Windows 10: BSOD from possible Dual-Band Wireless Adapter install

Discus and support BSOD from possible Dual-Band Wireless Adapter install in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am trying to make my desktop go to a wireless network. I inserted the usb stick into my computer and it was off and running. Couple days later I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MackAttack, Sep 27, 2016.

1. BSOD from possible Dual-Band Wireless Adapter install

I am trying to make my desktop go to a wireless network. I inserted the usb stick into my computer and it was off and running. Couple days later I started receiving Blue screen saying error: storport.sys I've tried to locate this defualt driver but I cannot find it when i hot the windows+m keys. I am not a savoy computer person so what ever information you need I will try my best to get.

:)

MackAttack, Sep 27, 2016
  2. Saltgrass Win User

Bluetooth STOPPED working in Windows 10 ... this is a common issue (hundreds of others also have unresolved issue).

You never really told us anything about your system, such as is it a laptop?

The terminology used to describe Network Adapters can be very confusing to me. For instance, I see Intel has a Wireless-N 7260 but the Centrino description is not mentioned. Possibly that is just referring to the Processor used in the system.

I have a Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 which works very well and never had any Windows 10 problems. I have seen several versions of a single band Wireless-N device which have problems with Win 10, so possibly that is your
    basic situation.

If the Bluetooth icon disappears from the tray, the device is probably disappearing from the Device Manager. I believe the system is loosing communications to the device which causes it to disappear. You might enable the ability to view hidden devices
    in Device Manager and see what you show.

The other thing you might do is open up the panel for access to the Wireless card and reseat it and make sure the antenna leads are secure. Make sure and power down your system and remove the battery or external power. If you do this, take the time to
    take a picture or verify the configuration of that card in case you might decide to replace it.

I just received my new Inspiron 7000 2-in-1 which came with a single band wireless adapter. I have a Dual band version ready to replace it and will be testing the quality of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on both cards.....

Some info I picked up on the Intel site.

What adapters work with Windows® 10?

Windows® 10 driver

• Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265
    • Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168
    • Intel® Tri-Band Wireless-AC 18260
    • Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260
    • Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165
    • Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265
    • Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7265
    • Intel® Wireless-N 7265
    • Intel® Tri-Band Wireless-AC 17265
    Does an Intel Bluetooth® adapter work on Windows® 10?
    Yes. Uninstall the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software (Bluetooth®) before you install Windows 10. If you don't uninstall the software, the OS upgrade process will not complete. Microsoft installs basic Bluetooth® drivers that allow you to use your Intel Bluetooth®
    adapter. To take advantage of advanced settings and more profiles, you must upgrade your Intel Bluetooth® driver.

Saltgrass, Sep 27, 2016
  3. Windows 10 BAD_POOL_HEADER

Adapters from Device Manager are ...

Intel Dual Band Wireless - AC7265

Intel Ethernet Connection I218-LM

KevinDeCoster, Sep 27, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

BSOD from possible Dual-Band Wireless Adapter install

Sorry for the late reply. Gets very busy here some times *Sad

iaStor seems to be the problem:
    Code: BugCheck D1, {1000ffffffff, 2, 0, fffff804f94624ac} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for iaStorA.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for iaStorA.sys Probably caused by : iaStorA.sys ( iaStorA+63aa8 )[/quote] iaStorA.sys is the Intel RST (Rapid Storage Technology) driver. The one you have is very old (2012). Please update it and see if that resolves the problem. I don't see a Wibn 10 version but there is a Win 8.1 X64 version from 2013, so give that a try.

Better yet, try the one from Intel: Download Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) RAID Driver

Ztruker, Sep 30, 2016
  5. Rich,

When I tried to install the RAID Driver all 3 zip's said that my system wasn't compatible....

MackAttack, Oct 2, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD from possible Dual-Band Wireless Adapter install

1. BSOD from possible Dual-Band Wireless Adapter install - Similar Threads - BSOD possible Dual

2. Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 8265 problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 8265 problems: I can't use Bluetooth anymore. My computer forgot that it exists. How do I get it to work again? My System Manufacturer is Alienware and my System Model is Alienware Aurora R8. I tried updating the driver but it has the latest updates....
  3. Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 adapter keeps disconnecting and is experiencing problems

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 adapter keeps disconnecting and is experiencing problems: [IMG]Some users are experiencing errors after downloading an update for the wireless LAN driver. They find that their Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 adapter is experiencing problems. In this guide, we will explain some easy ways to fix the error. What is Intel Dual Band...
  4. IntelR Dual Band Wireless-N 7260

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IntelR Dual Band Wireless-N 7260: Greetings, I have a problem. Some time ago I have been using an Asus laptop with windows 8. When it was updated to Windows 10 I began to notice that the internet disconnected itself, and did not return, When I went to the network connections folder, I had 2 cases.1. the...
  5. Intel dual band wireless AC-8265

Intel dual band wireless AC-8265: My intel wirelsss card is not working verified that drivers are up to date. I get code 10 error device cannor start. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-dual-band-wireless-ac-8265/1d2891d7-66e6-4118-ae42-d247295d2b9d
  6. no detection of TP-link T6E archer: wireless dual band PCIE adapter

no detection of TP-link T6E archer: wireless dual band PCIE adapter: Hello, I have a problem withthis device. I cannot find it in the device manager. my config: [ATTACH] I have tried many things: 1 All my drivers are updated 2 BIOS and firmware are updated 3 I have tried different pcie 1x port a green led is lighting, so the card is...
  7. Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 8265 not working network adapter

Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 8265 not working network adapter: I opened my ASUS Flipbook 14 and I cannot connect to the internet/wifi anymore. Even in settings, only ethernet are being shown without options for wireless internet connection. I went to the device manager and found that one network adapter: Intel R Dual Band Wireless-AC...
  8. Mobile Hotspot with dual band possible?

Mobile Hotspot with dual band possible?: Hello everyone, I use my computer as my router, since my house router doesn't cover all my house and my signal is better coming straight from my ethernet cable routing from my computer. I got a new wireless device for my pc just for that, and the device does support dual...
  9. Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260: I ran some Windows updates and it made it so that my Bluetooth didn't work. In the adapter info it shows that there is Bluetooth capability, but when I try to connect to a Bluetooth device it acts like I don't have a Bluetooth adapter. This happened on two Sony Tap 11...
  10. intel dual band wireless ac 7260 problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    intel dual band wireless ac 7260 problem: I bought this card for my Dell Inspiron 1521 laptop early last year when a Windows creator's update caused my original WI-FI card to no longer work. Back then I tried this one and it had the problem of showing no WI-FI networks even though I am 5 feet from my router which...