Windows 10: BSOD, freezes and crashes on Gears 5

Discus and support BSOD, freezes and crashes on Gears 5 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'll repost It until someone really takes care It, read carefuly my issues and the problem has been solved. First of all, I tried everything possible.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by soldiermxdeath, Sep 25, 2019.

1. BSOD, freezes and crashes on Gears 5

I'll repost It until someone really takes care It, read carefuly my issues and the problem has been solved.

First of all, I tried everything possible. And just to clarify this issues only happen on Gears 5 (and also Gears of War 4 but whatever)

I have the latest Windows 10 compilation, Drivers such like Nvidia 436.30 at the time I wrote this post, BIOS motherboard, etc.

Some things I did:

- CPU and GPU temps are fine, never above 60 ° C while playing.
    - I didn't install Ultra HD textures (using that doesn't make difference)
    - Game on HDD or SSD doesn't make difference.
    - Windows, Drivers and BIOS up to date.
    - Played with stock/OC settings. GPU stock settings too.
    - Rolled back to previous Nvidia driver, same issues.
    - Disabled flow control guard on Windows defender.
    - Vsync on/off
    - 20 hours of memtest86, 0 errors.
    - 2 hours of Aida64 stress test, 0 errors.
    - Uninstall drivers with Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU)

System Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.7 GHz

Cooler: ARCTIC - Freezer Xtreme Rev.2

SSD: ADATA Ultimate SU650 120 GB

HDD: Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM006 2TB

RAM: G.Skill Flare x 3200 MHz CL14

Motherboard: Asus TUF B350M-PLUS GAMING

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 Windforce OC 2X rev. 1.0

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G3 80 Plus Gold 220-G3-0650-Y1

Fan Case: 2x COUGAR CF-D12HB R 1200 RPM, 2x Corsair ML pro 120 mm

Examples of the issue (at the last seconds of this video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBXE206c5JM

Another example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPcpQ_JnLCE

I posted It on Gears forums and also here on Answers Microsoft and I was ignored by the responsibles who made t he videogame.

And this is what BlueScreenViewer shows me when the game got BSOD and It generated the minidump file and the MEMORY.DMP (The BSOD happened today for the first time, and It won't be the last)

BSOD, freezes and crashes on Gears 5 d99ed10f-4eb0-4cb5-a4ae-667d7a0b8041?upload=true.jpg

I repeat, the rest of games I own don't have this serious issues. Only Gears 5 and Gears of War 4.

This is how Microsoft treat to users. Very bad.

Seriously I'm pissed off. I read some post about how Microsoft changed the real testing in their products using real hardware, replacing It with virtual machines, now is well known Windows 10 has a lot of issues, because they don't test the software on real enviroments like computers of normal people, It happened the same with this game, Control Quality doesn't exist.

:)

soldiermxdeath, Sep 25, 2019

2. Gear 5 Wont start

Hi, Astral2040

My name is Aracely, I am an Independent Advisor. I would love to help you today.

Check these links, I hope it helps.

https://forums.gearsofwar.com/t/gears-5-crashin...

https://www.windowscentral.com/list-gears-5-kno...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Let me know if the information has been helpful in solving your problem.

AracelyRosemond, Sep 27, 2019
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 27, 2019
  4. BSOD, freezes and crashes on Gears 5

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

BSOD, freezes and crashes on Gears 5

1. BSOD, freezes and crashes on Gears 5 - Similar Threads - BSOD freezes crashes

2. Gears 5

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Gears 5: i bought gear of war 5 on steam and it wont launch it says windows cannot find'shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.HalifaxBaseGame_8wekyb3d8bbwel!App' i need help fixing this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gears-5/d79d8e6b-843e-48aa-9d55-95a2919d53ae
  3. Gears 5

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Gears 5: Everyime i try and load on online game in versus it trys then times out and saod there was an error connecting. Im connected to tye internet pleaee help this is on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gears-5/7735ed79-9a72-407c-bd2a-e2cd7d9f290a
  4. Gears 5 Xbox Gamepass PC freezing constantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gears 5 Xbox Gamepass PC freezing constantly: I just purchased Gamepass Ultimate after not having it since Feb. I have been looking to finish up the rest of Gears 5 but the game keeps freezing every 10 minutes. It never did this around the time of Gears 5 launch. Last night I fixed it by turning off every Razer program I...
  5. Gears 5 keeps crashing on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gears 5 keeps crashing on startup: I've read around that disabling the x-fi soundcard and/or changing audio quality fixed the issue. I don't have a x-fi soundcard, but i have a hyperx cloud revolver s 7.1 headset which has a usb soundcard ?. Tried unplugging it, didn't work. And changing audio quality also...
  6. Halo games and gears 5 lagging and freezing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Halo games and gears 5 lagging and freezing.: I have plenty of other games that run absolutely fine no issues high settings high fps. But any games I downloaded from the Microsoft store just have an absolute nightmare playing? I can put the graphics to the lowest and let the fps go as high as it wants and the games will...
  7. Windows freezes, Gears 5 BIG ISSUES

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows freezes, Gears 5 BIG ISSUES: The full main explanation of my issues are on my gears forum post below, PLEASE read It completely if you really care, instead of replying me with "Update your drivers" or something similar. Some weeks ago, when I started playing Gears 5 (Microsoft Store version with Game...
  8. Gears 5 Crashing on launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gears 5 Crashing on launch: With the Xbox Game Pass, I got access to Gears 5 and I downloaded it from the Microsoft Store. The game ran well for the first two days but since yesterday, it has been crashing on launch. It crashes just after showing Unreal Engine and Dolby Atmos. I tried resetting the app...
  9. gears 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gears 5: Hi, i bought gears 5 from the store on win 10. When i go to the store it says i own the game, but it wont let me install it. tried several times, restarted my pc, signed out and back in on the app, nothing works. can you help?...
  10. Gears of War 5 will not finish installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gears of War 5 will not finish installation: [ATTACH]On the windows store it does not give me an option to continue installation. [ATTACH] But as you can see on the main menu of the game it is stuck at 86%. There is nothing showing me progress of it installing anywhere, nor can i find an option on the game UI to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gears 5 pc freezing