Windows 10: BSOD every once in a while not running any particular program

Discus and support BSOD every once in a while not running any particular program in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I just ran verifier to check my drivers and got it to bluescreen right on startup. So I ran in safe mode and turned verifier off through an elevated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DanielBall2, Jan 7, 2019.

1. BSOD every once in a while not running any particular program

So I just ran verifier to check my drivers and got it to bluescreen right on startup. So I ran in safe mode and turned verifier off through an elevated command prompt. That's about as far as my computer savviness goes, I uploaded the recent "minidump" to my OneDrive hoping someone can tell me what I actually need to do to fix my PC.

One Drive:

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=root&cid=EA9748A5C0C84CEA

Thank you

:)

DanielBall2, Jan 7, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jan 7, 2019
  3. Allow the second user to access particular programs

Hi Marisa,

It depends on the Windows build because if you use Windows 10 Home build, Microsoft doesn’t provide an option to give access to the particular programs. However if you use Windows 10 Pro build, it is possible to give access to the particular applications.

Follow the steps:

Go to the Group Policy window - scroll down to User Configuration - Administrative Templates - System

On the right pane, find the settings for Run only specific Windows applications and double click on it to find Properties.

Tap on the Enabled, then click on the Show.

When you are in the Show Contents window, tap each line in the list and type in the name of the executable you want users to be able to run.

Once done, click on ok.

Shut down Local Group Policy

Greg Shapiro, Jan 7, 2019
  4. BSOD every once in a while not running any particular program

BSODs at random times (no particular program used)

I ran the WhoCrashed bit after checking the settings in Step 7, I did change to what the previous post mentioned (photo is what it was before), but I didn't see anything about running a test BSOD dump. How would I do that exactly?

CaliByWayOfKS, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

BSOD every once in a while not running any particular program

1. BSOD every once in a while not running any particular program - Similar Threads - BSOD every once

2. BSOD every once in a while. NEED HELP DIAGNOSING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD every once in a while. NEED HELP DIAGNOSING: Hello,I have had BSOD every once in a while. I ran memory ram check and review my drivers but nothing has worked. Here is the bug analysis and dump file. Can someone tell me where the source of my BSOD please. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsvbcaielvcfjT2zyA6zcU9KddoO?e=hlr9Cp...
  3. BSOD every once in a while. NEED HELP DIAGNOSING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD every once in a while. NEED HELP DIAGNOSING: Hello,I have had BSOD every once in a while. I ran memory ram check and review my drivers but nothing has worked. Here is the bug analysis and dump file. Can someone tell me where the source of my BSOD please. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsvbcaielvcfjT2zyA6zcU9KddoO?e=hlr9Cp...
  4. The system keep repooting every once in a while

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The system keep repooting every once in a while: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION the error in event log The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000501, 0x0000000000000500, 0xfffff8006b8fb320. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...
  5. BSOD every once in a while APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD every once in a while APC_INDEX_MISMATCH: I've been getting BSODs every once in a while, however, in Safe mode they seem to not happen. I've done some memtests and they didn't return any errors. I feel like it's a driver problem. Please, if anyone could help me out, that would be deeply appreciated. Minidump:...
  6. BSoD once at least every day

BSoD once at least every day: My PC blue screens randomy at least once a day, i checked the eroor in computer managment and its all the same. The BSoD error messages vary from IRQL_not_LESS_OR_EQUAL to System service exception to apc index mismatch. I have tested the memory with memtest and the windows...
  7. Unknown syndrome, happens every once in a while

Unknown syndrome, happens every once in a while: A rectangle--usually black, sometimes spliced and sometimes transparent--appears in the center of the screen and when you click Power in the menu, no submenu comes up. Those seemingly two unrelated symptoms are the only ones that come up and they always come up together....
  8. My Transparency for my Start Menu dissapears every once in a while, despite having it every once

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Transparency for my Start Menu dissapears every once in a while, despite having it every once: My Transparency for my Start Menu dissapears every once in a while, despite having it every once in a while. Why and how can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trans/298edaf7-9ed6-45c0-bd11-11a8db3d719f
  9. BSOD while trying to run any video editing programs.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD while trying to run any video editing programs.: Hello, Like the subject says I am running into freezes, bsod issues when trying to run any video editing programs. hitfilm expres, Davinci resolve the same code appears clock_watchdog_timeout. I was able to get a dump file and i will post the results. system specs i9...
  10. BSODs at random times (no particular program used)

BSODs at random times (no particular program used): Hello there, On June 3rd, 2017 my Dell XPS got its first BSOD and I didn't think much of it due to the fact that the BSOD was so fast that I couldn't even catch what the particular error was. Unfortunately it has occured 11 more times since that day and the Windows 10...