Windows 10: BSOD/graphics card failure during gaming

Discus and support BSOD/graphics card failure during gaming in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I recently bought a custom laptop and have been getting a BSOD randomly when gaming. Its weird because the computer runs fine doing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by brandonpozorski, May 13, 2019.

1. BSOD/graphics card failure during gaming

Hello,

I recently bought a custom laptop and have been getting a BSOD randomly when gaming. Its weird because the computer runs fine doing everything else and it only happens randomly as in some times i can play for hours without issues and sometimes itll happen over and over again. I'll be playing and all of a sudden my screen goes black and i lose connection to my hdmi. Then after a few seconds I get the blue screen as seen in the image.

Not really sure what to do at this point as i've tried doing a clean install of windows and that did nothing along with always having my drivers updated and even tried deleting and reinstalling them a few times.

Along with the BSOD image i have the dump file, msinfo and dxdiag reports.

BSOD files

BSOD/graphics card failure during gaming d5e93701-3b2d-4073-bd90-1489e57ba057?upload=true.jpg

:)

brandonpozorski, May 13, 2019
  2. AndreePin Win User

graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, May 13, 2019
  3. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 13, 2019
  4. BSOD/graphics card failure during gaming

Graphics card information.

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

The error might occur if the Graphic card is cannot update the driver automatically.

I suggest you to update the graphic card manually by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Display Driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and select
      update driver software.

Also, can download the latest version of the graphic card from the manufacturer website.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 13, 2019
Thema:

BSOD/graphics card failure during gaming

1. BSOD/graphics card failure during gaming - Similar Threads - BSOD graphics card

2. Will a graphics card improve gaming performance?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will a graphics card improve gaming performance?: So I have an Optiplex 990, intel i5 2500, and it's horrendously slow when I pull up ANY kind of game, the FPS goes to 3, or sometimes less than one frame per second. I don't think this is a problem with my desktop because its performance in normal use does not match up to...
  3. PC BSOD after computer froze during graphics card driver update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC BSOD after computer froze during graphics card driver update: So I have a Samsung Series 7 Chronos 770Z5E w/ a Intel Core i7 and AMD Radeon HD 8870M graphics card running on the latest version of Windows 10. Yesterday I was updating the graphics card driver via AMD Adrenalin and the installation of the driver froze at 91%, and my...
  4. Graphics card broken or error during installation?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphics card broken or error during installation?: Hello, Some time ago, I built a PC together with other parts. This one also works, but the graphics card is not registered by the system. In the bios is already switched to PCI-Express, but the existing VRAM is added to the onboard graphics memory. The graphics card is not...
  5. Got BSOD (TDR Failure nvlddmkm.sys) when using Nvidia graphic card for gaming

Got BSOD (TDR Failure nvlddmkm.sys) when using Nvidia graphic card for gaming: Hi. I often got BSOD (TDR Failure nvlddmkm.sys) when playing game. I playing PES19 and Bluestack. I got BSOD after about a minute when opening PES19 and several times when using Bluestack. I already sent my laptop for fan cleaning and they also check if i got graphic card...
  6. Graphics/Computer failure only during gaming

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphics/Computer failure only during gaming: So after not using my computer for a long while and it working fine. I came back and put it in a new case with the same components, but i've been getting LiveKernelEvent141 error. Will Post actual error below. It doesn't happen often when just browsing around the web and...
  7. BSOD during gaming

BSOD during gaming: Hi, so I have been experiencing blue screens during any form of intensive gaming e.g. Battlefield, Assassin's Creed Odyssey. I assumed it was a memory related issue, I have replaced the kit of RAM I was using to no success. I have since also replaced my motherboard as it was...
  8. Failure, or mismatch? nVidia graphics card problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Failure, or mismatch? nVidia graphics card problem: Your help, opinions appreciated. My Desktop is old, modest, but continues to give good service. For years it has run with a Gigabyte motherboard GA-H6M-S2PV (Rev 2.2) The graphics card was a nVidia GT210. I had this connected to a Dell 1708FP monitor. I bought a MSI GT710 in...
  9. Graphics Card Related BSOD

Graphics Card Related BSOD: Hello, For awhile now, I have been trying to find the cause of a number of BSOD errors I'm getting. This issue is definitely tied to my graphics card. I have an Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 card and also an Nvidea GeForce GT 650M card. The BSOD error messages I am...
  10. Random BSOD while gaming on GT555m old graphics card.

Random BSOD while gaming on GT555m old graphics card.: Hello, I get BSOD always while gaming and idk why. Anyone help me check? Below is my attachment, Im new to this forum and if missing anything tell me ya. TQ 100053