Windows 10: BSOD frequently happening for the past 6-7 months, no solution found

Discus and support BSOD frequently happening for the past 6-7 months, no solution found in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I firstly bought my PC as a prebuild in 2016 and after it had become too outdated a couple years ago, I started changing parts so I could run more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bellamy G, Feb 12, 2024.

1. Bellamy G Win User

BSOD frequently happening for the past 6-7 months, no solution found

I firstly bought my PC as a prebuild in 2016 and after it had become too outdated a couple years ago, I started changing parts so I could run more demanding games. I have changed every part of my PC besides the storages. Last summer I changed the motherboard and RAM which are compatible I have checked this already but I keep getting BSOD since that time. I have been trying to figure it out myself but nothing seems to work. I have checked for outdated drivers updated all the outdated drivers changed the ram freq in my bios to 3200 which is the freq for my motherboard but nothing seems to work

:)

Bellamy G, Feb 12, 2024
  2. hctedfor Win User

BSOD - Came back after 4 to 6 months of not happening

Good morning to all,

I was receiving the BSOD about 6 months ago at random times. After opting out of the Windows 10 Insiders Build program and successfully updating my operating system it went away until a few days ago. It is now happening more frequently then before. The only changes I have made are installing AVG Antivirus and running its "Fix Now -Tune up" feature. I attached a screenshot of its features (not all of which were performed: eg. didn't defrag solid state drive etc.) in addition to the debug report just in case it helps!

Thank you all!

hctedfor, Feb 12, 2024
  3. zbook Win User
    Frequent BSOD'S for the past 4 months

1) Open administrative command prompt (ACP) and type or copy and paste:
    2) sfc /scannow
    3) dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
    4) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    5) sfc /scannow
    6) chkdsk /scan
    7) wmic recoveros set autoreboot = false
    8) wmic recoveros set DebugInfoType = 7
    9) wmic recoveros get autoreboot
    10) wmic recoveros get DebugInfoType
    11) bcdedit /enum {badmemory}

12) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread

Use this link as needed when posting results:
    How to Change Post Editor to Source or WYSIWYG Mode at TenForums.com

1) Open administrative command prompt (ACP) and type or copy and paste:
    2) sfc /scannow
    3) dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
    4) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    5) sfc /scannow
    6) chkdsk /scan
    7) wmic recoveros set autoreboot = false
    8) wmic recoveros set DebugInfoType = 7
    9) wmic recoveros get autoreboot
    10) wmic recoveros get DebugInfoType
    11) bcdedit /enum {badmemory}

12) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread

Use this link as needed when posting results:
    How to Change Post Editor to Source or WYSIWYG Mode at TenForums.com

13) Open administrative command prompt (ACP) and type or copy and paste: (all at one time)
    Code:
    Indicate any findings / steps with the HD Sentinel link about communication errors.

Indicate the progress with creating a new restore point and understanding how to use widows driver verifier (WDV).

zbook, Feb 12, 2024
  4. BSOD frequently happening for the past 6-7 months, no solution found

Random but frequent BSOD - whea_uncorrectable_error

I’m getting a lots of BSOD with whea_uncorrectable_error and I have tried lots of thing/suggestions from googleing…. Before this happened it all worked perfectly fine for a month and all of the sudden
    it began. It have never been overclocked only RAM have been set for XMP standard.

So here is my information and the behavior of my system

Setup:

• ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger Z170 (1+ month old)
    • Intel i7-6700K (Stock speed) (1+ month old)
    • Noctua NH-D15 (1+ month old)
    • Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666MHz 2 x 8GB (1+ month old)
    • Samsung 850 pro 128 GB (2 years old)
    • Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000W (3 years old)

What I have tried hardware wise:

• Removed all unnecessary connections such as extra front USB and AUDIO connection
    • Removed all other drives than the OS drive
    • Switched RAM sockets placing and tried only one at a time (with each one)
    • Moved jumper back and forth
    • Reset BIOS settings
    • Installed OS on different drive
    • Changed to use different keyboard/mouse
    • Firmware updated both SSD and BIOS
    • Unplugged internet cable
    • XMP left on and off

What I have tried OS wise:

• Windows 10 version 1607 anniversary update (newest and fully updated windows 10)
    • Windows 10 version 1607 anniversary update (without updating)
    • Windows 10 version 1511 (to determine of some updates between 1511 and 1607 were the issue)
    • Windows 7 service 1 (fully updated)
    • Windows 7 service 1 (not updated) – Pretty stable (1 BSOD total)
    • Booting into safemode seems to remove the issue aswell

What I have tried software/testing wise (all tests passed):

• Run memtest86
    • Intel Diagnostic Tool
    • CMD chkdsk
    • CMD sfc /scannow
    • Windows memory dia tool
    • Prime95 for hours’ multiple times (temp really isn’t an issue max 70c but mostly around 60c)
    • DRIVER VERIFIER
    • Furmark
    • PCMark 7 – tried all free benchmarks (on sable win 7)
    • HDTune
    • CrystalInfo
    • Intel Driver Update Utility
    • Uninstalled most drivers and installed all newest drives from ASUS website (only drivers)

BSOD “whea_uncorrectable_error” happens with no visible pattern, but her is what I have seen:

• BSOD happens regular 3-15 min from boot time
    • BSOD can happen before login (at login screen)
    • BSOD happens both if left totally untouched or if used
    • BSOD seems to be delayed by prime95 (my thought is that prime95 takes all the CPU power/priority from other threads, so the software issue or whatever can’t be executed)
    • A prime95 test of 1 hour happened without BSOD, 7 min after prime95 end a BSOD happened
    • Nothing specific seems to trigger the issue
    • Windows 7 service 1 without updates - doesn’t seem to be triggered or just not as easily (The only 1 BSOD happened shortly after inserting ASUS driver cd(might be random) on a fresh WIN 7 install, for 2 days it ran without BSOD)

I have tried online dmp file analysis and can see mostly:

• Machine Check Exception
    • 0x124_GenuineIntel
    • WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT or WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

I hope somebody can help me, I don’t know what else to do, it could be a hardware issue with the newer parts and I could send it for RMA, but to me it seems as a software issue when prime95 can delay it
    and there mostly isn’t any issue with windows 7 service 1 without any updates.

I have made a ZIP with a dmp files in different folder for each OS

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxl9dui6ePZ7QnVFU290YUYwUWc/view?usp=sharing

MikkelKristensen, Feb 12, 2024
Thema:

BSOD frequently happening for the past 6-7 months, no solution found

1. BSOD frequently happening for the past 6-7 months, no solution found - Similar Threads - BSOD frequently happening

2. Frequent BSODs and haven't found a solution.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSODs and haven't found a solution.: I've been getting very frequent bsods, especially when I load up intensive games like helldivers 2 and r6. It crashes when using any application and it crashes at random times. It crashes faster when I load intensive applications though. I have ran sfc /scannow, memory...
  3. Frequent BSODs and haven't found a solution.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent BSODs and haven't found a solution.: I've been getting very frequent bsods, especially when I load up intensive games like helldivers 2 and r6. It crashes when using any application and it crashes at random times. It crashes faster when I load intensive applications though. I have ran sfc /scannow, memory...
  4. BSOD frequently happening for the past 6-7 months, no solution found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD frequently happening for the past 6-7 months, no solution found: I firstly bought my PC as a prebuild in 2016 and after it had become too outdated a couple years ago, I started changing parts so I could run more demanding games. I have changed every part of my PC besides the storages. Last summer I changed the motherboard and RAM which are...
  5. PC have been crashing into BSoD for the past 6 months.

PC have been crashing into BSoD for the past 6 months.: Operating System Windows 11GPU 1070ti 8gb VramCPU Intel i7 8700Motherboard Gigabyte B360M DS3Hi fully formatted my Nvme and installed win 11 in case that it would solve the problem but nothing changed.my current problem is that whenever i try to play genshin impact or dota 2,...
  6. PC have been crashing into BSoD for the past 6 months.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC have been crashing into BSoD for the past 6 months.: Operating System Windows 11GPU 1070ti 8gb VramCPU Intel i7 8700Motherboard Gigabyte B360M DS3Hi fully formatted my Nvme and installed win 11 in case that it would solve the problem but nothing changed.my current problem is that whenever i try to play genshin impact or dota 2,...
  7. frequent bsods for months

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    frequent bsods for months: Hi, Ive been having frequent bsods ever since i first got my pc a year ago that occur mostly when just browsing the internet. I havent been able to figure out what's been causing it, here are the dump...
  8. frequent bsods for months

frequent bsods for months: Hi, Ive been having frequent bsods ever since i first got my pc a year ago that occur mostly when just browsing the internet. I havent been able to figure out what's been causing it, here are the dump...
  9. Frequent BSOD'S for the past 4 months

Frequent BSOD'S for the past 4 months: Windows 10 OS BUILD 19041.572 The bsod's have begun around 4 months ago and i have been reccuring almost daily.I have reinstalled windows 4 times so far with no avail.I have done stress tests on cpu,hdd and ram memory so far with no leads besides the laptop freezing during...
  10. Receiving frequent BSODs in the past few months

Receiving frequent BSODs in the past few months: Hello all. Since around the middle of October, I have suddenly been receiving BSODs, mostly DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, or IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I have collected the necessary files and will upload them, with one caveat - I cleaned out the dump files a week or...