Windows 10: BSOD every few hours

Discus and support BSOD every few hours in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello Community, i'm pretty well tech educated but i am running into some issues with a pc built for my uncle that is experiencing frequent blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Henk Angenent, Aug 10, 2018.

1. BSOD every few hours

Hello Community,

i'm pretty well tech educated but i am running into some issues with a pc built for my uncle that is experiencing frequent blue screens of death.

But we are having issues figuring out which hardware component or driver is failing.

The Error/BSOD:

Whocrashed

The primary error seems to me: WHEA_Uncorrectable ERROR 0x124

Windows information:
    Eventlog.evt

System information (from intel):

Intel Driver support assistant

What we already did:

• Make sure the system has adequate power
    • update all driver to their latest version at the manufacturer site
    • make sure no components are overheating
    • make sure overclocking is disabled
    • Run a stress test (the short test from futuremark)

Generic "Stop 0x124" Troubleshooting Strategy:

1) Ensure that none of the hardware components are overclocked. Hardware that is driven beyond its design specifications - by overclocking - can malfunction in unpredictable ways.
    2) Ensure that the machine is adequately cooled.
    If there is any doubt, open up the side of the PC case (be mindful of any relevant warranty conditions!) and point a mains fan squarely at the motherboard. That will rule out most (lack of) cooling issues.
    3) Update all hardware-related drivers: video, sound, RAID (if any), NIC... anything that interacts with a piece of hardware.
    It is good practice to run the latest drivers anyway.
    4) Update the motherboard BIOS according to the manufacturer's instructions.
    Their website should provide detailed instructions as to the brand and model-specific procedure.
    5) Rarely, bugs in the OS may cause "false positive" 0x124 events where the hardware wasn't complaining but Windows thought otherwise (because of the bug).
    At the time of writing, Windows 7 is not known to suffer from any such defects, but it is nevertheless important to always keep Windows itself updated.
    6) Attempt to (stress) test those hardware components which can be put through their paces artificially.
    The most obvious examples are the RAM and HDD(s).
    For the RAM, use the in-built memory diagnostics (run MDSCHED) or the 3rd-party memtest86 utility to run many hours worth of testing.
    For hard drives, check whether CHKDSK /R finds any problems on the drive(s), notably "bad sectors".
    Unreliable RAM, in particular, is deadly as far as software is concerned, and anything other than a 100% clear memory test result is cause for concern. Unfortunately, even a 100% clear result from the diagnostics utilities does not guarantee that the RAM is free from defects - only that none were encountered during the test passes.

We just cannot seem to figure out which component is failing, and its not that easy to get spare components to swap around figuring out which compent is failing.

The system is an assembled system, not bought at one reseller. And if we cant figure out which component is at fault, we dont know which reseller to send a component back to for RMA

Thank you for your help. If any additional information is required ill try forward what i know

:)

Henk Angenent, Aug 10, 2018

2. Getting BSOD 0x124 error

Ignore what everone said here.

0x124 BSOD is usually related to VCCIO (VTT), run Prime95 version 26.6 with custom sizes of 512K to 640K with 50% of your memory for at least 8 hours.

If you get a 0x124 BSOD, increase VCCIO voltage by small steps, run Prime95 again until your stable.

If you pass Prime95 512K to 640K without a BSOD, then its Vcore too low. I'd suggest running IntelBurnTest with 80% of your memory to verify stability (8 to 12 hours).

Oh, and yeah, if this problem appeared all of the sudden, the reason is CPU degradation, you can prevent it by enabling C-States or adjust your overclock to use lower voltages.

Regeneration, Aug 10, 2018
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. cplpro Win User

BSOD every few hours

7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile BSOD every few hours :)

cplpro, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

BSOD every few hours

1. BSOD every few hours - Similar Threads - BSOD every few

2. Random BSOD every few hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD every few hours: My computer crashes intermittently even if I'm not there doing anything and it's asleep every once in a while, I don't know what's causing it. The error code reads 139, so following instructions I found on here and used the Driver Verifier, crashing as a result of it, then...
  3. Random BSOD every few hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD every few hours: My computer crashes intermittently even if I'm not there doing anything and it's asleep every once in a while, I don't know what's causing it. The error code reads 139, so following instructions I found on here and used the Driver Verifier, crashing as a result of it, then...
  4. BSOD every few hours with new set of RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD every few hours with new set of RAM: Hi!I recently got another identical set of DDR5 RAM sticks for my system and they are now causing a BSOD with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE stated as the cause. This happens every few hours, but as far as I can tell, there is no regularity to it. However, all the minidump files...
  5. BSOD every few hours with new set of RAM

BSOD every few hours with new set of RAM: Hi!I recently got another identical set of DDR5 RAM sticks for my system and they are now causing a BSOD with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE stated as the cause. This happens every few hours, but as far as I can tell, there is no regularity to it. However, all the minidump files...
  6. Random BSOD that occurs every few hours or so

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD that occurs every few hours or so: About two days ago I started getting Blue screens most commonly while gaming coincidentally after I installed Overwatch 2 I have since uninstalledThe blue screens occur sometimes after a few hours, and sometimes multiple times within a few minutesSome of the BSOD errors that...
  7. Random BSOD that occurs every few hours or so

Random BSOD that occurs every few hours or so: About two days ago I started getting Blue screens most commonly while gaming coincidentally after I installed Overwatch 2 I have since uninstalledThe blue screens occur sometimes after a few hours, and sometimes multiple times within a few minutesSome of the BSOD errors that...
  8. Random BSOD that occurs every few hours or so

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. BSODs Every Few Hours

BSODs Every Few Hours: Hello, my laptop has been having various BSODs throughout this year. In a day it can restart once every two hours. The most common errors are memory management, unexpected store exception, kernel data inpage error, critical process died, bad system config info and invalid...
  10. BSOD every few hours or few days - very random

BSOD every few hours or few days - very random: I added a new video card so I could add a new 4K Dell P2715Q monitor with my current Dell 2407 WFP. The card is a PNY nVidia quadro k620. When I added them I still had Windows 7. Started getting random BSOD with various reasons indicated such as "driver IRQL not less or...