Windows 10: Bsod/hangs/crashes, win7+win10, new build

Discus and support Bsod/hangs/crashes, win7+win10, new build in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello Tenforums, yesterday I finished building this PC on all new hardware aside from my videocard and PSU. Since then I’ve had a wide range of issues.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Niirai, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Niirai Win User

Bsod/hangs/crashes, win7+win10, new build

Hello Tenforums, yesterday I finished building this PC on all new hardware aside from my videocard and PSU. Since then I’ve had a wide range of issues.

I initially started on a Windows 7 installation where I was experiencing a wide range on issues. Freezes seemed to occur every 15-30 minutes or so and didn’t seem to be caused by specific actions. The freeze lasted around 30-40 seconds. During the freezes sometimes internet seemed to be struggling in differing programs (I'm using a Comfast wifi adapter). Steam would keep on downloading (or not), spotify would keep on playing (or not) and chrome might load tabs (or not). Explorer interaction varied just as much depending on the freeze, sometimes I could open start menu and launch notepad/calculator during the freeze and I could drag around the windows. And sometimes everything locked up. One thing was always the same though, during the freeze my actions were registered. As soon as the freeze stopped it did all the commands that I was trying during the freeze.

After a while I started to play games and encountered repeated BSOD's when playing GRID 2 but everything worked fine when playing Darksiders.

During that installation I installed the AMD chipset drivers, Nvidia drivers and realtek drivers for the internet adapter. I ran memtest, Seagate long generic, 2 smart scans and driver verifier without issues. I’m also being helped at TechSupportForums and they recommended I switch over to Windows 10 because my CPU isn’t officially supported by Windows 7.

And that’s why I’m here. Issues have escalated since I switched over and I can’t use my PC anymore because the freezes have turned into crashes where my only possibility is to reboot. Often these crashes are not accompanied by BSOD’s which is quite unfortunate.

I hope you can help me TenForums and thanks in advance.

:)

Niirai, Feb 2, 2018

2. Video playback freezes Windows 10

Almost all video on IE and Edge hangs crashes browser. All drivers up to date. I am a IT Pro Latest Insider build Win10.

Oguz Mazlum, Feb 2, 2018
  3. BSOD critical process died

Joythar K thanks for replying...it would have been easy if the issue were plug ins...it was Win10...on day two or three endless sys reboot and BSOD I got the option to restore a previous
    build and I TOOK IT...back to Win7...smooth

sailing. Win10 is no 10.

Regards,

Stephanie

StephanieQuick, Feb 2, 2018
  4. philc43 Win User

How have you switched over to Windows 10? There appears to be software installed to avoid activation of Windows. Please note you will not obtain help if we suspect the OS has been tampered with.

Was it a clean installation?

A legal clean installation is the only route I would recommend.

philc43, Feb 2, 2018
Thema:

1. Bsod/hangs/crashes, win7+win10, new build - Similar Threads - Bsod hangs crashes

2. BSOD during Win10 Install on new build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD during Win10 Install on new build: Hey there, I finished my new PC and am trying to use the media creation tool to install windows 10, however during the installation process usually early on after copying files I get a BSOD and my system restarts. I can get into the Bios and all my components are shown there....
  3. BSOD during Win10 Install on new build

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD during Win10 Install on new build: Hey there, I finished my new PC and am trying to use the media creation tool to install windows 10, however during the installation process usually early on after copying files I get a BSOD and my system restarts. I can get into the Bios and all my components are shown there....
  4. BSOD during Win10 Install on new build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Win7 on Win10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win7 on Win10?: Hey, When i boot up my windows 10 machine i get a classic windows 7 start up menu i believe it is when i made a win7 bootable but now i have this permanently. i went so far as to reset my pc nothing works. Please help! Link to video of what happens:...
  6. Win7 to Win10 on new hardware and a lost Win10 key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win7 to Win10 on new hardware and a lost Win10 key: Hey folks. Sorry if this has been answered before but I've been scrounging around online on and off for the last week and not found the answer to my specific question so here goes: I have a retail license for Windows 7 Home Premium which was installed on a old PC where I...
  7. Upgrade from Win7 to Win10 hangs in SAFE_OS BOOT

Upgrade from Win7 to Win10 hangs in SAFE_OS BOOT: Hi, I am despairing with trying to upgrade a Fujitsu Amilo Xi 3650 laptop of friends of mine from Windows 7 SP 1 64bit to Windows 10 64 bit, German language. Admitted, the laptop is old hardware but checking the Win 10 prerequisites, nothing obvious should prevent Win10 from...
  8. Transfering old emails from Outlook 07, Win7 to new win10 build

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Transfering old emails from Outlook 07, Win7 to new win10 build: My current build is Windows 10 and have installed MS Outlook 2016 Pro Plus. I have a backup copy of my Outlook 2007 PST file from my previous computer that had Windows 7 Home. In fact, I have my old hard drive with all my MS Office 2007 files on it. My old emails, up to...
  9. Transfer Upgraded Win10 (From win7) license to a new build?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Upgraded Win10 (From win7) license to a new build?: I built my last computer in 2012 using Win7. I upgraded to Win10 when it became available. I'm now going to build a new machine with only a few parts from the current one. The old machine will be decommissioned, and it's SSD will become a data drive for the new machine which...
  10. Upgrade Win7 to Win10 Before or After Migration to New System Build

Upgrade Win7 to Win10 Before or After Migration to New System Build: I have a system with an i7-3930k and Win7 retail license. I will be building a new i7-6700k system and will be reusing the SSD, HDD, graphics card and my Windows license. I ultimately want the new system to be Win10. Should I do the OS upgrade first, or build the new...