Windows 10: BSOD Help - nvlddmkm.sys windows 10 system thread exception

Discus and support BSOD Help - nvlddmkm.sys windows 10 system thread exception in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, Please can you help me with a BSOD error on windows 10. I've attempted a few changes to solve it, including a recent clean windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Pbqu, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Pbqu Win User

BSOD Help - nvlddmkm.sys windows 10 system thread exception

Hi Everyone,

Please can you help me with a BSOD error on windows 10. I've attempted a few changes to solve it, including a recent clean windows 10 install, but i have not been able to solve it.

The system BSODs with the error nvlddmkm.sys system thread exception

here is a link to my mini dump, speccy and msinfo32 files after the latest crash

Thanks for your help

:)

Pbqu, Apr 3, 2019
  2. Eric Ber Win User

BSOD problem - System Thread exception not handled - netwtw04.sys

Hi,

Conflicts with the installed driver is one of the possible reasons why you are having an blue screen error code: System Thread exception not handled - netwtw04.sys. To assist you better regarding your blue screen issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you tried updating your network adapter driver? If not, you can follow the steps on this

link
      that was provided by JMH (MS-MVP) to update your driver.

Regards.

Eric Ber, Apr 3, 2019
  3. Creators update BSOD: system thread exception not handled (ndis.sys)

Hi Sascha,

Before we proceed on doing other troubleshooting steps, have you tried the steps suggested by
    "Marc Cai" in this thread? We also suggest that you try to
    use the Windows Update Troubleshooter and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Apr 3, 2019
  4. Kalianyia Win User

BSOD unhandled system thread exception (dxgmms2.sys)

Old main hard drive died. Got a new HDD. Required a new install of Windows 10 of course. No other hardware changes. Computer was perfectly fine before the complete flattening and reinstall of Windows 10 due to new HDD.

Ever since then, whenever I try to play games I often get a BSOD with the error message: unhandled_system_thread_exception (dxgmms2.sys)

It happens at random times. Sometimes I'm good for hours, but most often it happens within the first 1-20 minutes.

I tried updating my ATI drivers to the latest and it made no difference.

I followed instructions here:

Driver Verifier-- tracking down a mis-behaving driver.

And could not get my computer to boot without BSODing after setting up the verifier, even after doing things like verifier /reset. Ended up having to do a system restore to get back into Windows.

So now I have a bunch of minidump files. I used WhoCrashed to examine them.

The DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATIONs were caused by:

This was probably caused by the following module: vboxnetadp6.sys (VBoxNetAdp6+0xD0E3)

Bugcheck code: 0xC4 (0x2000, 0xFFFFF80EA38AD0E3, 0x0, 0x54525049)

Error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\vboxnetadp6.sys

product: Oracle VM VirtualBox

company: Oracle Corporation

description: VirtualBox NDIS 6.0 Host-Only Network Adapter Driver

I think these are false positives. I'm not running virtual box when I BSOD with the dxgmms2.sys problems. Those BSOD only occur when trying to play games. So it makes sense that there is a problem with a video card driver, not a virtual box network adapter.

The unhandled system thread exception (dxgmms2.sys) were caused by:

This was probably caused by the following module: dxgmms2.sys (dxgmms2+0x4FA76)

Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF80582DCFA76, 0xFFFF98014858A558, 0xFFFF980148589D80)

Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M

file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\dxgmms2.sys

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: DirectX Graphics MMS

Which doesn't really tell me anything new.

I think my next steps is to try to do a full removal of my video card drivers and reinstall them from scratch. Frustrating that this is happening on a fresh Windows 10 install.

Any other ideas or insights?

Edit: Here are the minidumps + .nfo:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmHjTJKsG_m3gzwiBZKIZvOeKrYG

Kalianyia, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

1. BSOD Help - nvlddmkm.sys windows 10 system thread exception - Similar Threads - BSOD Help nvlddmkm

2. SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Başarısız:rtwlane6.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Başarısız:rtwlane6.sys: Bilgisayarımı kullanırken wi-fi bağlantısı kesildi ama telefonum hala wi-fi ağına bağlıydı yani wi-fi ağında bir problem yoktu. Bende Ağ ve internet ayarları için sorunları gider seçeneğini seçtim tam o sırada bilgisayarım mavi ekran verip bu uyarıyı verdi.Durdurma Kodu:...
  3. SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Başarısız:rtwlane6.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Başarısız:rtwlane6.sys: Bilgisayarımı kullanırken wi-fi bağlantısı kesildi ama telefonum hala wi-fi ağına bağlıydı yani wi-fi ağında bir problem yoktu. Bende Ağ ve internet ayarları için sorunları gider seçeneğini seçtim tam o sırada bilgisayarım mavi ekran verip bu uyarıyı verdi.Durdurma Kodu:...
  4. SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Başarısız:rtwlane6.sys

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. System Thread Exception Not Handled (igdkmd64.sys)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Thread Exception Not Handled (igdkmd64.sys): (Note: I have been updating from Windows 7 to Windows 10). I have installed Windows 10 on a laptop and two PC’s All went well but today (3 days later) my main PC when switch this morning on gave me the following. (Fig1) System Thread Exception Not Handled (igdkmd64.sys) I...
  6. Help with BSOD System Thread Exception Not Handled crash

Help with BSOD System Thread Exception Not Handled crash: Here is the Link to my dump file. Not the first time it has done this either. I did recently update my GPU drivers and did a check for any others that could possibly be at fault. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AngVlvKW6SMtgwgCEcQEqkR7ngE-?e=dEjb2r Any help would be appreciated,...
  7. BSOD system thread exception not handled rtkvhd64.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD system thread exception not handled rtkvhd64.sys: TL,DR: system thread exception not handled rtkvhd64.sys error screen and resetting to factory does not work. Hi, I've recently had an issue with my Hp Envy and it will randomly crash and show the screen shown on the link and it will be stuck in this screen. I have no idea...
  8. system thread exception not handled wdf01000.sys

system thread exception not handled wdf01000.sys: [ATTACH] I dont know how to fix that, I only have command prompt in advanced options, I must fix with that. I cant go in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-thread-exception-not-handled-wdf01000sys/8c25a0ce-3b0d-4212-9c3a-8632662a4a71
  9. BSOD System Thread Exception help

BSOD System Thread Exception help: The issue with by BSOD is I don't know what it is triggered by, it happens when gaming, sometimes when I watch streams and other times when I just use my PC to browse reddit and other sites. Attachment 63376Attachment 63376 40318
  10. BSOD system thread exception

BSOD system thread exception: Finally got into safe mode through command prompt and was able to delete the driver from my Nvidia graphics card. Booted back up in normal mode and began the download for new driver. Then BSOD during installation. Ideas? Would love to put my crash file up here but I don't...
Tags: