Windows 10: BSOD - Hardware Issue? new Memory or new Hard Drive?

Discus and support BSOD - Hardware Issue? new Memory or new Hard Drive? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hoping to get some help troubleshooting a BSOD/Shutdown that just occurred. I added two sticks of RAM about 10 days ago to my XPS 8700 and had no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by M. Am, Feb 20, 2020.

1. M. Am Win User

BSOD - Hardware Issue? new Memory or new Hard Drive?

Hoping to get some help troubleshooting a BSOD/Shutdown that just occurred. I added two sticks of RAM about 10 days ago to my XPS 8700 and had no problems at all afterward. So yesterday I added a third hard drive and all seemed ok. I was in the process of copying up a folder with photos in the background while I was doing work when I had a BSOD for the first time.

I'm wondering if the cause was the new memory sticks or the new hard drive or both.

I have copied the info below and I also included a link below to a shared folder with my dump data, system info and a screenshot of the errors. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 Problem signature

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

Code: 34

Parameter 1: 51359

Parameter 2: ffff8d81d0c759f8

Parameter 3: ffff8d81d0c75240

Parameter 4: fffff804582c35f0

OS version: 10_0_18362

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 768_1

OS Version: 10.0.18362.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: MEMORY_CORRUPTION_ONE_BIT

2 Description

A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
    Code: 1a1
    Parameter 1: ffff8107c19c7440
    Parameter 2: 0
    Parameter 3: 0
    Parameter 4: 0
    OS version: 10_0_18362
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 768_1

Bucket ID: LKD_0x1A1_WIN32K_CALLOUT_WATCHDOG_win32kbase!UserPowerInfoCallout

Description

Faulting Application Path: C:\ProgramData\Logishrd\LogiOptions\Software\Current\LogiOptionsMgr.exe

3 Problem signature

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: LogiOptionsMgr.exe

Application Version: 7.12.43.0

Application Timestamp: 5c7b2789

Fault Module Name: LogiOptionsMgr.exe

Fault Module Version: 7.12.43.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 5c7b2789

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 000000000007ea43

Additional Information 1: 9e0c

Additional Information 2: 9e0c448ccc60a789b4596067e565465f

Additional Information 3: d0aa

Additional Information 4: d0aa2a9202445a8aef107a1648cb02b5

Bucket ID: c7472af9ce5e568dae7861e5be5421a0 2195612457711706528

Link to shared folder with dump data:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai4Ey8jmhE_Pwm0-YyEW_sskpUgb?e=5uHZrx

:)

M. Am, Feb 20, 2020

2. Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Feb 20, 2020
  3. Hard drive...or RAM? Help! (BSOD)

Good suggestion. Will keep that in mind as well. Still wondering if it is the hard drive though because when trying to do a new install of windows again, for whatever reason an error came up stating it couldn't write a certain part of it. :O

satindemon4u, Feb 20, 2020
  4. BSOD - Hardware Issue? new Memory or new Hard Drive?

little cat, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

BSOD - Hardware Issue? new Memory or new Hard Drive?

1. BSOD - Hardware Issue? new Memory or new Hard Drive? - Similar Threads - BSOD Hardware Issue

2. New hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New hard drive: My old hard drive in my Acer laptop was stuck in a desktop refresh loop. I took a hard drive from a dell desktop and installed it into my Acer laptop. It boots fine, but none of the drivers work. I can't update them or reinstall them to get them to work. I can't connect to...
  3. new hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    new hard drive: I have just installed a new hard drive as the old one was running slow i transferred everything over but it would not move the windows part so cannot start up pc without the old hard drive...
  4. new hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    new hard drive: I have just installed a new hard drive as the old one was running slow i transferred everything over but it would not move the windows part so cannot start up pc without the old hard drive...
  5. New Hard Drive BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Hard Drive BSOD: Hey guys, I purchased a new hard drive about two months ago but I've been receiving problems ever since. While I'm using the hard drive it randomly displays a BSOD with various errors and then reboots. Upon switching on I receive a "Hard drive not installed" message which...
  6. Moving hard drive to new upgraded hardware???

Moving hard drive to new upgraded hardware???: I am helping my friend, who’s motherboard has died. What do I have to do to move his hard drive w/ Windows 10 Pro 1909 v18363.815, to a new motherboard & processer? The core is from: Intel i5 4690 to i7 9700 Can I use his current installed windows in new hardware???...
  7. Hardware change new hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hardware change new hard drive: The laptop HP pavilion bought in 2017 I have as my device had a complete hard drive failure last night - the BIOS can't find any drive. I plan on replacing the drive, but will my Windows 10 need to be purchased again? Will I need a copy on a disc since I won't be able to...
  8. New hardware issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New hardware issue: So I just updated my motherboard and CPU and I made sure I purchased the correct version so that I would be able to change hardware at a later date when I first did this build. I even confirmed it with some research. However I just swapped out those two pieces of hardware and...
  9. New Hard Drive

New Hard Drive: I am looking to replace my current hard drive with a better one, and I am unsure on where to go/what to do on going about to install Windows 10 (Pro, to be exact.) back onto my PC with the new hard drive. Where would I go to download an installer and what would I do? I have a...
  10. new hardware issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    new hardware issue: Just bought a new Windows Sculpt mouse and going thru the settings, it doesn't say how to set up a left scrolling action. I want to be able to backspace a page by tilting the scroll wheel to the left. Any suggestions?...