Windows 10: BSoD every time I start up and strange behavior of application windows

Discus and support BSoD every time I start up and strange behavior of application windows in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have no idea how this started, how this happened, or how to fix this, but my computer has been acting strangely lately. My PC is a Lenovo Ideapad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SpiritedMusician2435, Nov 6, 2020.

1. BSoD every time I start up and strange behavior of application windows

I have no idea how this started, how this happened, or how to fix this, but my computer has been acting strangely lately.

My PC is a Lenovo Ideapad 330, with 1TB of storage. This error happened one stage at a time. First, the apps didn't do the correct fluid motions when minimizing, restoring, closing, and maximizing.Instead, it does sudden choppy animations. Take it like this- the minimize animation is now the same as the close animation which even that isn't correct. I will put in a video so you know what it does. Then one day, at startup, suddenly the blue screen of death popped up out of nowhere. And it showed up and restarted my PC every time it woke up from a shut down not restart, sleep, or hibernate though. I also noticed that my PC has gotten a lot more laggy. Please help, and I feel like my PC is going to break down completely at any second.

Video

:)

SpiritedMusician2435, Nov 6, 2020

2. Strange behavior of the Start menu

You can add shortcuts in the start menu, alphabetical list, by adding them in the old start menu location. What is strange is that if you add several shortcuts to the same program with different parameters, only one appears on the list, why ? No idea. Anyway
    it appears with the right icon, the one defined by the shortcut. If this entry list is pinned to the start screen, it appears with the icon of the exe file, not the one of the shortcut. Second strange behavior. I regret all this. The start menu of W10 lost
    something very important in the W7 and previous versions. The ability to create a hierarchical menu : one for internet, one for multimedia, one for office programs etc… The actual start menu is a real mess compared to what could be done in W7. This can be
    partly solved by the start screen : it’s possible to create folders, one for internet, one for multimedia ad so on, and the folders can contain pinned tiles to the right programs. Anyway, its’ completely impossible to create several shortcuts to the same program.
    For example one for starting the browser to one a website, one for starting it to another website and so on. Personally, I solve this by using an alternate shell able to manage several shortcuts to the same program… and to choose the icon. Anyway, this behavior
    of the start menu remains very strange, and makes the start menu of W10 less usable than the ones of the previous versions of windows (not W8 of course which was a complete failure).

mgrmgrmgrmgr, Nov 6, 2020
  3. Tomasm21 Win User
    My behavior with PC, its strange behavior to HDD and occasional BSOD

1. My behavior with my PC Desktop: Mostly I leave my PC ON without shutting it down. After 15 mins screen saver activates and after another ten minutes it goes to a sleep mode.

2. Strange technical behavior: Often one of its Hard Disk Drive or maybe inside ventilator after some time of work constantly shuts off. But when I go to that disk at letter E: then it reactivates. I can hear how inside my PC HDD starts to rotate. Sound pitch increases. And only after that spin acceleration when it spins at the highest speed I can access data onto E:. When I bought PC and put that internal HDD it worked constantly well without shutting itself down.

3. Critical Error: Sometimes my desktop PC suddenly turns to bsod. For example I sit down in front of it and press a button. It wakes up from sleep mode and reactivates.Then I'm browsing the Internet and listening to music on YT on one of browser tabs.After some time suddenly sound starts to stutter and loops at same 1/3 second gap. Screen turns to BSOD and gives such information:

BSoD every time I start up and strange behavior of application windows [​IMG]

Tomasm21, Nov 6, 2020
  4. BSoD every time I start up and strange behavior of application windows

Very Strange Behavior after Windows 10 Update

Help! After updating one of our PCs to Windows 10, we have encountered several "strange behavior" challenges. We have been looking for solutions via the communities on Microsoft and NVIDIA and elsewhere, but cannot find the "right" answers.

Strange Behavior #1 -- The display is producing very inconsistent results. Some functions of Windows do not display anything at all (such as the "Apps & Features" option in Settings > System > Apps & Features). The icons sometimes show up
    for the installed programs. Sometimes the list actually shows up. Sometimes nothing at all shows up. Sometimes the list of prompts and values to Search, Sort, and Filter do not show up. Sometimes they show up, but there is "ghost" text all over the list of
    values in the drop downs. This "ghosting" effect can be seen in several other areas of the UI, but it is also very inconsistent. We have tried uninstalling and re-installing the latest drivers from NVIDIA, but this has not helped.

Strange Behavior #2 -- All of the Office 2013 (client installation) applications are completely broken. Every time we attempt to launch any of the components (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.), the system states that the application has stopped
    working and that Windows will close it and notify us if a solution is available. We have attempted to run the "sfc /scannow" command (with Administrative privileges) and it returned no errors. We have downloaded and run the OffCAT utility to examine each application.
    While it reported a few issues with the applications, no solid solutions were offered.

Bottom line is... at the moment, this perfectly functioning Windows 7 Pro administrative machine is now a completely dysfunctional Windows 10 Pro boat anchor. We need to know if there is a way to correct these two issues. If not, what is the process for
    backing out Windows 10 and going back to the tried and true Windows 7 Pro configuration we had only a few short days ago?

This is very frustrating and sad. One of our laptops (a newer Win 8.1 Pro device) updated very cleanly to Win 10 and had given us hope that upgrading this older (though fully confirmed by Microsoft) Win 7 machine would upgrade smoothly. Not so.

Joyful-Pastor, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

BSoD every time I start up and strange behavior of application windows

1. BSoD every time I start up and strange behavior of application windows - Similar Threads - BSoD every start

2. strange behavior

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    strange behavior: in explorer i cant create "new folder".I can't type into search boxes in the usual way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-behavior/a4d18df8-6068-4cbd-8b3e-08b94dc85fdd
  3. Strange Behavior

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange Behavior: [ATTACH] Windows Taskbar My Windows freezes and then my taskbar is replaced by the one above. This replacement "taskbar" is not accessible, and non of the task bar fixes I have tried off the internet will restore it. Only a system reboot restores the "original"...
  4. Strange behavior of the Start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange behavior of the Start menu: You can add shortcuts in the start menu, alphabetical list, by adding them in the old start menu location. What is strange is that if you add several shortcuts to the same program with different parameters, only one appears on the list, why ? No idea. Anyway it appears with...
  5. Volume issue going up every time I start an application.

Volume issue going up every time I start an application.: Hello, I've been experiencing an issue with a volume problem when launching an app like a game for example. When I open it and put the volume down it stays like that but only until when I reopen the application the volume resets back to 100%. I don't know how to fix this...
  6. Strange CPU up-time behavior

Strange CPU up-time behavior: I have an Acer W10 laptop computer, with the latest updates This is very strange. If I go into Task Manager, Performance Tab, it will show my CPU time. Say it says 2 hours and I power down via the Windows icon/Power. If I power down for an hour, then reboot and check CPU...
  7. A strange behavior

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A strange behavior: Warning: The text of this question is made with Google Translate. I own a relatively new computer with Windows 10 Pro and Windows Insider Program. From the very beginning, every time I turn it on and reach the Windows lock screen, it does not detect any network connection,...
  8. Strange blue screen every time I start up PC

Strange blue screen every time I start up PC: Every time I start windows up I am faced with the blue screen in the picture provided. All I have to do is right click then choose personalise and it goes back to normal but I want to know what is causing this. I have attached a screenshot of my general spec too. Any help...
  9. BSOD on start up every time - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on start up every time - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: Every time I startup my computer, I get a blue screen of death with the message "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED". This happens after the windows 10 logo appears, but before I reach the login screen or desktop. The computer then restarts automatically and attempts an "Automatic...
  10. strange behavior .....

in Windows 10 Support
    strange behavior .....: good morning I spent the weekend upgrading my PC's from win 7 to win 10. the 1st one had some issues after the upgrade, but most have been solved. 2 of the other 3 went fine and all seem to be working as expected. the last one, and the most important one, has lots of...