Windows 10: Bsod/freeze at random

Discus and support Bsod/freeze at random in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; at random times my pc will get bsod or just freeze and i need to restart. 90% of the times i turn the pc on it happens after 5-10 minutes and can then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Morrison, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Morrison Win User

Bsod/freeze at random

at random times my pc will get bsod or just freeze and i need to restart.
    90% of the times i turn the pc on it happens after 5-10 minutes and can then be good for several hours later.
    don't know what causes this, anyone have an idea?

:)

Morrison, Apr 21, 2017
  2. Matt_BMUZ Win User

Random Freezes and BSOD (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION)

Thank you for replying quickly.

My windows is currently up-to-date so it's not that. I've tried the troubleshooting and there seems to be no errors that are coming up.

I will check out the external devices, but its hard to tell. The freezes/bsod can appear at any time, sometimes its after several hours of PC usage, sometimes only a few minutes after start-up.

Any particular external devices should i take out?

Matt_BMUZ, Apr 21, 2017
  3. Matt_BMUZ Win User
    Random Freezes and BSOD (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION)

Hey guys,

I was wondering if you could help me out.

I have recently purchased some new parts for my computer. I upgraded my rig, the parts i upgraded were my Motherboard, CPU, GPU, RAM, new cooling system and purchased a M2 SSD.

I've had **** on, trying to put the new rig together but managed to get everything sorted. Had to do a fresh install of Windows 10 Home Edition due to the m2 ssd. The problem I am still getting is that a random times, my PC decides to freeze. It's not just
    a freeze and a bluescreen. Its a freeze, takes a 1min or 2mins to unfreeze, works for a few mins then decides to bluescreen. Mostly occurs when I'm on Google Chrome.

I've tried so many things to try and fix it but I think it's gone way above my head now.

Considering that its got a lot of new parts and it has a fresh install, I am not sure which drivers is causing this or even if it is related to the drivers.

I keep getting the same errors via event viewer, I will attach the picture down below.

Errors via Event viewer: Dropbox - errors via event viewer.png

Msinfo: Dropbox - mypcspecs.nfo

Speccy: Dropbox - PC.txt

Dumpfiles: Dropbox - memorydumps.zip

If I need any other type of information, you can ask me.

Hope you can help me out.

Matt_BMUZ, Apr 21, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

Bsod/freeze at random

Please uninstall everything of Nvidia using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from Nvidia. Be sure the clean install box is checked and only install the Graphics driver and the PhysX driver, you can use this tutorial for the installation part *Arrow NVIDIA Drivers - Avoid Problems - Windows 7 Help Forums

Bsod/freeze at random [​IMG]

Code: 3: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm Browse full module list start end module name fffff803`4a1d0000 fffff803`4b04a000 nvlddmkm (deferred) Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_e69a53b8ddde469c\nvlddmkm.sys Image name: nvlddmkm.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Sat Apr 1 03:26:23 2017 (58DF01BF) CheckSum: 00E2C8D8 ImageSize: 00E7A000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

5. Morrison Win User
    Tried ddu and clean install, no bsod after this but i had a freeze a couple of hours later.

Morrison, Apr 21, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    A system freeze as in you couldn't even move your mouse?

7. itsme1 Win User
    Can you try 373.06 NVIDIA driver.

itsme1, Apr 22, 2017
  8. Morrison Win User

Bsod/freeze at random

Nope, can't do anything, no response at all. heard that this might be a power supply issue tho.

Morrison, Apr 22, 2017
  9. Morrison Win User
    Hmm the problems started a couple of driver versions after that, maybe around new years, hopefully tho it was a driver issue that caused the bsod, and i have not had any of those since the clean install.

Morrison, Apr 22, 2017
  10. Morrison Win User
    Aaand i had another bsod, error message system_Service_exception

Morrison, Apr 22, 2017
  11. axe0 New Member
    Run the DM Log Collector again.

12. zbook New Member
    Which software (from downloads etc) can you use to analyze minidump and memory.dmp that you see posted on a web page or see in a zip file? I didnt analyze your dump files but saw that two of the drivers failed to load. One was mostly 2016 and the other in 2017
    The driver \Driver\tunnel failed to load for the device SWD\IP_TUNNEL_VBUS\Teredo_Tunnel_Device.
    The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device ROOT\WPD\0000.

zbook, Apr 23, 2017
  13. axe0 New Member

Bsod/freeze at random

Revert back the NVIDIA drivers to an earlier one, see if that improves stability.

14. axe0 New Member
    Install and Configure WinDBG for BSOD Analysis - Windows 10 BSOD Tutorials
    WinDBG - The Basics for Debugging Crash Dumps in Windows 10 - Windows 10 BSOD Tutorials

15. Morrison Win User
    Tried to revert to driver 373 as itsme1 suggested and 378, but it says none of them are compatible with this version of windows. removed everything with ddu but no luck so im back at 381.65.

Morrison, Apr 24, 2017
Thema:

Bsod/freeze at random

1. Bsod/freeze at random - Similar Threads - Bsod freeze random

2. Random freezes / BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random freezes / BSODs: Hi,for about 6 month, my system was running stable without any issues. Suddenly the system started freezing OS hanging, reset via on/off button or cutting power supply or BSOD-ing Clock_watchdog_timeout. All of that came out of the blue, no hardware changes, no BIOS changes,...
  3. Random freezes / BSODs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random freezes / BSODs: Hi,for about 6 month, my system was running stable without any issues. Suddenly the system started freezing OS hanging, reset via on/off button or cutting power supply or BSOD-ing Clock_watchdog_timeout. All of that came out of the blue, no hardware changes, no BIOS changes,...
  4. Random bsods and freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random bsods and freezing: I'm getting random bsods and occasionally my PC will freeze so that I have to manually power it off. I've tried resetting windows, updating drivers, rolling back drivers, etc. Here is a folder with a few of the most recent dump files:...
  5. Random bsods and freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random bsods and freezing: I'm getting random bsods and occasionally my PC will freeze so that I have to manually power it off. I've tried resetting windows, updating drivers, rolling back drivers, etc. Here is a folder with a few of the most recent dump files:...
  6. Random bsods and freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Random BSOD and freezing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Random BSOD and freezing: I purchased a PC a month or so ago and have been experiencing random BSOD and freezing. It seems to happen any time as I can't find a trigger. I'm not doing anything specific other than every day use. The BSOD seems to happen at least a couple times a week and the freezing,...
  8. Random freezes and BSODs

Random freezes and BSODs: I have a Sony VAIO laptop, model SVE14A290X, which had Windows 8.1 installed on it. I waited until late December 2015 to upgrade to Windows 10, and followed all of the instructions and driver downloads given on the Sony website.But since then I've been having regular freezes...
  9. Random Freezes/BSoDs?

Random Freezes/BSoDs?: Hello everyone. I have recently been receiving constant freezes (hard freezes, can't do anything, computer is still running but Gpu fans stop, monitor freezes, controls lock up, etc.) and BSoDs. To add some backstory, this just randomly started happening about 4 months after...
  10. Random freeze and BSOD

Random freeze and BSOD: Hi, i have random freeze and BSOD with various errors. dumps as requested by stickythread are attached. i will provide more dumps when the problem will happen again. Thank you. The problem was caused by the motherboard (BIOS P1.90), it seems that does not...