Windows 10: BSOD, freezes and black screen on desktop and in a variety of games

Discus and support BSOD, freezes and black screen on desktop and in a variety of games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Greetings TenForums, I assembled this new PC back in March. Due to a defective RAM stick, I have had to wait until recently to actually put it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TootleDoo, May 9, 2019.

1. TootleDoo Win User

BSOD, freezes and black screen on desktop and in a variety of games

Greetings TenForums,

I assembled this new PC back in March. Due to a defective RAM stick, I have had to wait until recently to actually put it to use.

Unfortunately, I am experiencing problems when playing games, and in one instance even just messing around on the desktop.

After a seemingly random amount of playtime, either the image freezes (sound can still be heard) or the screen goes black (monitor claiming "no input signal"). Whether the gameplay returns after freezing seems to also be random, and in the event it does not, a hard reset is required.

Only one BSOD has happened so far, which was almost immediately after restarting from a black screen.

A friend with almost identical hardware had experienced a similar issue, and recommended updating the Ethernet driver. After having done so, the problems unfortunately still persist, with the exception of BSOD, which has yet to happen again.

I have attached both the DM and Beta Log collector files.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

:)

TootleDoo, May 9, 2019

2. Unable to play video games on Windows 10, black screen after log-in screen

Hi Natasha,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the Windows 10 operating system, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• From where are you trying to play the video games (downloaded/ from website)?
    • If you are playing games from website which browser are you using?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message when the game crashes?
    • Are you able log-in to your computer?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated display drivers.

As you see black screen while logging to the desktop, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about this issue, try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Also, I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, May 9, 2019
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, May 9, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Black Screen on Startup

Hello,

Could you please answer few questions:

• When you say “Now, nothing is on my desktop” what exactly are you referring to?

• Are you getting black screen after Sign in?
    If you are getting black screen after sign in, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, May 9, 2019
Thema:

1. BSOD, freezes and black screen on desktop and in a variety of games - Similar Threads - BSOD freezes black

2. Constant BSODs and black screen freezing!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSODs and black screen freezing!: Getting sick and tired of the constant BSODs and black screen freezing, so I'm coming to the community to seek help! Recently I've been coming across not just BSODs, but my display turning off as if something's wrong with it and then freezing up so I can't try to fix it with...
  3. Constant BSODs and black screen freezing!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant BSODs and black screen freezing!: Getting sick and tired of the constant BSODs and black screen freezing, so I'm coming to the community to seek help! Recently I've been coming across not just BSODs, but my display turning off as if something's wrong with it and then freezing up so I can't try to fix it with...
  4. Constant BSODs and black screen freezing!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD, Black Screen, and General Freezing while gaming on Windows 10 1909

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD, Black Screen, and General Freezing while gaming on Windows 10 1909: Recently I was sent a preinstalled Windows 10 Pro 1909 SSD, unable to reinstall different OS version or downgrade without voiding a warranty. Now, I am essentially stuck on Windows 10 1909 and while utilizing it I have run into a specific repeatable issue that I have tried...
  6. Freeze and black screen

Freeze and black screen: I got a new motherboard Mask b450 tomohawk max And I paired it with ryzen 3 1200, rx570 4gb Corsair vengeance lpx 2x8 3000mhz I used a fresh install of Windows using the tool Updated the pc and installed and updated every driver But be every now and again after about an hour...
  7. Black Screen and Freezing

Black Screen and Freezing: Hello Long after startup when my computer is just running applications will suddenly be Not Responding and the screen will go black, but does eventually load. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-and-freezing/69e80997-de94-4bcd-9daa-f5fb3415ea6c
  8. Black screen and freezes?

Black screen and freezes?: Other day was playing a game and all the sudden the screen went black and the keyboard froze. It was lit up but neither the numlock nor capslock would light up. Reset the computer and kept going into a boot loop. Was going to reinstall windows on a fresh install. Tried...
  9. Black screen freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen freeze: When I launch a game I have to wait like a minute until it launches after that a black screen appears, no sound and i cant do anything. I tried pressing windows key l, alt tabbing, ctrl+alt+delete, alt+f4 nothing helps only power button. I have all the latest drivers, did a...
  10. Different BSODs or freezing while gaming or at desktop

Different BSODs or freezing while gaming or at desktop: Recently I had been getting BSODs or freezing (no response from input, no pointer movement, screen stuck, last sound looping through speakers) that seemed to start around the time that the Win10 Creator Update hit my windows update. That was roughly a week ago. The frequency...