Windows 10: BSOD from time to time

Discus and support BSOD from time to time in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I experienced a lot of BSOD recently, at about once a week, with my win10 gaming laptop. The cause of BSOD varys every time, but the full memory dumps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lizardll, Oct 15, 2020.

1. lizardll Win User

BSOD from time to time

I experienced a lot of BSOD recently, at about once a week, with my win10 gaming laptop. The cause of BSOD varys every time, but the full memory dumps are all broken showed by some analysing tools. So I changes the dump option to minidump and got this dump file. While this minidump shows CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, I remember the last time the cause was faulty hardware corrupted page however the dump file corrupted. I once suspected that the culprit is my memory, as the two 8GB ddr4 memories come from different companies, but both windows memtest and memtest86 show no faults.

dumpfile: https://we.tl/t-v9hHKo1Cop

:)

lizardll, Oct 15, 2020
  2. auggy Win User

BSOD during boot every other time

The Event Logs did not show any evidence of BSODs so they may not even be recorded in the Event Viewer.

At this point I might suggest to try a clean boot, restart the computer a few times, and see if the same BSODs occur:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Follow the steps for Windows 8.1. Windows Key + S opens Search

auggy, Oct 15, 2020
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Changing Time Format

Hi Mary,

There's a possibility that the set up time format in your computer Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) is military time. To have this checked, you can try to reset the time of your computer through Control Panel. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Open Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region >
      Change date, time, or number formats. This would open the
      Region
      window.
    • From there, click on Additional settings at the bottom part. It will open the Customize Format.
    • Click Reset; then, OK.

The steps should work; however, if not, we suggest that you contact manufacturer and have the BIOS time checked.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestions .

John Sarc, Oct 15, 2020
  4. BSOD from time to time

Date and Time

Hi Roman,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to change the Date and Time format from Control Panel and check. Also select the time zone as UTC-5.00 Eastern Time.

After changing the setting, I suggest you to set “Windows Time” service as automatic. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Right click on Windows Time service.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to Automatic.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.
    Restart your computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

BSOD from time to time

1. BSOD from time to time - Similar Threads - BSOD

2. GSOD/BSOD boot device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GSOD/BSOD boot device: So removed all my other hard disks and attempted this. When I turn on my pc it takes 5ish mins and then I get the GSOD and a message saying boot device inaccessible. It will then restart and try loading the auto repair/tools and it takes 5ish mins then I get a BSOD saying...
  3. GSOD/BSOD boot device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GSOD/BSOD boot device: So removed all my other hard disks and attempted this. When I turn on my pc it takes 5ish mins and then I get the GSOD and a message saying boot device inaccessible. It will then restart and try loading the auto repair/tools and it takes 5ish mins then I get a BSOD saying...
  4. Bsod

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod: Window crashed after use TPLINK Wifi adapter. How to solve this problem ? Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod/24a2227e-2e25-452b-a8df-e4e8a630d223
  5. Bsod

Bsod: Window crashed after use TPLINK Wifi adapter. How to solve this problem ? Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod/24a2227e-2e25-452b-a8df-e4e8a630d223
  6. Bsod

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Persistent BSOD issue on moderate to heavy usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent BSOD issue on moderate to heavy usage: I've been getting a lot of BSODs on heavy usage like gaming/video editing. On normal usage, there is no issue, but on running games like tekken or softwares like a voice changer, I always get a BSOD within 5-10 minutes. I have tried stuff like updating my nvidia drivers,...
  8. Persistent BSOD issue on moderate to heavy usage

Persistent BSOD issue on moderate to heavy usage: I've been getting a lot of BSODs on heavy usage like gaming/video editing. On normal usage, there is no issue, but on running games like tekken or softwares like a voice changer, I always get a BSOD within 5-10 minutes. I have tried stuff like updating my nvidia drivers,...
  9. Persistent BSOD issue on moderate to heavy usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Frequent BSOD about nvlddmk.sys with the stop code: VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent BSOD about nvlddmk.sys with the stop code: VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE: Lately, when I just log on to my laptop Windows 10, I often receive this BSOD error after my laptop struggle or hang a little when my apps started to load in. Also, I just check my Event Viewer and the latest error says "The GameInput Service service terminated unexpectedly....