Windows 10: BSOD - Gaming PC is getting old

Discus and support BSOD - Gaming PC is getting old in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I built this PC over five years ago mainly to game on. It recently has been crashing a lot with the BSOD. It really ramped up when I started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tbone3969, Feb 14, 2020.

1. tbone3969 Win User

BSOD - Gaming PC is getting old

Hello, I built this PC over five years ago mainly to game on. It recently has been crashing a lot with the BSOD. It really ramped up when I started playing Dark Souls III. I want to beat that game but I hate this BSOD crashes. I hope it is not time to get a new PC as I can't afford one right now. Can my PC be fixed our upgraded? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Here is the crash log report:

Dropbox - DESKTOP-U27RML8-(2020-02-13_21-42-37) - Simplify your life

:)

tbone3969, Feb 14, 2020

2. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Feb 14, 2020
  3. How to play old pc games on windows 10

hi i am just wondering how i can play old pc games on my windows 10 gaming pc, it's games like resident evil 1 1996 version and so on!, i have a steam account and i can get certain old games on it but not all!, so is there any suggestions where i can get
    alot of old games like resident evil to run on my windows 10 gaming pc?

Teknosfinest, Feb 14, 2020
  4. BSOD - Gaming PC is getting old

BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

BSOD - Gaming PC is getting old

1. BSOD - Gaming PC is getting old - Similar Threads - BSOD Gaming getting

2. I'm getting BSOD on old and new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm getting BSOD on old and new PC: Hi, im having Problems with sudden shut-Downs of my PC, most of the time while watching videos. I've had the Problem on my old PC and now I'm having it on my new one as well, which made me think it could be caused by a peripheral device: e.g. I'm using a Focusrite Scarlett...
  3. I'm getting BSOD on old and new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm getting BSOD on old and new PC: Hi, im having Problems with sudden shut-Downs of my PC, most of the time while watching videos. I've had the Problem on my old PC and now I'm having it on my new one as well, which made me think it could be caused by a peripheral device: e.g. I'm using a Focusrite Scarlett...
  4. A month old pc and games are crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A month old pc and games are crashing: I've only had this issue for like 1-2 weeks and I'm not quite sure the reason behind it.It can be pretty severe sometimes like when I play days gone and valheim on steam it crashes 0-10 minutes after loading up but it can also be an occasional crash every few hours on...
  5. A month old pc and games are crashing

A month old pc and games are crashing: I've only had this issue for like 1-2 weeks and I'm not quite sure the reason behind it.It can be pretty severe sometimes like when I play days gone and valheim on steam it crashes 0-10 minutes after loading up but it can also be an occasional crash every few hours on...
  6. Install old PC games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install old PC games: Hi there, I just wanna to install old PC games on Win10 OS. But CD plater does not run, setting was display CD icon and drivers were going well. CD player light on and run but no signal few seconds turn off and eject. Start doesn't work, setup too. I tried on property and...
  7. BSOD out of the blue is getting old ...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD out of the blue is getting old ...: First things first, the affected machine is a Dell Optiplex 3010 Win 7 Pro upgraded to Win 10 Pro. I did not install any of the recommended tools as the files were in the minidump folder. If I need to do anything different, I will do so. Here is the .zip file of the last 5...
  8. Old pc games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old pc games: Hello, I wanted to know if it is possible to play and older pc game I loved in the past. The game is Medal of Honor and I believe it is a windows xp game. I am currently running windows 10 and it won't install on my pc. Is it possible or is my old game now a coaster?? Thx for...
  9. old pc games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    old pc games: cant get links 2001 to install https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-pc-games/30209469-0235-4fc8-9871-0008c098e06b
  10. Best free games for old PC

Best free games for old PC: Hi. I have an old pc with an Intel Core 2 Duo 1.83GHz, 3GB RAM and Intel GMA 950 graphics; and a laptop with Intel Atom Z3736F, 2GB RAM and Intel HD 400 I have a problem with Steam games on my PC (textures arn't loading) so I can't use it. I need free games that will run on...