Windows 10: BSOD I can't reset/restore/fix or boot my PC I have a critical process error

Discus and support BSOD I can't reset/restore/fix or boot my PC I have a critical process error in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I cant do anything it happened a week ago and since then I haven't been able to fix it I need some help ASAP because it won't let me reset do a system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by D3M0N DE4D, May 10, 2022.

1. BSOD I can't reset/restore/fix or boot my PC I have a critical process error

I cant do anything it happened a week ago and since then I haven't been able to fix it I need some help ASAP because it won't let me reset do a system file check, Dism or anything I download a suspicious file and then all my services started failing to run. The next day I turn on my PC and it has a blue screen Can y'all please helpppppp.

:)

D3M0N DE4D, May 10, 2022
  2. dmdordan Win User

Critical Process Died BSOD on Startup

Hello all,

I just recently started having this issue. When I boot the PC, it immediately goes to this BSOD. Auto repair obviously wasn't able to fix it. I can't really post a crash dump as I can't even get into Windows. I don't really know what this error means, but here is a list of the troubleshooting I've done thus far:

-Re-image computer
    -System restore to the earliest restore point where I know the issue was not happening
    -Numerous command prompts (sfc /scannow, chkdsk C: /f, chkdsk C: /r, DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth)
    -Reset PC (not able to reset, just gives error that says "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made.")

Those are all the troubleshooting steps I could find through Google-fu. Please let me know if you have further suggestions.

Thank you,
    Derek

dmdordan, May 10, 2022
  3. Critical Process Died BSOD

Received a Critical Process Died BSOD, I can not get into Safe Mode (same BSOD), but I do have Windows Recovery, Windows PE and Windows 10 Boot to use to access Command Prompt. System Restore won't let me restore, some comment about enabling system Protection.
    SFC /Scannow gives a Windows Resource Protection Error, and DISM won't work in the recovery environment. Any help fixing Windows short of a "reset" would be fantastic.

JoshuaClarkson, May 10, 2022
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

BSOD I can't reset/restore/fix or boot my PC I have a critical process error

boot bsod with critical process deny.

We appreciate the information you've provided. The error "Critical process died" happens when Windows detects that a critical component of the system processes has been modified. We suggest
    that you update the drivers for your Virtual Machine program, as well as the VGA driver, then run the System File Checker tool to find and fix corrupted or
    missing system files. To do run do a scan with SFC, you need to access Command Prompt.

Since you're using Windows 10 on a Virtual Machine, consult your program's user guide on how to restart Windows three times in a row so that you can reach the Recovery screen. Then follow the steps below:

• Click See advanced repair options.

• Click Troubleshoot.

• Click Advanced options.

• Click Command Prompt.

• Type sfc /scannow and press Enter. Wait for it to finish.

• Type shutdown /r and press Enter.

Note: It may take up to three scans with restarts in between to for SFC to find and fix all system files.

Let us know the results of the SFC scan.

Yolvi Ell, May 10, 2022
Thema:

BSOD I can't reset/restore/fix or boot my PC I have a critical process error

1. BSOD I can't reset/restore/fix or boot my PC I have a critical process error - Similar Threads - BSOD can't reset

2. Critical process died! I can't restore or reset what do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical process died! I can't restore or reset what do I do?: Critical process died! I can't restore or reset, but can use commands. When I try to restore it says I must enable system protection on this drive.windows will not let me launch safe mode also it just gives me the same code, when I try to un install last update same thing, I...
  3. Critical process died! I can't restore or reset what do I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical process died! I can't restore or reset what do I do?: Critical process died! I can't restore or reset, but can use commands. When I try to restore it says I must enable system protection on this drive.windows will not let me launch safe mode also it just gives me the same code, when I try to un install last update same thing, I...
  4. How do i fix "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED" BSOD?

How do i fix "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED" BSOD?: It happened when i was following a video about getting more performance and tweaking some registry stuff, yeah i know that you shouldnt mess with the registry editor but i was desperate for good performance, when i restarted this happened.Things i tried:Restore point Didnt...
  5. How do i fix "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED" BSOD?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do i fix "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED" BSOD?: It happened when i was following a video about getting more performance and tweaking some registry stuff, yeah i know that you shouldnt mess with the registry editor but i was desperate for good performance, when i restarted this happened.Things i tried:Restore point Didnt...
  6. BSOD I can't reset/restore/fix or boot my PC I have a critical process error

BSOD I can't reset/restore/fix or boot my PC I have a critical process error: I cant do anything it happened a week ago and since then I haven't been able to fix it I need some help ASAP because it won't let me reset do a system file check, Dism or anything I download a suspicious file and then all my services started failing to run. The next day I...
  7. Critical process died error can't reset restore points not working

Critical process died error can't reset restore points not working: Hi my name is ojas I would like to ask for help from this community about the critical process died error on my windows 10 computerI have tried everything and nothing works sfc scans does not work either it gives an error that windows resource protection could not perform the...
  8. Restart loop, BSOD critical process died, "system restore" and "reset this pc" not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restart loop, BSOD critical process died, "system restore" and "reset this pc" not working: Hi, I think I downloaded some malware and now my pc is bricked.My gf bought a Bluetooth connecter so we could avoid plugging in a cable to my tower. It came with a CD to install a software called BlueSoleil, but my CD-ROM isn't connected to my motherboard, so I decided to go...
  9. Unable to boot PC, BSOD - Critical Process died

Unable to boot PC, BSOD - Critical Process died: The problem: When I start my PC, Windows fails to boot and I get a blue screen with "Stop code: Critical process died". I am unable to enter the desktop. It then restarts and attempts an automatic repair, but fails and takes me to the Recovery Environment Here, I tried many...
  10. BSOD critical process error

BSOD critical process error: I was using my Acer aspire when after re booting I got a BSOD with critical process error It reboots then goes into auto repair, it asks me to select account and then asks for password, but it rejects the password, in an attempt to sort I accessed my account on a different...