Windows 10: BSOD help, suspected driver issues.

Discus and support BSOD help, suspected driver issues. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been having issues with my computer recently. The initial symptoms were that my two monitors would suddenly go black (usually when gaming +... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cassiopeia1, May 15, 2019.

1. BSOD help, suspected driver issues.

I've been having issues with my computer recently. The initial symptoms were that my two monitors would suddenly go black (usually when gaming + watching videos), only leaving sound as an output. When this happened I would have to power off my system with the power button to get them working again. Sometimes the screen would be grey, or only one monitor would work when I rebooted, but a second restart would fix the problem.

Since I felt it was driver crash, I did make some attempts to update my video drivers + delete the old drivers during this time, but the issue never went away.

This probably happened 4-5 times before I started getting blue screens when I restarted. When the windows logo + spinning dots would come up the dots would suddenly stop + show a System Thread Exception Not Handled stop code. It would BSOD, restart, BSOD again, restart, go into recovery. Recovery would give me an option to restart, which I usually was able to take to return things to normal.

Now it is giving me a BSOD even after the restart option. I was able to get back in by restarting from Safe Mode, but I worry about the issue getting worse.

I followed the instructions in this article and I'm planning to run the memtest tonight. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Link to data from MSinfo and minidump:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ais-BitNAAQOaR7ZUKTY0kzHZjI

My system is a home-built computer from 2012.

Intel i7 3930k

Nvidia GTX 970

Asus P9X79 Pro

Silverstone 850W Strider Gold

~160GB Intel SSD + 2 1TB WD Raid 1 Array

:)

Cassiopeia1, May 15, 2019
  2. alexsubri Win User

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    BSOD help, suspected driver issues. [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, May 15, 2019
  3. herrshaun Win User
    [SOLVED] Multiple random BSODs, all pointing to the kernel

No BSODs yet but I haven't been playing World of Warcraft which I suspect to be a possible cause.

Was the driver verifier step necessary or just a suggestion?

herrshaun, May 15, 2019
  4. BSOD help, suspected driver issues.

Constant issues with windows update .. suspected to be graphics driver problem.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have performed trying to fix the issue. Go to the Windows update installed and let us know which Windows update KB number is conflict to the issue.

• Type update on the windows search bar and select View installed update.

• Check for the KB number.
    You can also hide/block the Windows update, visit the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

Meanwhile, let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check. At first, I suggest you to install the graphic card driver and try installing the Windows update. Go to the below link and click on AUTO DETECT YOUR GPU. It
    will automatically detect the updated graphics card driver.

Drivers | GeForce

Hope this helps. Let us know the status.

Billion Debbarma, May 15, 2019
Thema:

BSOD help, suspected driver issues.

1. BSOD help, suspected driver issues. - Similar Threads - BSOD help suspected

2. BSOD Issues, I suspect a driver problem but do not know which driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Issues, I suspect a driver problem but do not know which driver: I have been having BSOD issues recently, usually when starting up laptop or when running idle. Have gotten message on blue screen saying driver_power_state_failure, Kmode_exception_not_handled, page_fault in nonpage_area. Here is the logs for the most recent blue screens, any...
  3. BSOD Issues, I suspect a driver problem but do not know which driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Issues, I suspect a driver problem but do not know which driver: I have been having BSOD issues recently, usually when starting up laptop or when running idle. Have gotten message on blue screen saying driver_power_state_failure, Kmode_exception_not_handled, page_fault in nonpage_area. Here is the logs for the most recent blue screens, any...
  4. BSOD suspected cause NVidea driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD suspected cause NVidea driver: Installed WinDBG as per the tutorial, as getting fairly regular BSODs not quite figured how to use it yet, was trying to identify my fairly regular BSODs Stop Code DPC watch dog violation, when saw several posts on the NVidea forum regarding BSODs with latest GPU drivers,...
  5. BSOD. friend suspects bad driver at fault

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD. friend suspects bad driver at fault: Here is the bugcheck https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YUXAEGaMKR_zbPFF0BrQR1Hj8UIfTJO_z35a-XhCMbk/edit?usp=sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-friend-suspects-bad-driver-at-fault/fba3590f-9563-4b57-9a5c-49fd4c8d8a76
  6. Windows 10 restarting, need help diagnosing suspected driver issue

Windows 10 restarting, need help diagnosing suspected driver issue: I've done a little due diligence before posting, but this is a little above my pay-grade so I'm hoping for some help. Here are the symptoms: My computer seems to restart when going into or out of sleep, but not always, I have had computer crashes while I'm working at the...
  7. BSOD in Windows 10 - suspected misbehaving driver

BSOD in Windows 10 - suspected misbehaving driver: Hi there, I am experiencing BSODs in Win10 and followed the advice regarding discovering the cause, i.e. running mdsched.exe, Driver Verifier, SysInfo32 and Speccy data. I have uploaded the minidumps and other test results to:...
  8. BSOD in Windows 10 - suspected misbehaving driver

BSOD in Windows 10 - suspected misbehaving driver: Hi there, I am experiencing BSODs in Win10 and followed the advice regarding discovering the cause, i.e. running mdsched.exe, Driver Verifier, SysInfo32 and Speccy data. I have uploaded the minidumps and other test results to:...
  9. Multiple BSOD Errors - Suspected Hardware issue

Multiple BSOD Errors - Suspected Hardware issue: Hi, For the past 14 months, I've been having BSOD issues as well as frequent CTD's in gaming (potentially unrelated). These started after a power supply failure and I've been unable to isolate what is causing the issues. I've performed CPU stress testing (AIDA64, Prime95),...
  10. BSOD Blizzard Games Mostly, Suspecting Drivers

BSOD Blizzard Games Mostly, Suspecting Drivers: Attachment 111574 Have been having the graphics display driver nvlddmkm drop out sporadically when playing various blizzard games. Only recently, while playing Starcraft 2, have I run into a BSOD twice with no visible warning as far as I could tell. As far as I can tell,...