Windows 10: BSoD / Freezing PC with Buzz

Discus and support BSoD / Freezing PC with Buzz in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! I have a brand new PC and had some system crashes so reinstalled windows and thought it worked but a day after my PC froze and made a buzzing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JanVil95, Feb 4, 2020.

1. JanVil95 Win User

BSoD / Freezing PC with Buzz

Hello!

I have a brand new PC and had some system crashes so reinstalled windows and thought it worked but a day after my PC froze and made a buzzing noise and then a few hours later I got the dreadful BSoD

PC Specs:
    i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz

RAM 64,0 GB

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super GPU

Crash Dump Analysis
    :

On Tue 2020/02/04 13:45:21 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\020420-9171-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x1C14E0
    Bugcheck code: 0x3B 0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF8011041FEC1, 0xFFFF8905D1E4ECE0, 0x0
    Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 2020/02/04 13:45:21 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe nt!setjmpex+0x8149
    Bugcheck code: 0x3B 0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF8011041FEC1, 0xFFFF8905D1E4ECE0, 0x0
    Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

I have installed the latest windows as well

:)

JanVil95, Feb 4, 2020

2. Windows 10 screen freezes and buzzing

Why cannot anybody fix my windows 10 from constantly freezing, followed by a loud buzzing? I have reset my computer mutiple times and followed every suggestion

MichaelThomas_970, Feb 4, 2020
  3. Every few hours my games freeze with buzzing, then unfreeze

Hello!

Approximately once every 2-3 hours (not tied to any specific time, this is just how often i feel this happens) any game im playing will freeze for 2-3 seconds, and then in my headphones i will hear the "buzzing" noise that usually happens when PC is about to BSOD.

However, BSOD doesnt happen. After 2-3 seconds pass, game resumes and everything is fine. There are no errors, no flashing screen, etc. Its as if nothing happened.

My steps so far:

1. Disable CPU, GPU and Memory overclock: Freeze still happens
    2. Run stress test on CPU, GPU and Memory: All tests pass
    3. Run Memtest86 to check RAM: 12 hour test finds 0 errors
    4. I run 2x 2080ti's in NVLink, so my next step was disabling NVlink: Freeze still happens
    5. Removed NVLink bridge, monitors etc only connected to first GPU: Freeze still happens
    6. Connected all monitors to second GPU: Freeze still happens
    7. Checked Event viewer - there are no WHEA or errors of any kind that i can find. The only event that happened at same time as this freeze are the three User Profile Service warnings:

Profile notification of event Load for component {B31118B2-1F49-48E5-B6F5-BC21CAEC56FB} failed, error code is See Tracelogging for error details.

Profile notification of event Unload for component {B31118B2-1F49-48E5-B6F5-BC21CAEC56FB} failed, error code is See Tracelogging for error details.

Profile notification of event Load for component {B31118B2-1F49-48E5-B6F5-BC21CAEC56FB} failed, error code is See Tracelogging for error details.

At this point i genuinely have no idea what else i could test, or what could be possibly causing this. Any suggestions please?

Win10, 9900k, 2x 2080ti, 64gb 3600 ram (clocked to 3200 normally), 2x nvme ssds, 1x hdd

(FYI this is a fresh build with fresh installs etc)

Also to add, i am monitoring my CPU with CoreTemp, and even during those freezes my CPU temp and useage were normal, and not in any way strange.

Thirteenera, Feb 4, 2020
  4. BSoD / Freezing PC with Buzz

Laptop freezes and makes a buzzing noise

Hi Jami,

To isolate this concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes on your computer recently?
    • Does it happen after installing an update?

You may run System File Checker and DISM Tool to check if there are corrupted system files that are causing the issue. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type each command and hit enter:

sfc /scannow

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

You may also perform a clean boot to isolate which programs or applications might be causing the freezing and buzzing noise on your computer. To do this, kindly refer to this article:

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

BSoD / Freezing PC with Buzz

1. BSoD / Freezing PC with Buzz - Similar Threads - BSoD Freezing Buzz

2. Weird buzzing sounds, screen Freezing and bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird buzzing sounds, screen Freezing and bsod: HiI’m constantly getting BSOD, I have al Asus tuf dash F15 latptop from 2021. I have this laptop for 2 years and Its the first time this problem occurs. It always occurs When I’m watching videos. Every 20 minutes I get a bsod. And Its more frequent When the charching cable is...
  3. PC Freezing and restarting with a buzzing sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Freezing and restarting with a buzzing sound: Hello,There is already a lot of topics about the issue, but they didn't help me. The PC is freezing and crushing with a loudly buzzing sound duriong playing games. The seller checked the hardware 2 times, didn't reproduce the issue, and changed all hardware parts for free....
  4. PC Freezing and restarting with a buzzing sound

PC Freezing and restarting with a buzzing sound: Hello,There is already a lot of topics about the issue, but they didn't help me. The PC is freezing and crushing with a loudly buzzing sound duriong playing games. The seller checked the hardware 2 times, didn't reproduce the issue, and changed all hardware parts for free....
  5. pc keeps freezing with buzzing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc keeps freezing with buzzing: i recently got windows 11 and have been experiencing this issue that happened when i first got my computer but it slowly stopped happening. i dont know why it started again but i think it might have something to do with my sound drivers but i dont know. i've checked all of my...
  6. pc keeps freezing with buzzing

pc keeps freezing with buzzing: i recently got windows 11 and have been experiencing this issue that happened when i first got my computer but it slowly stopped happening. i dont know why it started again but i think it might have something to do with my sound drivers but i dont know. i've checked all of my...
  7. freezing and Buzzing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    freezing and Buzzing: I was watching Youtube with my 3-month-old Asus ROG Strix g15 when suddenly everything froze and there was this loud buzzing sound for like a few seconds. When I check my System firmware it also has a warning sign thingy and I don't know how to fix it. specs are: GTX 1650ti...
  8. Freezing and Buzzing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freezing and Buzzing: My PC keeps freezing Until I force shut down trough the power button And makes a buzzing noise or something like iiiiii but.... and a little bit with a robotic one. When this PC Does that, i do not play games or benchmark it I never do this Or keep it on too long.... it just...
  9. PC keeps freezing with buzzing sound

PC keeps freezing with buzzing sound: The title really, the PC is brand new but it keeps crashing with a loud buzzing sound, I've run quite a few tests myself but I'm pretty much a novice so treat this as if I've tried nothing and start from scratch, any help would be appreciated, specs below: Operating system...
  10. PC keeps freezing with buzzing sound

PC keeps freezing with buzzing sound: The title really, the PC is brand new but it keeps crashing with a loud buzzing sound, I've run quite a few tests myself but I'm pretty much a novice so treat this as if I've tried nothing and start from scratch, any help would be appreciated, specs below: Operating system...