Windows 10: BSOD from DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION after new CPU

Discus and support BSOD from DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION after new CPU in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So i recently installed an upgraded CPU for my system. I needed to update the bios on my ASRock b350 to 5.40 and then 5.80 to get windows to boot. Then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ken_Bower, May 7, 2020.

1. Ken_Bower Win User

BSOD from DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION after new CPU

So i recently installed an upgraded CPU for my system. I needed to update the bios on my ASRock b350 to 5.40 and then 5.80 to get windows to boot. Then it worked for a week and ran fine, until yesterday when i gave it a restart. The computer crashed on reboot, multiple times and i became very worried. Ive spent the last 18 hours trying to figure out whats wrong with my computer.

The two files BlueScreenViewer shows are hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe are the culprits, with most crashes holding the error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, although twice during out attempts to diagnose the issue, the crash error changed to KMOD_EXECPTION_NOT_HANDLED.

We tried reinstalling windows which crashed during the install process and recovered somehow, checking drivers and the volumes using elevated command prompt, memtest with 0 errors and chkdsk brought back nothing. One cmd command cleaned a single corrupt file but that also had no effect. We then tried different DDRM and SOC frequencies, then resetting the mobo CMOS and trying different frequencies and XMP profiles, all with mixed results and no answers. Testing my RAM sticks individually to see if one of them is faulty but each one on its own still experienced a crash.

So im sitting here at my pc with windows booted, but if i attempt to, say, run a video game, the computer freezes and crashes. Im desperate at this point because i dont think my local repair shop is open due to the quarantine, please if anyone can help me I'd sincerely appreciate it!

Parts:

AMD RYZEN 5 3600 6-Core 3.6 GHz 4.2 GHz Max Boost Socket AM4 65W 100-100000031B

HyperX Predator Black 32GB kit 3200MHz DDR4 CL16 DIMM XMP Desktop PC Memory HX432C16PB3K2/32

ASRock AB350 Pro4 AM4 AMD Promontory B350 SATA 6Gb/s USB

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gLPJlMIpuPLLhv-mMJP2GshimyiL-GtL/view?usp=sharing

^

And this is the screenshot of the crash viewer, if more info is needed please let me know!

:)

Ken_Bower, May 7, 2020

2. Windows 10 build 10586 BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Check (enable) it then do Step #5 & test.

The above notwithstanding...

Are you still getting the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSODs or...?

PA Bear - MS MVP, May 7, 2020
  3. BSOD with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below article regarding BSOD error and check if it helps.

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Bluescreen Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 7, 2020
  4. Riel Alc Win User

DPC_Watchdog_Violation

Hi Steve,

For us to effectively assist you to resolve the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error, were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue?

You will be getting the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error if the hardware driver is having an issue. Please check the following thread to resolve this:

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, May 7, 2020
Thema:

1. BSOD from DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION after new CPU - Similar Threads - BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION CPU

2. BSOD after installing new cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after installing new cpu: So after instaling new cpu and m2 drive frequent BSOD startet appearing right after booting up the pc there were about 4 different ones most of the time it said MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTIONS but also the others that i have saved are CLOCK WATCHDOG. TIMEOUT, KERNEL SECURITY CHECH...
  3. BSOD after installing new cpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after installing new cpu: So after instaling new cpu and m2 drive frequent BSOD startet appearing right after booting up the pc there were about 4 different ones most of the time it said MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTIONS but also the others that i have saved are CLOCK WATCHDOG. TIMEOUT, KERNEL SECURITY CHECH...
  4. BSOD after installing new CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after installing new CPU: I've been getting a blue screen with service system exception periodically after installing a new CPU, any assistance with understanding the problem would be appreciated.I've updated my system BIOS and the chipset driver for my mobo, but it still randomly crashed after a...
  5. BSOD after installing new CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after installing new CPU: I've been getting a blue screen with service system exception periodically after installing a new CPU, any assistance with understanding the problem would be appreciated.I've updated my system BIOS and the chipset driver for my mobo, but it still randomly crashed after a...
  6. BSOD after installing new CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. BSOD after install of new CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after install of new CPU: Hello, I recently installed a new CPU, after doing so I was excited to play games with better performance.Before buying the CPU I made sure I checked that everything should be compatible and it was, I bought it as a prebuilt and went on the “Upgrade your PC and picked it from...
  8. BSOD after installation of new cpu

BSOD after installation of new cpu: I recently purchased a Ryzen 5 3600 to replace my Ryzen 3 1200 and I updated my BIOS to version F50a on my GA-X370 Gaming K5 motherboard but after I'd installed the new cpu my system went into a series of error messages*KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED*KERNEL SECURITY CHECK...
  9. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD on a new pc build

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD on a new pc build: Hello Guys Ever Since I built my pc ~5 months ago, I've been having this Random BSOD with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error code. I've tried a lot of solutions out there with no luck, so I'm open to all suggestions, this is really frustrating me, it happens at least once daily...
  10. BSOD dpc_watchdog_violation, after returning from holiday

BSOD dpc_watchdog_violation, after returning from holiday: So this is my 1st post hello everyone! note: I did upgrade C: to SSD and other drive to Seagate Hybrid-SSD a few months ago but all went ok and day to day tasks much faster, no crashing or BSOD after upgrade. Since returning home from holiday (28th August) my pc has started...