Nvidia has driver updates please use DDU to uninstall the older drivers.
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys[/quote]
    Please check here for the Western Digital SCSI Arcitecture Model (SAM) WDM driver.

Warning The 2008 version is known for causing BSOD's in Windows.
    Code: 0: kd> lmvm wdcsam64 start end module name fffff800`e3b90000 fffff800`e3b93880 wdcsam64 (deferred) Image path: wdcsam64.sys Image name: wdcsam64.sys Timestamp: Wed Apr 16 10:39:08 2008 (4805BB2C) CheckSum: 0000C09E ImageSize: 00003880 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Please remove/update the Dell software, it has an old driver
    Code: 0: kd> lmvm DDDriver64Dcsa start end module name fffff800`e3070000 fffff800`e307a000 DDDriver64Dcsa (deferred) Image path: DDDriver64Dcsa.sys Image name: DDDriver64Dcsa.sys Timestamp: Wed May 28 21:58:54 2014 (53863FFE) CheckSum: 0000B057 ImageSize: 0000A000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

4. BSOD every few hours or few days - very random

I have reinstalled the nvidia driver. I did the uninstall with DDU a few days ago, but I may have reinstalled the wrong nvidia driver then. I ran DDU again and reinstalled the proper driver, so I think that has been corrected.

However, I don't know how to address your next two comments. The only WD driver that says wdcsam64 that I can find is listed in device manager under "WD drive management devices". There are two listings under it that say "WD SES device" and the driver for both is dated 4/2015. When I go the the WD site per your link it asked me the specific device I am looking for to get a driver. I don't know what to say since I have several different WD devices, both internal and external. Or are you talking about something else?

As far as the Dell software, I don't know what software you are talking about. I looked around and found a Dell Data Vault (which I think came with it and I do not use). Is that what you mean or something else? No problem to uninstall it, but I did not kow if that was it.

Thanks again for your help.

stonerobertc, Oct 10, 2015
  5. axe0 New Member
    For WD devices, please first check the internal ones.

Please remove the Dell Data Vault.

6. I uninstalled the Dell Data vault and have updated everything I can find for Western Digital. I thought things were going better for a couple of days, but it continues to crash. I am also having an issue when the monitors have been asleep for a while, such as overnight, I can't get them to wake up. The computer is on, but the monitors are black. If I move the mouse and press the windows key and maybe the enter key, it comes to life and says the "display driver has stopped responding but has recovered". I have the latest video driver installed. Here are the latest dump files. Attachment 43279

stonerobertc, Oct 17, 2015
  7. axe0 New Member
    Old drivers
    Code: wdcsam64 wdcsam64.sys Wed Apr 16 10:39:08 2008 (4805BB2C) // Western Digital SCSI Arcitecture Model (SAM) WDM driver 2008 driver version has known BSOD issues in Windows npf npf.sys Fri Jun 25 18:50:58 2010 (4C24DE72) // NetGroup Packet Filter Driver dccmtr dccmtr.sys Thu Jun 02 22:56:51 2011 (4DE7F913) // Datacolor[/quote] Please remove Datacolor and check your devices for the driver "wdcsam64.sys"

8. BSOD every few hours or few days - very random

I am sorry, but I don't understand. When I check in device manager and system32 the drivers are all more current than what you are listing. The wdcsam64 is 2015 and I just installed the latest Datacolor Spyder5 and the driver is new. Npf.sys is 9/2015. Where do I find the old drivers you are listing to delete them?

9. axe0 New Member
    That list was from the dump, however the drivers.txt file says that only the wdcsam64.sys file is from 2008, the others are not in the drivers.txt

Try updating the wdcsam64 driver from support.wdc.com

10. I went to the WD site and tried to update wdcsam64, but after the installation it shows the same driver I already had (4/28/15 ver. 1.0.17.0) . I don't know where the old files are coming from. I found a "Windows Driver Package" from WD dated 1/19/2011 in the Programs listing in control panel that mentions "wdc_sam", but it was installed today. Looks like it is part of the current download. Not sure. Don't know where to go from here.

Also, there is a WDCSAM directory in both the "program files" directory and the "program files x86" files. The 2011 files are in "program files" version and the 2015 files are in the "program files x86" version. Seems like it would be the other way around.

11. axe0 New Member
    Try to remove the device and reinstall it.
    Although, I expect that it is a device?

12. I installed a new video driver on November 4 and things were looking good for about 11 days. However, starting on November 15 I have had 5 BSOD in 4 days. I have not changed any settings or added any new programs or hardware. Windows did an update on November 11, so it does not coincide exactly with that. Attached is dump file info. Attachment 49017 Any ideas? Thanks.

stonerobertc, Nov 17, 2015
  13. axe0 New Member

About USB connections: what exactly is connected and where?

14. I have 10 USB ports, 6 USB 3.0 and 4 USB 2.0. There are two powered 3.0 USB hubs. One USB hub has 6 external drives attached with their own power supplies. The other USB hub has a card reader attached. I have a mouse, a wireless keyboard fob, a film scanner (not turned on) and a Wacom tablet attached to USB 2.0 ports on the computer.

stonerobertc, Nov 17, 2015
  15. axe0 New Member
    You're still using the 4k monitor? Where is it connected to?
    Do you still have and use the other monitor? Where is it connected to?

Lets run SFC another time for the updates.

Diagnostics Test
    System File Check
    Please try following:
    • Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow does NOT say "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation" after the second SFC, please upload the cbs.log file located at {windows partition}\Windows\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

Thema:

1. BSOD every few hours or few days - very random - Similar Threads - BSOD every few

2. Random BSOD every few hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD every few hours: My computer crashes intermittently even if I'm not there doing anything and it's asleep every once in a while, I don't know what's causing it. The error code reads 139, so following instructions I found on here and used the Driver Verifier, crashing as a result of it, then...
  3. Random BSOD every few hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD every few hours: My computer crashes intermittently even if I'm not there doing anything and it's asleep every once in a while, I don't know what's causing it. The error code reads 139, so following instructions I found on here and used the Driver Verifier, crashing as a result of it, then...
  4. Getting BSOD randomly after few days or hours.

Getting BSOD randomly after few days or hours.: I randomly get BSOD in few days and even few hours of keeping on my computer this issue has started most probably after a powercut but i installed new Windows just 2 days before because of the same problem it happens randomly and my system works fine for some hours like today...
  5. Random BSODs every few days

Random BSODs every few days: For the past few months I've been random BSODs for seemingly no reason, the computer isn't being stressed or doing anything 'unique' at the time it happens, the BSOD errors include : 01/06/23 : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA01/03/23 : Memory Management : WARNING: Unable to...
  6. Random BSODs every few days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSODs every few days: For the past few months I've been random BSODs for seemingly no reason, the computer isn't being stressed or doing anything 'unique' at the time it happens, the BSOD errors include : 01/06/23 : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA01/03/23 : Memory Management : WARNING: Unable to...
  7. Random BSODs every few days

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. BSODs Every Few Hours

BSODs Every Few Hours: Hello, my laptop has been having various BSODs throughout this year. In a day it can restart once every two hours. The most common errors are memory management, unexpected store exception, kernel data inpage error, critical process died, bad system config info and invalid...
  9. BSODs Every Few Days

BSODs Every Few Days: Hello, I recently upgraded my PC with new mobo/gpu/cpu/ram, and have been having BSODs on and off since. They have only happened when I was away from the computer, so I didn't realize they were happening until one occurred while my wife was using Autodesk Revit. She has...
  10. BSOD every few hours

BSOD every few hours: Hello Community, i'm pretty well tech educated but i am running into some issues with a pc built for my uncle that is experiencing frequent blue screens of death. But we are having issues figuring out which hardware component or driver is failing. The Error/BSOD:...