Windows 10: BSOD, Freeze & restarts

Discus and support BSOD, Freeze & restarts in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have ASUS TUF FX505DU windows 10 1909 18363.720. Issue i am facing with my laptop is that for no reason sometimes there is BSoD, sometimes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Syed Asghar, Apr 10, 2020.

1. BSOD, Freeze & restarts

Hi, I have ASUS TUF FX505DU windows 10 1909 18363.720.

Issue i am facing with my laptop is that for no reason sometimes there is BSoD, sometimes laptop freezes and sometimes restarts. This happens while running games or browsing internet no specific app or even when system is idle. Freezes mostly happens when there is no program running but sometimes laptop freezes while some program is running. I have run windows memory diagnostic, also diagnostics in myASUS app but there are no errors. I also reinstalled windows several times.

mini dump files:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QYe3RrUNpcfMuVRmmoEwh9e1kBuKljVP/view?usp=sharing

:)

Syed Asghar, Apr 10, 2020
  2. NetSurfer Win User

BSOD and freezing

Yesterday I started up my laptop from hibernating and it freezes, after restarting several times I get a BSOD which freezed on the BSOD one time.
    After restarting again the laptop freezed at the Welcome screen.
    I have had the freezing before, it was gone for about 2 months.
    I did not install any new hardware.
    Now it seems to run fine again.

But what is causing the freezing and the BSOD?
    I bought this laptop last January.

NetSurfer, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Arrakis9 Win User
    Random restarts

when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.

Arrakis9, Apr 10, 2020
  4. alexsubri Win User

BSOD, Freeze & restarts

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    BSOD, Freeze & restarts [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

BSOD, Freeze & restarts

1. BSOD, Freeze & restarts - Similar Threads - BSOD Freeze restarts

2. Random PC restarts and freezes with no BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random PC restarts and freezes with no BSOD: Hello, I've been having issues with my PC randomly restarting or freezing the symptoms vary each time. Sometimes the display freezes and the audio stutters before the PC restarts, sometimes the PC restarts immediately, and sometimes it freezes without restarting at all. I've...
  3. Computer will freeze and restart with no BSOD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer will freeze and restart with no BSOD.: When I am playing games, randomly my computer will freeze and restart itself. I ran sfc scan and dism but the problem is still occurring. The windows error is as follows:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000ef 0xffffdf87fff62240,...
  4. Computer will freeze and restart with no BSOD.

Computer will freeze and restart with no BSOD.: When I am playing games, randomly my computer will freeze and restart itself. I ran sfc scan and dism but the problem is still occurring. The windows error is as follows:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000ef 0xffffdf87fff62240,...
  5. Computer will freeze and restart with no BSOD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. BSOD, freezing, random restarts

BSOD, freezing, random restarts: Hello, after upgrading my motherboard and RAM i started getting BSOD, freezing and random restarts. I took it into a shop and they factory reset the PC but then the issues still keep happening. I have reset to windows 11 3 times now and the problem still exists. I have tried...
  7. BSOD, freezing, random restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD, freezing, random restarts: Hello, after upgrading my motherboard and RAM i started getting BSOD, freezing and random restarts. I took it into a shop and they factory reset the PC but then the issues still keep happening. I have reset to windows 11 3 times now and the problem still exists. I have tried...
  8. Windows keeps freezing/restarting/BSoD

Windows keeps freezing/restarting/BSoD: Hi, For couple of days I am fighting with my laptop. It keeps randomly freezing or restarting. Sometimes even BSoD happens. I have tried basic steps like updating drivers. This is happening even when I reinstall windows and tried everything from scratch. WinDbg usually...
  9. BSoD, Freeze & restarts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSoD, Freeze & restarts: Hi, I have ASUS TUF FX505DU Windows 10 (1909 18363.720). Issue i am facing with my laptop is that for no reason sometimes there is BSoD, sometimes laptop freezes and sometimes restarts. This happens while running games or browsing internet (no specific app) or even when...
  10. Random BSOD, freezing, and/or restarting

Random BSOD, freezing, and/or restarting: I recently replaced the mobo and the CPU on this system. I am getting BSOD and/or the computer randomly freeze or restart on its own. I did run the computer in safe mode for a whole day and did not have any of the aforementioned issues. Thank you for the help. 28683