Windows 10: BSOD. friend suspects bad driver at fault

Discus and support BSOD. friend suspects bad driver at fault in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Here is the bugcheck https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YUXAEGaMKR_zbPFF0BrQR1Hj8UIfTJO_z35a-XhCMbk/edit?usp=sharing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by understandably, Jan 4, 2021.

1. BSOD. friend suspects bad driver at fault

Here is the bugcheck

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YUXAEGaMKR_zbPFF0BrQR1Hj8UIfTJO_z35a-XhCMbk/edit?usp=sharing

:)

understandably, Jan 4, 2021
  2. herrshaun Win User

[SOLVED] Multiple random BSODs, all pointing to the kernel

No BSODs yet but I haven't been playing World of Warcraft which I suspect to be a possible cause.

Was the driver verifier step necessary or just a suggestion?

herrshaun, Jan 4, 2021
  3. Friend's desktop BSOD - 0x139 ntkrnlmp.exe

Hello.

You can recommend to your for friend to do these steps:

• Use the event log to see if there are higher level events that occur leading up to this stop code.
    • If you recently added hardware to the system, try removing or replacing it. Or check with the manufacturer to see if any patches are available.
    • If new device drivers or system services have been added recently, try removing or updating them. Try to determine what changed in the system that caused the new bug check code to appear.
    • Check the System Log in Event Viewer for additional error messages that might help pinpoint the device or driver that is causing the error. For more information, see Open Event Viewer. Look for critical errors in the system log that occurred in the same time window as the blue screen.
    • Look in Device Manager to see if any devices are marked with the exclamation point (!). Review the events log displayed in driver properties for any faulting driver. Try updating the related driver.
    • Run a virus detection program. Viruses can infect all types of hard disks formatted for Windows, and resulting disk corruption can generate system bug check codes. Make sure the virus detection program checks the Master Boot Record for infections.

Also in the dump file it says that the process that was running when this BSOD happened was game.bin. Does your friend play an outdated game maybe?

BorisTheAnimal, Jan 4, 2021
  4. axe0 Win User

BSOD. friend suspects bad driver at fault

BSOD fault=Driver IRLQ not Less or Equal - L1C63x64.sys

Hi vaargen,

Welcome to the 10forums.

According to the dump there are a few drivers blamed.
    The Network In/Output system
    The NIC (Network Interface Card) driver

My guess is that Daemon tools is the root of the problem.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

BSOD. friend suspects bad driver at fault [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

axe0, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

BSOD. friend suspects bad driver at fault

1. BSOD. friend suspects bad driver at fault - Similar Threads - BSOD friend suspects

2. BSOD Issues, I suspect a driver problem but do not know which driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Issues, I suspect a driver problem but do not know which driver: I have been having BSOD issues recently, usually when starting up laptop or when running idle. Have gotten message on blue screen saying driver_power_state_failure, Kmode_exception_not_handled, page_fault in nonpage_area. Here is the logs for the most recent blue screens, any...
  3. Bad driver causing BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bad driver causing BSOD: Hi there,I need help in identifying the bad driver causing the BSOD. I'm not a techy person so I'm having difficulties. Thank you in advance!My PC: Ryzen 5 3600X 16GB RAM DDR4 HyperX 2666Mhz TUF B450M-PRO GAMING Motherboard Galax GTX 1660 FSP Hyper K 500W PSU 240 GB SSD and...
  4. Bad driver causing BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bad driver causing BSOD: Hi there,I need help in identifying the bad driver causing the BSOD. I'm not a techy person so I'm having difficulties. Thank you in advance!My PC: Ryzen 5 3600X 16GB RAM DDR4 HyperX 2666Mhz TUF B450M-PRO GAMING Motherboard Galax GTX 1660 FSP Hyper K 500W PSU 240 GB SSD and...
  5. Bad driver causing BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. BSOD suspected cause NVidea driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD suspected cause NVidea driver: Installed WinDBG as per the tutorial, as getting fairly regular BSODs not quite figured how to use it yet, was trying to identify my fairly regular BSODs Stop Code DPC watch dog violation, when saw several posts on the NVidea forum regarding BSODs with latest GPU drivers,...
  7. BSOD help, suspected driver issues.

BSOD help, suspected driver issues.: I've been having issues with my computer recently. The initial symptoms were that my two monitors would suddenly go black (usually when gaming + watching videos), only leaving sound as an output. When this happened I would have to power off my system with the power button to...
  8. BSOD in Windows 10 - suspected misbehaving driver

BSOD in Windows 10 - suspected misbehaving driver: Hi there, I am experiencing BSODs in Win10 and followed the advice regarding discovering the cause, i.e. running mdsched.exe, Driver Verifier, SysInfo32 and Speccy data. I have uploaded the minidumps and other test results to:...
  9. BSOD in Windows 10 - suspected misbehaving driver

BSOD in Windows 10 - suspected misbehaving driver: Hi there, I am experiencing BSODs in Win10 and followed the advice regarding discovering the cause, i.e. running mdsched.exe, Driver Verifier, SysInfo32 and Speccy data. I have uploaded the minidumps and other test results to:...
  10. BSOD Blizzard Games Mostly, Suspecting Drivers

BSOD Blizzard Games Mostly, Suspecting Drivers: Attachment 111574 Have been having the graphics display driver nvlddmkm drop out sporadically when playing various blizzard games. Only recently, while playing Starcraft 2, have I run into a BSOD twice with no visible warning as far as I could tell. As far as I can tell,...