Windows 10: BSOD From GPU Drivers

Discus and support BSOD From GPU Drivers in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I reinstalled my GPU Drivers, my PC always blue screens with various causes every time. I can not start up and get 2 seconds into windows.After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by alex duance, Feb 25, 2024.

1. BSOD From GPU Drivers

When I reinstalled my GPU Drivers, my PC always blue screens with various causes every time. I can not start up and get 2 seconds into windows.After some experimenting, I found that I could only have one stick of RAM in my PC in the second slot and it works just fine. I got a replacement as I thought the other stick of RAM was just faulty. Tried the second and forth slot with the new RAM and it still bluescreens. Tried it with all 4 RAM slots. Still blue screens. It only seems to not bluescreen and run fine wit only one RAM stick installed. I do not know if this is simply a RAM problem as well

:)

alex duance, Feb 25, 2024

2. BSOD before new GPU and PSU, more BSOD afterwards

(yes I asked chatGpt to make the post for me for fun!)

Hello Microsoft Community,

I recently upgraded my GPU and PSU, hoping to improve my system's performance. However, I've been encountering a significant increase in Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) errors since the upgrade. Prior to formatting and installing the new GPU, I did experience some occasional BSODs, which I attributed to driver errors. Since I had planned to format my system anyway, I didn't investigate further at the time.
    I also encounter a lot of frame rate drops, mostly while playing games but also during normal usage.

Here are the details of my current situation:

1. New GPU: I purchased and installed an AMD 580x GPU.
    2. PSU Replacement: I replaced my old PSU, which was approximately 10 years old, with a new one.
    BSOD Error Codes I've encountered:

1. MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    2. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    3. PAGE_TEMPLATE_NOT_FOUND
    Troubleshooting Steps Taken:

1. Memtest86: I ran Memtest86 from a USB drive, and it reported zero errors.
    2. System File Checker (SFC): I ran the "sfc /scannow" command, which detected and fixed some errors.
    3. DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management): I executed the "DISM /cleanup /restorehealth /cleanup-image" command to ensure the system image was in a good state.
    4. Chkdsk: I ran a disk check using the "chkdsk" command.
    5. Disk Repair and Defrag: I performed disk repair and defragmentation.
    6. Driver Updates: I updated all drivers using Windows Update, and I also downloaded and installed the latest AMD drivers for my GPU (AMD 580x).
    Despite undertaking these troubleshooting steps, the BSODs persist with greater frequency than before. I'm reaching out to the community for any guidance or suggestions on how to resolve this issue.

Minidump files:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RKq_oNeDNs-ktwsO0OrcY45hLATJTY9L/view?usp=share_link

samueel galanti, Feb 26, 2024
  3. alexsubri Win User
    BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    BSOD From GPU Drivers [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Feb 26, 2024
  4. BSOD From GPU Drivers

BSOD Windows 10 - Driver Verifier causing windows to boot loop and carnt get BSOD to find driver at fault. need help!

Right, I have done a lot of testing over the weekend and these are the results;

1. disabled gpu = BSOD
    2. removed gpu drivers and gpu from system = BSOD
    3. removed battery and cleared CMOS
    4. tried a old AMD gpu and driver = BSOD
    5. moved ram from stots A2 & B2 to A1 & B1 = BSOD
    6. ram a single ram stick in A2 = BSOD
    7. ram the other ram stick in A2 = BSOD
    8. disconnected corsair lighting node pro = BSOD
    9. sfc /scannow = no issues
    10. updated all windows 10 + drivers to the latest versions = BSOD
    11. enabled driver verifier = BSOD (creative video capture driver shown as issue
    12. uninstalled creative software and drivers = BSOD
    so where do I go from here? (other that throwing my 2k computer that's less than a year old out my window)

some of todays dump data

Chris_Neale, Feb 26, 2024
Thema:

BSOD From GPU Drivers

1. BSOD From GPU Drivers - Similar Threads - BSOD GPU Drivers

2. bsod after updating Windows and Gpu drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bsod after updating Windows and Gpu drivers: Randomly out of the blue my pc has started having BSOD's all with the same "memory_management" error, this has only started happening after i updated my windows 11 to the latest version, and updating my gpu to the newest driver. I have the text from the dump file though i...
  3. bsod after updating Windows and Gpu drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bsod after updating Windows and Gpu drivers: Randomly out of the blue my pc has started having BSOD's all with the same "memory_management" error, this has only started happening after i updated my windows 11 to the latest version, and updating my gpu to the newest driver. I have the text from the dump file though i...
  4. BSOD From GPU Drivers

BSOD From GPU Drivers: When I reinstalled my GPU Drivers, my PC always blue screens with various causes every time. I can not start up and get 2 seconds into windows.After some experimenting, I found that I could only have one stick of RAM in my PC in the second slot and it works just fine. I got a...
  5. BSOD From GPU Drivers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD From GPU Drivers: When I reinstalled my GPU Drivers, my PC always blue screens with various causes every time. I can not start up and get 2 seconds into windows.After some experimenting, I found that I could only have one stick of RAM in my PC in the second slot and it works just fine. I got a...
  6. Pc BSOD and issues with Nvidia gpu drivers

Pc BSOD and issues with Nvidia gpu drivers: My pc had issues after a BIOS update, where the GPU no longer outputs to display and Nvidia drivers fail to install or do install and bsod the pc. Even when they do install the gpu outputs still fail to work. I've tried using DDU to remove the Nvidia drivers and download...
  7. Pc BSOD and issues with Nvidia gpu drivers

Pc BSOD and issues with Nvidia gpu drivers: My pc had issues after a BIOS update, where the GPU no longer outputs to display and Nvidia drivers fail to install or do install and bsod the pc. Even when they do install the gpu outputs still fail to work. I've tried using DDU to remove the Nvidia drivers and download...
  8. Crash by no visible BSOD GPU driver failure?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crash by no visible BSOD GPU driver failure?: Hello,I got some issues I have not been able to solve on my own and getting somewhat desperate to solve it since I use the PC for work. It seems to be either driver or hardware related but I am not entirely sure. I used windbg to try to figure it out but got stuck. The issue...
  9. Rolling BSOD due to GPU drivers

Rolling BSOD due to GPU drivers: My Windows 10 laptop entered a boot loop after installing new GPU drivers in an attempt to get my laptop to recognise my GPU instead of using the windows default adapter. I did a full reset of my PC thinking it would get rid of the drivers but all that managed to accomplish...
  10. BSOD, sudden restart and GPU drivers crashing!

BSOD, sudden restart and GPU drivers crashing!: Hello! After installing Windows 10 pro 64-bit v1903 on my newly built PC (ryzen 5 1600, asus b350 plus, msi armor rx 480 8gb oc), it kept crashing randomly while gaming or just when browsing the web. Sometimes the system would restart, taking a lot of time, sometimes the...