Windows 10: BSOD fun that doesn't end

Discus and support BSOD fun that doesn't end in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I just built a new gaming pc, installed a fresh copy of windows that I installed from their website (windows media creation tool), and got the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by arcticx7, Oct 3, 2017.

1. arcticx7 Win User

BSOD fun that doesn't end

Hello,
    I just built a new gaming pc, installed a fresh copy of windows that I installed from their website (windows media creation tool), and got the first BSOD while the windows installation was finishing. When i got all set up and done with my windows installing i got another blue screen (new stop codes almost every time). I updated my drivers and that didn't seem to help (maybe i didn't update all of them, installed a faulty driver, didn't properly update my motherboard bios etc., i don't know..).
    I unplugged all the unnecessary devices from my PC aka mouse, keyboard and the PC still crashed after a while. So i decided to check for damaged/missing system files in cmd with command sfc /scannow and it didn't find anything, checked my memory with memtest86 (let it go 10 passes) and windows memory diagnostic, checked my ssd and hard drive with HDTune and CrystalDiskInfo and health is all fine, 0 damaged blocks, SMART is all good.. i ran driver verifier on all processes that were not from microsoft and didn't get a blue screen.
    PC specs:
    Motherboard: MSI B250M PRO VDH LGA1151
    Processor: INTEL Pentium G4560, 3.50GHz, 3MB, HyperThreading, LGA1151, Kaby Lake
    Memory: 8GB DDR4 2133MHz PC17000
    SSD: 120gb sata3 ssd
    Hard Drive: 1TB, 7200rpm, SATA3
    Graphics: nVidia GeForce GTX1050Ti 4GB GDDR5
    PSU: LC POWER LC6350, 350W

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance *Smile

:)

arcticx7, Oct 3, 2017

2. Windows 10 Update and POWER_DRIVER_STATE_FAILURE

Hi,

My windows 10 has to update but it always takes way too long and in the end it doesn't even end up updating and returns my PC to the way it was at the start. Anybody knows what I should do to make sure my PC updates?

Secondly often my PC will have the BSOD with the code POWER_DRIVER_STATE_FAILURE I know to fix it you have to go into safe mode and go to device manager and uninstall the drivers that have
    a yellow triangle beside themStill of the drivers will not uninstall and even if they do I still get the BSOD. Any ideas?

Aayush_967, Oct 3, 2017
  3. Spotlight option is missing and "managed by my organization"

I tried it and it doesn't work.

And still the option to fun facts and all is grey.

MarieleHochmüller, Oct 3, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi arcticx7,

Same user from a different forum here.

Switch your PSU with a proper one, if it doesn't help then your motherboard is likely the cause.

axe0, Oct 3, 2017
  5. arcticx7 Win User
    How can I be sure though? I don't wanna buy another psu and motherboard just to see that something else is the issue.. (new psu and motherboard would cost me one third of the entire pc cost)

arcticx7, Oct 3, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    All that's left is the PSU, motherboard and CPU. CPU is unlikely at the moment.

You said you can swap the PSU with another pc so that saves you money and time.

axe0, Oct 3, 2017
  7. arcticx7 Win User
    You think it's not a software issue? Most of the time blue screens are a software issue right? Drivers? Maybe a microsoft driver/process is causing this..

arcticx7, Oct 3, 2017
  8. arcticx7 Win User

If it's a psu issue, wouldn't the system crash when I ran memtest86 for 9 hours straight?

arcticx7, Oct 3, 2017
  9. axe0 New Member
    Windows vanille installation crashes so it's not a software problem.

No, memtest86 doesn't require much and as I mentioned on the other forum hardware can be specific and random.

axe0, Oct 4, 2017
  10. axe0 New Member
    A tip, don't create any more threads on different forums. You will mainly be asked to go through the same things you've already done over and over again, that is, if you're lucky to have another BSOD Analyst helping.

11. arcticx7 Win User
    Thanks for all the help axe, I will run hdtune again just to be sure, and then swap the cpu.

arcticx7, Oct 4, 2017
  12. axe0 New Member
    Has the PSU been swapped and system crashed?

13. BSOD fun that doesn't end

350W running all that hardware must be a strain. Probs best to double that.

kingtez1984, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD fun that doesn't end - Similar Threads - BSOD fun doesn't

2. This is going to be fun

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    This is going to be fun: Ok where to start.... Well it all started when I updated my graphics card driver. Upon rebooting I went through infamous flickering screen. No biggie, that's a fairly easy fix. After backed the PC up to a previous date, then ungodly annoying spinning dots of death. After...
  3. This is going to be fun

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This is going to be fun: Ok where to start.... Well it all started when I updated my graphics card driver. Upon rebooting I went through infamous flickering screen. No biggie, that's a fairly easy fix. After backed the PC up to a previous date, then ungodly annoying spinning dots of death. After...
  4. This is going to be fun

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. House of Fun

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    House of Fun: why does House of Fun keep spinning and I get charged and wont stop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/house-of-fun/bd2a659d-3b73-4fac-b3f8-9dd729e5a4b7
  6. Never ending BSoDs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Never ending BSoDs: Hi guys, so yesterday morning I went to work on my Surface Pro 3 and I found it dead. No big deal, this happens a lot so I plugged it back in and let it charge up and turn on. When I turned it back on it started to update. I believe the update finished because my lock screen...
  7. Fun Facts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fun Facts: I'm trying to get my fun facts button back to my log on screen. When I go to Settings/Personalization/Lock Screen, I see the button that turns this feature on and off but I can get it to stay on. No matter what background setting I set it to, when I leave the Lock Screen...
  8. FUN ICONS ARE THE FUTURE!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FUN ICONS ARE THE FUTURE!: Can you please make better icon options for windows rather then the default ones they come with. Having great icons helps a lot, it makes making folders fun, it makes me ( the user ) want to make folders and containers. You have got to make people want to make folders and...
  9. Fun with Cortana

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fun with Cortana: Here's a short vid of Cortana in action on Build 9926, albeit in 'Her' limited capacity! Mostly the standard funny stuff cuz 'she' sucks at performing the real tasks as of yet! Enjoy. Fun with Cortana - 000's library 3898
  10. BSODs: Page Fault, Kernel Security, and other fun stuff...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs: Page Fault, Kernel Security, and other fun stuff...: Hello all, So, as I mentioned in title, I recently started getting BSODs with a few different errors very, very frequently and I can't figure out what's causing them, but I'm almost positive it's hardware-related now. I've done two clean installs of Windows, cleared CMOS...