Windows 10: BSOD, getting only while installing games included in game passon PC

Discus and support BSOD, getting only while installing games included in game passon PC in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I had subscribed to Xbox game pass ultimate. I had installed two games, Riptide gp renegade and and hyperdot. Everything was fine. When I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ShashwatKumar, May 13, 2020.

1. BSOD, getting only while installing games included in game passon PC

I had subscribed to Xbox game pass ultimate. I had installed two games, Riptide gp renegade and and hyperdot. Everything was fine. When I tried to install minecraft dungeons this BSOD thing started. This was the first time. After that, I have not been able to install any game INCLUDED WITH XBOX GAME PASS. But installing any other app or game is not a problem at all. Everything is fine with the other apps. The problem is only with the games included with the game pass.

Stopcode of the BSOD: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED.

dmp file of the latest incidentfrom minidump: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnTtVdf24kxdoXzF-INfgRG0J2T7?e=YubcYp

system info: https://1drv.ms/t/s!AnTtVdf24kxdoX1r0DuCVvZB4NCc?e=gNDmtq

*** i deleted my user account on this computer and made a new one, signed into my microsoft account. Even then, surprisingly i could install the two gamesthat riptide and hyperdot normally! But other games can still not be installed. A few seconds after pressing the install button, I get the BSOD

i have tried the following things:

sfc -verifyonly ######no problems

wsreset ###### done this a number of times

also tried a set of three commands which probably reinstall the store app. Got that from a forum on microsoft's site.

Hope someone gets a solution.

Thank you.

:)

ShashwatKumar, May 13, 2020

2. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, May 13, 2020
  3. pc gaming HELLO

Hi Robert,

To help you with your concern, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• Sign out your account from the game.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps by clicking this
      link
    • Sign in your account and check it.

If the steps above do not work, we recommend getting in touch with the game developer to get the missing item you’ve purchased. Click this
    link to contact the game developer.

Keep us posted.

Wilfred Mac, May 13, 2020
  4. BSOD, getting only while installing games included in game passon PC

BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 13, 2020
Thema:

BSOD, getting only while installing games included in game passon PC

1. BSOD, getting only while installing games included in game passon PC - Similar Threads - BSOD getting while

2. Getting BSOD only on certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting BSOD only on certain games: So I am getting BSOD only when I am playing certain games. The two ive noticed are FIFA 23 and Battlefield 5. I have played RDR2, Facry, GTA and have had no issues. My CPU and GPU temps are 70-80cs when playing these games. Getting BSOD DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER and...
  3. Getting BSOD only on certain games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting BSOD only on certain games: So I am getting BSOD only when I am playing certain games. The two ive noticed are FIFA 23 and Battlefield 5. I have played RDR2, Facry, GTA and have had no issues. My CPU and GPU temps are 70-80cs when playing these games. Getting BSOD DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER and...
  4. BSOD only while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD only while gaming: Hi, I know there have been a lot of these questions asked before, but I'm completely at a loss on what to do so I'm hoping somebody more knowledgeable on these things could help. Recently, I booted up my old PC at my parents house because I'll be staying here for a few weeks....
  5. BSOD only while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD only while gaming: Hi, I know there have been a lot of these questions asked before, but I'm completely at a loss on what to do so I'm hoping somebody more knowledgeable on these things could help. Recently, I booted up my old PC at my parents house because I'll be staying here for a few weeks....
  6. BSOD only while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Getting BSOD while playing games

Getting BSOD while playing games: I've been trying to play games but after an hour or so my computer BSODs and I see either IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_ERROR. Most of the time I see it being caused by ntoskrnl.exe and I don't know...
  8. Getting BSOD while gaming

Getting BSOD while gaming: So today I finished building my PC, everything runs normal and temps are fine. However, when I start playing demanding games, after 5 or 6 minutes I get the BSOD, it happened twice today. I already tried to analyze the crash dump but I'm a bit lost. I would appreciate some...
  9. Getting BSODs while gaming

Getting BSODs while gaming: Hello, I started face BSOD while playing "Valorant", at first they were random crashes but they started becoming BSOD. They were only happening once a day but yesterday I faced multiple ones. This happened to me in the past with the game Overwatch, after reinstalling the GPU...
  10. Pc BSOD while gaming?

Pc BSOD while gaming?: Hi, I was playing Forza 4 today, I noticed some stuttering but it wasn't FPS stuttering if you know what I mean lol, I have checked temps, I did a MEMTEST86 out of curiosity for 10 passes the other night and everything went great, I just don't understand what the hell is...