Windows 10: BSOD every time I try to play a game on my PC

Discus and support BSOD every time I try to play a game on my PC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Demanding games such as Cold War and Cyberpunk have been crashing to a blue screen every single time I try to play them. After about 1-5 minutes of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Thermo115, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Thermo115 Win User

BSOD every time I try to play a game on my PC

Demanding games such as Cold War and Cyberpunk have been crashing to a blue screen every single time I try to play them. After about 1-5 minutes of gameplay, both of my monitors go black and a recovery screen pops up with no error code, prompting me with advanced options or a restart. This is the BSOD I am referring to. It is the same every time no matter which game I was playing.

At first, I believed this to be a problem with the 1440p option I was now using in game thanks to my new monitor, however, although my games can last longer if I just use the 1080p option, the same BSOD eventually results. The weird thing is, my old 1080p monitor is completely fine with these games.

My PC is an upgraded Dell Inspiron 5680, but none of my upgrades have ever posed an issue and the only addition to my setup that has ever caused a problem is this new 1440p monitor btw, it is a Gigabyte G27QC.

Here are my specs:

Device ID: 55318EBC-43A1-4CE1-AD8F-D140FDE271C6

Product ID: 00325-96317-22316-AAOEM

System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

CPU: IntelR CoreTM i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz

RAM: 16.0 GB 15.9 GB usable

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

PSU: 750W Corsair

I have gone through countless hours of research trying to pinpoint the problem, and I have already tried the following steps:

• I made sure Windows 10 was up to date and that my display drivers were current. Once this didn't work I tried Display Driver Uninstaller to completely rid my PC of possible bad drivers but even after reinstalling the problem persisted.
    • I also used Snappy Driver Installer to update every other driver on my PC, in addition to visiting the dell website to download those drivers.
    • I have also made sure the BIOS was completely up to date.
    • I have no overclocked settings.
    • Windows Memory Diagnostic says there are no issues.
    • Overheating could've been the issue, and since I haven't cleaned my PC in a while, I decided to clean it and replace the thermal paste on my CPU. My CPU temperatures are now substantially lower I was getting 90-100 in some games, now I have sitting at around 80 and my GPU temperatures are as low as they were beforehand. The issue wasn't fixed.
    • I've also changed the advanced power options per many articles trying to fix the BSOD
    • Playing in fullscreen or windowed mode does not help.
    • I have also shutdown and unplugged my PC, and I've essentially "reinstalled" my PSU and GPU, just to make sure there were no faulty connections.

Here is the Windows Event Viewer system crash log starting from the system booting up, to playing a game, to the PC crashing and rebooting again:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C2RySwmZfJlKFHrlaut9CmK1OhYGt-JS/view?usp=sharing

If any other files or logs are needed to help me resolve this issue, I'll happily oblige.

Thank you in advance.

:)

Thermo115, Jan 11, 2021

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 11, 2021
  3. axe0 Win User
    BSOD while playing games

Follow the instructions to run driver verifier again from BSOD while playing games, but now use these settings instead.
    • Special Pool
    • Force IRQL checking
    • Pool Tracking
    • Security Checks
    • Miscellaneous Checks
    • Power framework delay fuzzing
    • DDI compliance checking
    • I/O verification

4. BSOD every time I try to play a game on my PC

play games on my pc

Hi Lisa,

In order to assist properly, kindly answer the following questions:

• On which website are you trying to play the game? What is the title of the game?
    • Have you tried using other browsers like Edge?
    • What error message are you getting?
    • Can you provide more details on the troubleshooting steps that you have tried so far?
    • Are you experiencing that same thing using other PCs?

Your response is highly appreciated.

Rolando Vil, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

BSOD every time I try to play a game on my PC

1. BSOD every time I try to play a game on my PC - Similar Threads - BSOD every try

2. Getting DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD every time i try to play a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD every time i try to play a game.: This has happened to me some weeks back as well. I found online that this can be fixed by turning off Fast Shut down. I did that and it actually worked but now the problem is back. I did an analysis of the Memory dump using WinDbg :DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 The DPC watchdog...
  3. Getting DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD every time i try to play a game.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD every time i try to play a game.: This has happened to me some weeks back as well. I found online that this can be fixed by turning off Fast Shut down. I did that and it actually worked but now the problem is back. I did an analysis of the Memory dump using WinDbg :DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 The DPC watchdog...
  4. Got Bsod every time that I play game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Got Bsod every time that I play game: Hi I got bsod after I open games here a bsod code that I seenCritical Process DiedI even installed new windows but its still not fixmy spec :i5 8400Gigabyte H370 HD3Gigabyte GTX 1080Ti AROUS 11GCorsair Vengence 16GB 8*2 3200Corsair MP510 240GB...
  5. Got Bsod every time that I play game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got Bsod every time that I play game: Hi I got bsod after I open games here a bsod code that I seenCritical Process DiedI even installed new windows but its still not fixmy spec :i5 8400Gigabyte H370 HD3Gigabyte GTX 1080Ti AROUS 11GCorsair Vengence 16GB 8*2 3200Corsair MP510 240GB...
  6. Got Bsod every time that I play game

7. BSOD every time I try to play a game NEED HELP!

BSOD every time I try to play a game NEED HELP!: So I've been experiencing pc crashes or BSOD problems for a few weeks now whenever I play a game and I've tried running different tests and scans to figure out what is causing it but can't seem to pinpoint the problem. The specific BSOD I've been receiving is the stop code:...
  8. BSOD every time I try to play a game NEED HELP!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD every time I try to play a game NEED HELP!: So I've been experiencing pc crashes or BSOD problems for a few weeks now whenever I play a game and I've tried running different tests and scans to figure out what is causing it but can't seem to pinpoint the problem. The specific BSOD I've been receiving is the stop code:...
  9. BSOD every time I try to play a game NEED HELP!

10. BSOD every time i turn my pc on

BSOD every time i turn my pc on: my pc has been giving me bsod ever since i installed win10 on it, it happens with every boot, sometimes it displays a bsod, and other times just a black screen when windows starts to load, after that, it restarts on it's own or simply shuts down. After booting it for the 2nd...