Windows 10: BSOD: Happened when logging out and shutting down Windows.

Discus and support BSOD: Happened when logging out and shutting down Windows. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was logging my computer off this morning and then I shut it down. When I clicked shut down, it had a blue screen of death message. I don't know if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jesse Williams, Mar 13, 2019.

1. BSOD: Happened when logging out and shutting down Windows.

I was logging my computer off this morning and then I shut it down. When I clicked shut down, it had a blue screen of death message. I don't know if this had to do with the latest update or not. Is there a way for me to analyze the dump file to see what happens with future BSOD's?

HP Pavilion 550-153w Desktop PC with Windows 10 factory installed.

I have attached the dump log in this thread below.

DESKTOP-LNOPFSH-Wed_03_13_2019_101351_63.zip

:)

Jesse Williams, Mar 13, 2019
  2. itsakjt Win User

Occasional BSOD while shut down (Windows 10)

Hi everyone,

I am having a little but concerning problem. Occasionally while shutting down the system after some time of use, I get a BSOD. The error is REFERENCE_BY_POINTER. The BSOD happens after I press shut down from the start menu and it goes to the "Shutting down" screen with the revolving dots. Nothing has been overclocked. The problem has happened 4 times in the last 15 days. Most of the time, shut down happens normally. The system is otherwise stable in everything (5 hrs gaming, running continuously for days, work, movies, music etc).
    The only issue that happened related to the BSOD is that last month, the screen froze for a few seconds while I was browsing the web, monitor went to standby and then came back with the message "Display driver stopped responding and successfully recovered". This happened twice on September and both the times it happened, the BSOD was thrown while system was shutting down on that session in which the display driver issue happened. I am not sure about the other two times.
    I have always disabled fast startup. System is physically clean, temperatures are all normal and so are the voltages. System specs as on profile.
    Any help is appreciated. *Smile BSOD: Happened when logging out and shutting down Windows. :)

itsakjt, Mar 13, 2019
  3. itsakjt Win User
    Occasional BSOD while shut down (Windows 10)

Hi everyone, sorry for being late. Was busy with too much work. So I analyzed the error logs but could not find anything. On an other note, there's a new issue. The screen would freeze for sometime and then monitor would go to sleep. After a few seconds, it would come back with the notification "Default Radeon WattMan settings have been restored" Note that the GPU is not overclocked. This also happened a few times during shut down where it would stay at the "Shutting down" screen and then freeze there and stay like that until I press the reset button. After that, it boots fine and I get the "Default Radeon WattMan settings have been restored" message once I get to the desktop.
    I believe it all points out to the GPU. Any suggestions from you all?

itsakjt, Mar 13, 2019
  4. BSOD: Happened when logging out and shutting down Windows.

Flickering screen at startup, crashes, and BSOD after instaling new GPU

Here are some that are close to the BSOD crash time but i dont think they have to do anything with the BSOD.

nootshack1312, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

BSOD: Happened when logging out and shutting down Windows.

1. BSOD: Happened when logging out and shutting down Windows. - Similar Threads - BSOD Happened logging

2. Logged out of everything after shutting down the system

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Logged out of everything after shutting down the system: Everytime i shut down my computer everything that uses passwords/accounts is logged out of it. Ive lost an email account because of this and idk what is going on. Ive had this for the past week, im a windows 10 user and never had this problem before. Ive tried looking for...
  3. Logged out of everything after shutting down the system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logged out of everything after shutting down the system: Everytime i shut down my computer everything that uses passwords/accounts is logged out of it. Ive lost an email account because of this and idk what is going on. Ive had this for the past week, im a windows 10 user and never had this problem before. Ive tried looking for...
  4. Windows 11 very odd BSOD happening only when Shutting Down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 very odd BSOD happening only when Shutting Down: Dear friends,I've been struggling for months with this issue: when I try to shut down my windows 11 computer a BSOD faces up!I have tried to analyze my dump files using windbg, but the only info that I get is the process name of the task that causes the error: it is...
  5. Windows 11 very odd BSOD happening only when Shutting Down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 very odd BSOD happening only when Shutting Down: Dear friends,I've been struggling for months with this issue: when I try to shut down my windows 11 computer a BSOD faces up!I have tried to analyze my dump files using windbg, but the only info that I get is the process name of the task that causes the error: it is...
  6. BSOD when shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when shutting down: Dear friends,I've been struggling for months with this issue: when I try to shut down my windows 11 computer a BSOD faces up!I have tried to analyze my dump file using windbg, but the only info that I get is the process name of the task that causes the error: it is...
  7. BSOD when shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when shutting down: Dear friends,I've been struggling for months with this issue: when I try to shut down my windows 11 computer a BSOD faces up!I have tried to analyze my dump file using windbg, but the only info that I get is the process name of the task that causes the error: it is...
  8. BSOD when shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when shutting down: No idea why this is happening, but whenever i try to shut down my computer after using it, it does not shutdown, instead, it stays on, screen goes dark, then restarts itself. It creates a dump file so im pretty sure its a bsod, i have all drivers update so there is no reason...
  9. BSOD - Windows needs to restart: only when restarting, shutting down or logging in

BSOD - Windows needs to restart: only when restarting, shutting down or logging in: Hi, I'm struggling with a problem I've been unable to resolve through any means I've tried so far, hopefully someone can help. I'm running windows 10 on my Surface Book (about 1.5 years old). It's the upgraded more expensive model with dedicated graphics card in the...
  10. Logging Out and Shutting Down with Error(s)

Logging Out and Shutting Down with Error(s): Each time I log out of my computer to shut it down, an error pops up and the computer chimes letting me know about the error. I have saved the Error Logs as text files that I am uploading to this thread. I hope someone can help me get this issue fixed. Thanks in advance!...