Windows 10: BSOD every time PC wakes from sleep mode

Discus and support BSOD every time PC wakes from sleep mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I wondered if anyone can provide any help with a very frustrating issue I have been having. My system is a fair few years old and I have never had any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Brinders, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Brinders Win User

BSOD every time PC wakes from sleep mode

I wondered if anyone can provide any help with a very frustrating issue I have been having. My system is a fair few years old and I have never had any problems until recently. All of a sudden, a few weeks ago, I noted that every single time my PC wakes from sleep mode it BSOD with "Internal Power Error". I have tried to research this and have attempted every suggested fix to no avail: I have a strong suspicion that it may be related to my USB drivers, but I have re-installed windows and all my drivers, including the USB ones twice and this hasn't resolved this issue. If I disable sleep mode I never get an error and the PC can wake from a full hibernate with no issue. The only other issue I have (that may or may not be related) is that very occasionally one of my usb devices e.g. Headset, Keyboard, Mouse, RGB mousemat will not show as connected and the only way for it to register is to physically pull out the cable and plug it back in to the port.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

OS Build: Windows 10 Pro 64 18363.628

DxDiag.txt

:)

Brinders, Feb 11, 2020

2. BSOD due to netadaptercx.sys after waking the PC from Sleep

Hi Prakhar,

The steps you suggested did not solve the problem. I am still experiencing the BSOD when waking the computer from sleep. If you have an other suggestions they'd be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Chris

ChrisBarber2, Feb 11, 2020
  3. Waking from sleep mode

Hi Kenneth,

For us to narrow down your concern with waking up your computer from sleep mode, we would like to know the following:

• Aside from Windows Update. were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of your screen when you wake up your computer from sleep mode.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Feb 11, 2020
  4. BSOD every time PC wakes from sleep mode

PC waking up automatically from sleep mode

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the PC is waking from sleep mode as soon as you set it for sleep mode.

I appreciate your efforts in trying to find out that the issue is due to the wireless mouse and keyboard you are using.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    2. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?

Refer the article
    Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to check the power management tab for the driver and see if that helps.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for ‘Run’.
    2. In Run dialog box, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and hit enter.
    3. Expand the Keyboard and Mouse drivers.
    4. Double-click on the drivers and click on Power Management tab.
    5. Un-check the box next to Allow this device to wake the computer.
    6. Click on OK and close the device manager.

Try putting the PC to sleep mode and then check if the PC is waking up automatically.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

BSOD every time PC wakes from sleep mode

1. BSOD every time PC wakes from sleep mode - Similar Threads - BSOD every wakes

2. BSOD whenever my PC wakes from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD whenever my PC wakes from sleep mode: Hi, I've been having more and more frequent BSODs as of late. The issue typically occurs whenever the PC is awoken from sleep mode I'm not manually putting it into sleep mode after I've left it alone for some time. Normally this would only really happen whenever a game update...
  3. BSOD whenever my PC wakes from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD whenever my PC wakes from sleep mode: Hi, I've been having more and more frequent BSODs as of late. The issue typically occurs whenever the PC is awoken from sleep mode I'm not manually putting it into sleep mode after I've left it alone for some time. Normally this would only really happen whenever a game update...
  4. UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION BSOD every time my laptop wakes up from sleep mode.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION BSOD every time my laptop wakes up from sleep mode.: The issue started happening a few days ago, I did almost everything I found on the internet like freshly reinstalling Windows 10 and drivers, SSD tests, Ram tests, driver/windows updates, corrupted system files check etc., pretty much everything and I still have the BSOD. My...
  5. UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION BSOD every time my laptop wakes up from sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION BSOD every time my laptop wakes up from sleep mode.: The issue started happening a few days ago, I did almost everything I found on the internet like freshly reinstalling Windows 10 and drivers, SSD tests, Ram tests, driver/windows updates, corrupted system files check etc., pretty much everything and I still have the BSOD. My...
  6. UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION BSOD every time my laptop wakes up from sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. BSOD right after waking PC from sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD right after waking PC from sleep mode.: I've had this issue that whenever I open up my PCfrom sleep mode usually after a minute or two I'd have a BSOD with the code: PFN_LIST-CORRUPT. I've tried updating all my drivers and my BIOS too but this issue still occurs. Any fixes?Here's the minidump file for...
  8. BSOD right after waking PC from sleep mode.

BSOD right after waking PC from sleep mode.: I've had this issue that whenever I open up my PCfrom sleep mode usually after a minute or two I'd have a BSOD with the code: PFN_LIST-CORRUPT. I've tried updating all my drivers and my BIOS too but this issue still occurs. Any fixes?Here's the minidump file for...
  9. W10 PC waking from sleep every time immediately.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    W10 PC waking from sleep every time immediately.: Hello, I'm not an expert and any help would be greatly appreciated. W10 PC, keeps waking from Sleep. A few months ago, this would happen occasionally. I could not find anything for this. I did in power options set the "allow wake timers" to disable. That fixed the problem,...
  10. BSOD after waking up PC from Sleep Mode

BSOD after waking up PC from Sleep Mode: Hello, I have been having this problem for almost a year now and so far I can't seem to find a solution for this. The problem is that, when waking up my PC from Sleep Mode, I sometimes randomly get a "no signal" message on my monitor screen. The system itself is waking...