Windows 10: BSOD if PC kept idle

Discus and support BSOD if PC kept idle in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My pc just bsod's if kept idle for 5 minutes.No dump files created.Please help me fix it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Greatisgreat, Aug 15, 2022.

1. BSOD if PC kept idle

My pc just bsod's if kept idle for 5 minutes.No dump files created.Please help me fix it.

:)

Greatisgreat, Aug 15, 2022
  2. Jonas Flo Win User

Bluetooth still on while idle

Thanks for following the steps. Now, the settings won't take effect if you are only using normal PC idle mode. Normal functionality of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi settings are to stay connected even if PC is idle. With the settings that you have created, we would
    suggest that you set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or
    Hibernate
    once idle. In this way, the settings "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" should take effect.

To set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or Hibernate when idle, please follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel, set view by: Small
      icons.
    • Look for Power Options.
    • Click on Change when the computer sleeps on the left pane.
    • Set a timer.

Please try it out. Hope it helps. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Aug 15, 2022
  3. thequila Win User
    BSOD while PC idle

Thank you for looking at the logs. I did try all the suggestions, but I kept having the BSODs. I decided to reinstall windows and start from fresh. So far, there is no issue, but I will keep eye on it and let you know if I have any problems.

Much appreciate your help.

thequila, Aug 15, 2022
  4. Thrackan Win User

BSOD if PC kept idle

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Aug 15, 2022
Thema:

BSOD if PC kept idle

1. BSOD if PC kept idle - Similar Threads - BSOD kept idle

2. BSOD if PC kept idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD if PC kept idle: My pc just bsod's if kept idle for 5 minutes.No dump files created.Please help me fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-if-pc-kept-idle/3a242ee6-5567-4b0c-976b-d6a00a9e91d2
  3. BSOD if PC kept idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD if PC kept idle: My pc just bsod's if kept idle for 5 minutes.No dump files created.Please help me fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-if-pc-kept-idle/3a242ee6-5567-4b0c-976b-d6a00a9e91d2
  4. BSOD while my pc idles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while my pc idles: Whenever I leave my computer on and walk away from it for significant periods of time somewhere between an hour and a schoolday it's usually undergone a BSOD somewhere in that timeframe. I want to keep my computer operating as a plex server for a week when I take a vacation...
  5. Getting frequent bluescreen when PC is kept idle for few min

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting frequent bluescreen when PC is kept idle for few min: I am getting frequent bluescreen when my PC is kept idle for some time. don't know what is causing the errors. changed the motherboard , SSD, SMPS. Please help me with this.------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report: 1/18/2022, 19:16:03...
  6. Getting frequent bluescreen when PC is kept idle for few min

Getting frequent bluescreen when PC is kept idle for few min: I am getting frequent bluescreen when my PC is kept idle for some time. don't know what is causing the errors. changed the motherboard , SSD, SMPS. Please help me with this.------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report: 1/18/2022, 19:16:03...
  7. BSOD While my pc idle

BSOD While my pc idle: my pc often gets bsod when it's idle never when playing games... i've tried several ways such as changing ram, moving ram slots but the bsod still appears and the bsod that appears is often marked with the code ntkrnlmp.exe .. maybe someone can help me?specRyzen 5 3500Ab350m...
  8. BSOD While my pc idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD While my pc idle: my pc often gets bsod when it's idle never when playing games... i've tried several ways such as changing ram, moving ram slots but the bsod still appears and the bsod that appears is often marked with the code ntkrnlmp.exe .. maybe someone can help me?specRyzen 5 3500Ab350m...
  9. BSOD While my pc idle

10. BSODs when PC left idle

BSODs when PC left idle: Hello, A few months ago I was getting extremely frequent BSODs. I ended up reinstalling Windows 10 and that seemed to solve the problem. A few weeks later however and they are coming back. A consistent pattern is that they happen when I leave the PC idle for longer than a...