Windows 10: BSOD (GreenSOD?) - Crash while browsing or watching videos

Discus and support BSOD (GreenSOD?) - Crash while browsing or watching videos in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My issue doesn't really happen while playing games. It happened once while I was in a game. I simply spend more time not playing games, so imo it makes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by desph, Nov 19, 2015.

1. desph Win User

BSOD (GreenSOD?) - Crash while browsing or watching videos

My issue doesn't really happen while playing games. It happened once while I was in a game. I simply spend more time not playing games, so imo it makes sense that this crash happens while I'm not playing games. I don't know.

The primary display goes solid green and the secondary screen goes black. The audio - if playing - repeats the last few miliseconds of whatever was playing just before the screen changed.

e: I guess I should mention that this doesn't happen very frequently. Usually once every few days. The quickest it's been to repeat itself was when it happened two days in a row, but after that it didn't happen again until a few days later.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

:)

desph, Nov 19, 2015

2. Various BSODs - can't even use system restore

Hi

recently my computer is crashing regularly with various blue screen crash errors like:

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED NTFS.sys

RAM_MANAGEMENT

while I'm gaming, browsing the web, watching videos or ... (In fact I got one while writing this!) I tried to use system restore but I'll get BSOD in the middle of operation even in safe mode.

Here is my minidump files and msinfo export:

Minidump - OneDrive

msinfo.txt - OneDrive

Ali Arghavan, Nov 19, 2015
  3. ellupo Win User
    BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION win32k.exe on Windows 10

Hi all,

Running a HP AMD PC bought off the shelf in the UK in 2014.

Never previously had a single problem in over 2 years.

Recently updated to Windows 10 from Windows 8 and now had 2 system crashes in quick succession, the second resulting in the BSOD referred to in the thread title (the first caused an uncommanded system restart).

Both crashes occurred while watching video content - the first uncommanded restart while watching a DVD on Cyberlink PowerDVD 12, the second BSOD while watching a video on the BBC iPlayer website.

I've just run Windows Update and McAfee LiveSafe full scan and no updates or issues found.

I'm not an expert in PCs at all so kid gloves please! But I have located the dmp file from the BSOD.

All advice greatly appreciated - thanks in advance.

ellupo, Nov 19, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

You are required to remove every bypass/crack on your system BEFORE we proceed.
    Code: 127.0.0.1 lmlicenses.wip4.adobe.com 127.0.0.1 lm.licenses.adobe.com 127.0.0.1 na1r.services.adobe.com 127.0.0.1 hlrcv.stage.adobe.com 127.0.0.1 practivate.adobe.com 127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com[/quote] A counterfeit installation contains heavily modified code which causes the system to behave in unexpected ways.
    For this reason, analyzing systems with counterfeit software is unreliable and most analysts won't try it.
    If we would help, it would be a waste of time for both you and us with counterfeit software/system.

Forum rules

5. desph Win User
    A counterfeit installation contains heavily modified code which causes the system to behave in unexpected ways.
    For this reason, analyzing systems with counterfeit software is unreliable and most analysts won't try it.
    If we would help, it would be a waste of time for both you and us with counterfeit software/system.

Forum rules[/quote] I'll try to avoid discussion of piracy - I realize it's against the rules and I don't want to break them.

However, if a "counterfeit installation" was responsible, wouldn't there be some indication of that? Also, this issue existed long before I had any "counterfeit installation" so I'm almost positive it isn't to blame.

I'm not trying to argue, I'm just looking for some help. The crashes don't happen very frequently, so I was hoping to prevent another, not just wait for it to happen again.

desph, Nov 20, 2015
  6. derekimo Win User
    That's not the point, the point is we don't provide support when evidence of piracy is obvious.

It might not have anything to do with your problem but the fact remains that counterfeit software/installations are present and until they are corrected no support will be given.

There's no dump files in your upload anyway, so you need to check on that as well.

derekimo, Nov 20, 2015
  7. desph Win User
    Fair enough, you make the rules. I'll ask somewhere else.

desph, Nov 20, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

I wish you good luck with finding something, I haven't seen a forum where help is given when there is piracy on the system.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD (GreenSOD?) - Crash while browsing or watching videos - Similar Threads - BSOD GreenSOD Crash

2. BSOD while watching videos on Edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while watching videos on Edge: Since the beginning of August, my Dell laptop keeps experiencing Critical Process Error Blue Screens of Death intermittently but they occur only when I am watching Netflix or YouTube on Microsoft Edge. I have 4 minidump files on this link:...
  3. Crashing while watching youtube videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashing while watching youtube videos: I've had my Asus laptop Windows 10 for around a year, and I've never had this problem before. When I watch a video on YouTube after 5 minutes or so, the screen will freeze, and the laptop will make a buzzing noise before it gets crashed. Sometimes the rate changes like I was...
  4. Crashing while watching youtube videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crashing while watching youtube videos: I've had my Asus laptop Windows 10 for around a year, and I've never had this problem before. When I watch a video on YouTube after 5 minutes or so, the screen will freeze, and the laptop will make a buzzing noise before it gets crashed. Sometimes the rate changes like I was...
  5. Crashing while watching youtube videos

6. Computer BSOD, happens mostly while browsing or watching videos

Computer BSOD, happens mostly while browsing or watching videos: So, my computer is new, built within the last month. Last couple weeks, have been getting a few BSOD. Updated some drivers, but it keeps happening. Not sure what is going on. 61914
  7. BSOD while watching a youtube video

BSOD while watching a youtube video: Hello. System specs: CPU: I5-4690k RAM: Kingston Fury 2x4GB MOBO: Z97-D3H GPU:R9 280x PowerColor PSU: NZXT Hale v2 Browser: Google Chrome OS: Windows 10 x64 I was watching a youtube video with ~10 tabs open and I received a BSOD saying that I have kdcom.dll missing...
  8. BSOD while watching YouTube videos

BSOD while watching YouTube videos: I've gotten three BSODs in the past hour or so while watching fullscreen youtube videos. after the first 2 and some googling it seemed to point to my GPU drivers. I used the AMD uninstall tool to wipe them and then reinstalled the latest drivers. I got another BSOD about 10...
  9. BSOD while playing games, browsing internet, watching videos

BSOD while playing games, browsing internet, watching videos: Hello and thank you so much in advance for any help you can give me. For the past month or so I've been getting more and more BSODs with different error messages each time. They mainly occur when I'm playing games (Starcraft 2, Battlefield 1, Infinite Warfare), browsing the...
  10. BSOD While watching Youtube Videos

BSOD While watching Youtube Videos: Hey all. For the past few months, I have had BSODs while watching youtube videos. It has happened on both Chrome and Edge, so I don't believe its the browser. I also watch Twitch a lot, and it has never happened while watching that. I've attached the logs as the forum...