Windows 10: BSOD - Hal.dll+395cf & ntoskrnl.exe+25bfbd

Discus and support BSOD - Hal.dll+395cf & ntoskrnl.exe+25bfbd in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey guys, new to the forums here and at my wits end... just about lost a phone and a monitor tonight *Rolleyes I've had nothing but errors for a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ItsGoose, May 24, 2017.

1. ItsGoose Win User

BSOD - Hal.dll+395cf & ntoskrnl.exe+25bfbd

Hey guys, new to the forums here and at my wits end... just about lost a phone and a monitor tonight *Rolleyes

I've had nothing but errors for a few months now and its really really annoying me!

I just received a replacement motherboard from Asus but the issues are still happening.

System Info Here: http://www.filedropper.com/msinfo_1
    DxDiag Here: http://www.filedropper.com/dxdiag_6
    Dump File Here: http://www.filedropper.com/052417-4703-01

I always seem to get hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe to show up, about 3 hours ago I got netio.sys which I have never seen before.. since then I have reinstalled windows 10 and have nothing but chrome, bluescreen viewer and the current gtx 970 drivers installed.

I think obviously its boiled down to a hardware issue, ram? hdd? etc? All of my parts are fresh and just under a year... I would hope that they wouldnt fail but you never know I guess..

Any idea's on what I can do fella's? I'm thinking of running memtest86 over night to see what happens if anything at all.

Most of my resets generally happen when I'm playing WoW and have music playing on the other monitor, but sometimes it happens shortly after I boot up my computer. It's not really consistent..

I await your help and guidance

(I've attached the files if the website doesn't work for some reason)

:)

ItsGoose, May 24, 2017
  2. AngDean Win User

hal.dll+35f1f bsod error in Windows 10

OT- hal.dll+35f1f bsod

Hello,

There was a bsod just now, which is the first time I've experienced it - and should I be worrying about it?

This is what I got from BlueScreenView:

071816-24656-01.dmp

18/7/2016 8:23:23 PM

0x00000124

00000000`00000000

ffffe000`2db12028

00000000`b2000000

00000000`00100402

hal.dll

hal.dll+35f1f

x64

ntoskrnl.exe+142940

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\071816-24656-01.dmp

What caused this? Thanks!

AngDean, May 24, 2017
  3. EThe coli Win User
    BSOD errors without an identifiable cause

Okay I may or may not be onto something now. Since, from what I've read, it seems that most ntoskrnl.exe BSODs are not actually caused by ntoskrnl, but by another driver that takes up the krnl's space. When ntoskrnl.exe finds it, it throws the system into
    a BSOD to prevent damage. Looking the the dump files, I found that there was a driver called hal.dll, but the crash address was different from the driver address. The crash address was ntoskrnl.exe+14ec00, the same as my above post. There is also another driver
    called dxgmms2.sys who's crash address was ntoskrnl.exe+14ec00. I'm not sure if this will help or if it means anything but I'm looking for anything at this point.

EThe coli, May 24, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello Goose,

The error in the one dump file points to CPU hardware:
    Code: =============================================================================== Common Platform Error Record @ ffff9f8ebc8eb028 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Record Id : 01d2d519c36253b9 Severity : Fatal (1) Length : 928 Creator : Microsoft Notify Type : Machine Check Exception Timestamp : 5/25/2017 5:57:39 (UTC) Flags : 0x00000000 =============================================================================== Section 0 : Processor Generic ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Descriptor @ ffff9f8ebc8eb0a8 Section @ ffff9f8ebc8eb180 Offset : 344 Length : 192 Flags : 0x00000001 Primary Severity : Fatal Proc. Type : x86/x64 Instr. Set : x64 Error Type : Cache error Operation : Generic Flags : 0x00 Level : 1 CPU Version : 0x00000000000506e3 Processor ID : 0x0000000000000004 =============================================================================== Section 1 : x86/x64 Processor Specific ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Descriptor @ ffff9f8ebc8eb0f0 Section @ ffff9f8ebc8eb240 Offset : 536 Length : 128 Flags : 0x00000000 Severity : Fatal Local APIC Id : 0x0000000000000004 CPU Id : e3 06 05 00 00 08 10 04 - bf fb fa 7f ff fb eb bf 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 Proc. Info 0 @ ffff9f8ebc8eb240 =============================================================================== Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Descriptor @ ffff9f8ebc8eb138 Section @ ffff9f8ebc8eb2c0 Offset : 664 Length : 264 Flags : 0x00000000 Severity : Fatal Error : GCACHEL1_EVICT_ERR (Proc 2 Bank 3) Status : 0xba00000000200179[/quote]
    I have seen this error once before and it turned out to be a bad CPU even though all the hardware tests run on the CPU came back with no errors. There could be other reasons but for now I would suggest you see if you can test with another CPU. Refer to here for the previous case BSOD playing WOW, but occasionally doing just about anything

philc43, May 24, 2017
  5. ItsGoose Win User
    I have seen this error once before and it turned out to be a bad CPU even though all the hardware tests run on the CPU came back with no errors. There could be other reasons but for now I would suggest you see if you can test with another CPU. Refer to here for the previous case BSOD playing WOW, but occasionally doing just about anything[/quote] I ran the IDPT test and it came back with passes just like the previous guy in that post. I just contacted intel and told them whats going on and he right away said "lets replace your processor".

It's nice to not be jerked around by a company for a month. I should have the new i5 in a day or two - I'll swap it out, run it and see how she goes.. I'll be sure to update from that point on to let you know what goes down!

He updated his processor and hasn't had a crash since then. So heres to hoping!

ItsGoose, May 24, 2017
  6. ItsGoose Win User
    double post - lets get this puppy fixed! *Biggrin

ItsGoose, May 24, 2017
  7. ItsGoose Win User
    Attachment 136678Attachment 136679Just got two more BSOD's while trying to install the bnet application on my PC...

One of them shows "win32kfull.sys" as the cause of the error.. other ones the same as before hal.dll

What would my computer have to severely malfunction to cause a win32 bsod is my question though...

So frustrating.. can't do anything on this pc now *Sad

ItsGoose, May 24, 2017
  8. philc43 Win User

The above would be consistent with CPU cache errors. Sometimes the windows kernel process just gets blamed because it's running when the error occurs.

philc43, May 24, 2017
  9. ItsGoose Win User
    So what you're saying is still go through with the CPU replacement is what im pickin up!

My "techy" friend is in disbelief that it the cpu, hes urging me to replace my evo 850 ssd... says samsung are bad and the culprit.... just to appease him im installing fresh on a kingston hyperx fury right now.

"intel chips either work or dont work" is all he keeps yelling into my ears, lol.

thanks again phil.

ItsGoose, May 25, 2017
  10. zbook New Member
    Place your computer in clean boot to decrease or eliminate bsod:

How to perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...oot-in-windows

Clean boot turns off all non-Microsoft applications on boot. All items in task manager are off on boot. It makes boots faster. When any application is needed after boot it will then load. If you have any more bsod please post the minidump files. If you must have an application on boot you can modify clean boot into a nearly clean boot but the goal is to turn off any drivers that could potentially contribute to any bsod.

The minidump analysis so far are indicating cpu problems but the Intel processor diagnostic tool kit has passed. Are you doing any overclocking? Have you run prime? GIMPS - Free Prime95 software downloads - PrimeNet While I don't want to push your luck if you no longer have any bsod while in clean boot you could consider using it to better determine or differentiate driver from hardware.

zbook, May 25, 2017
  11. ItsGoose Win User
    So far a fresh reinstall on a different ssd (120gb kingston hyperx fury) seems stable.

I just played over an hour of my game, before I couldn't even install the game without a crash.

I dont overclock anything, the most recent tests ive run on the samsung evo 850 was just a memory test on again a fresh install with just what comes with windows installed.. it didnt show anything and the IDPT tool from Intel also showed all passes (which could be a false positive)

Intel is sending me a brand new i5-6600k in the mail, should be here in a day or two.. gonna swap that out when I get a chance and plug my samsung ssd back in and see what happens!

I'm seriously hoping for a BSOD tonight, praying for one even.

ItsGoose, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD - Hal.dll+395cf & ntoskrnl.exe+25bfbd - Similar Threads - BSOD Hal dll+395cf

2. ntoskrnl bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ntoskrnl bsod: My pc has been bsod-ing for 2-3 years now and i recently decided to try and fix it. I use bluescreen view and always see that the bsods are always caused by ntoskrnl.exe. heres all of the stuff ive to try and fix it.Used 1 8gb ram stick at a timeused different ram slotsused...
  3. ntoskrnl BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ntoskrnl BSOD: Hello, I have quite a persistent problem here.I often get BSOD or straight out system restarts the latter don't have any trace in minidump. In the past few days, they were too recurrent and got to a point where I had to reinstall Windows because my laptop actually got slowed...
  4. ntoskrnl BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ntoskrnl BSOD: Hello, I have quite a persistent problem here.I often get BSOD or straight out system restarts the latter don't have any trace in minidump. In the past few days, they were too recurrent and got to a point where I had to reinstall Windows because my laptop actually got slowed...
  5. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: KUKutter_UKFirstly, I would like to say that I am posting this again because after having an instant reply from an 'Andrew', and posting my dmp files as requested on July 24th I haven't heard anything back since! I have responded a couple of times but nothing is happening to...
  6. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: Hi there, My new machine around 8 months old now runs perfectly most of the time. Uptime 3 - 6 weeks at a time. NO issues at all - I am a heavy PC user: Gaming, Audio Work and some 3D modelling, so my machine goes through its paces.Every now and then on boot, I get the error...
  7. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  8. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...
  9. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (hal.dll+395cf / ntoskrnl.exe+25bfbd)

BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (hal.dll+395cf / ntoskrnl.exe+25bfbd): BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (hal.dll+395cf / ntoskrnl.exe+25bfbd) Bug Check Code: 0x00000124 Hello, I started getting these BSOD's after updating my Windows 10 after 2 months of no usage at all.Windows downloaded and installed a lot of updates, maybe it is unrelated...
  10. Bsod ntoskrnl

Bsod ntoskrnl: Hi guys, Any help would be massively appreciated. My computer is BSOD at least two times a day. As far as I can tell, all drivers are up to date including Nvidia. Could somebody take a look at the attached and let me know if you find anything? I've ran a system check...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hal.dll 395cf and ntoskrnl.exe 25bfbd