Windows 10: BSOD immediately after booting, System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled

Discus and support BSOD immediately after booting, System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, So this is the 4th time my PC has crashed because of the same file in the past 2 years. The file that is constantly causing the BSOD is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ksuthayya, Apr 3, 2017.

1. ksuthayya Win User

BSOD immediately after booting, System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled

Hi,

So this is the 4th time my PC has crashed because of the same file in the past 2 years. The file that is constantly causing the BSOD is rtsuvc.sys which is the Lenovo EasyCamera driver, ie Webcam driver.

Error: System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled
    File: rtsuvc.sys

To bring you up to speed wrt my issue, please refer to System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled - Microsoft Community AND Lenovo Y510P (Unsupported for Win 10) Camera Driver Needed

All of this has been cause as Lenovo decided not to support my PC for W10 and as a result there is no compatible webcam driver for my PC and W10.

So it's been a while since my last crash and since then I've come to realise that there's not much that I can do to find/get a driver that would enable me to use my webcam and hence I have accepted the fact that the in-built webcam is dead.

Immediately after the BSOD when I booted I went to my Device Manager and uninstalled "Lenovo Easy Camera" driver from my Imaging Devices tab. This isn't the first time I've uninstalled it, it keeps coming back. I've finally bought a USB webcam and want to PERMANENTLY disable my in-built webcam and all drivers/software pertaining to it.

Please help with the same.

I've attached the DMP Log file. Attachment 128153Attachment 128153

:)

ksuthayya, Apr 3, 2017
  2. Ivan_1001 Win User

Lenovo Yoga 12 Windows 10 BSOD after Synaptic driver installed

Hi,

I am able to go to safe mode only with advanced repairing options>startup options...

In Safe mode seems that everything working fine... touch pad is fully functional.

I`m try to set clean boot in Safe mode and windows still reboots with BSOD.

First i did clean install of windows 10 pro created with Mediacreationtoolx64.

Then i check for updates and windows install all updates.

After reboot all devices works ok... synaptics pointing device is working with all his features...

Then i did another reboot and then i get BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED > reboot

then:

- BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED > reboot

- BSOD PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR > reboot

- BSOD PAGING_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (win32kbase.sys) >reboot

- advanced repair opt. > safe mode

- it boot in Safe mode and everything works fine, touch pad fully works > reboot

- boot in normal mode, everything works fine, touch pad fully works > reboot

- advanced repair opt. > safe mode , all works fine

- setup clean boot > reboot

- uninstall Synaptics app and driver > reboot

- boot in normal mode is ok now but there is no touchpad at all

- update pointing device drviver from device manager > reboot

- uninstall Synaptics app and driver > reboot

- boot in normal mode - touchpad works with base windows driver (not fully functional but works like after clean installation of Windows 10) > reboot

- normal boot ok again > disable clean boot (restore to normal) > reboot

- boot normal, everything is fine (touchpad works with windows base driver) > reboot

- boot normal, everything is fine (touchpad works with windows base driver) > reboot

..... and again and again... boot normal...

i try to clean install windows... disable automatic update in gpedit.msc, use wushowhide to hide synaptics driver hrom update, check and install all other updates, and windows works fine (except pointing device, is not fully functional)

same issues i face with Synaptics driver from Lenovo support page... there is driver ver. 19.0.12. 61 7/9/2015 for windows 10...

Sorry for long post but it`s obvious that there is a problem with pointing device driver.

It`s very annoying...

The laptop is Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 12 20DK001XCX

Please help

Ivan_1001, Apr 3, 2017
  3. Влад

BSoD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED with 0934578drv.sys

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers

ВладиславФилимонов, Apr 3, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

It might be a case of needing to physically disconnect the built-in webcam to prevent it being recognised as a connected device. Lenovo usually provides hardware manuals for replacing components so you might be able to do this yourself.

Edit: Just had another idea - it would be simpler to disable the camera in the BIOS. If you Enter the BIOS settings go to the security tab and select the I/O Port Access options; set the Integrated Camera Interface to LOCKED. This should permanently disable the camera.

philc43, Apr 3, 2017
  5. ksuthayya Win User
    @philc43

Thanks, I was looking for just that kind of a fix. Something that ensure the PC will never scan for "hardware changes" and detect the cam and then re-install the drivers/softwares associated with the camera.

I just want to be sure of what I'm doing when I do it though. I shouldn't disable to possibility of a webcam and as a result disable any USB webcam that I plug in. Could you give me the exact steps for the same, ensuring that this is only for the built-in webcam and it's drivers/softwares

ksuthayya, Apr 3, 2017
  6. philc43 Win User
    The BIOS fix will only apply to the port setting used for the built in camera. Attaching another USB camera will not be affected by this bios setting.

I do not know for sure what your BIOS settings are but these are the steps required on a Lenovo ThinkPad Laptop that I have.

• When starting the laptop hit the F1 key which allows you to enter the BIOS (it might be some other key for your ideaPad)
    • Use the right arrow key to navigate to the Security Page
    • Use the down arrow key to navigate to the I/O Port Access and press enter to access the settings
    • Use the Down arrow key to move to the Intergrated Camera Interface
    • Use the Enter key to access and change from UNLOCKED to LOCKED
    • Save changes and exit

Hope this helps *Smile

philc43, Apr 3, 2017
  7. ksuthayya Win User
    Attachment 128190
    Hi,

As you can see in the image, there is no option for I/O Port Access under Security. There wasn't one in Configuration either.

Great, seems like disabling the BIOS for the camera is almost the same as manually unplugging the camera as the computer blocks out the hardware port that the camera is connected to, correct? Is there any way for the PC to manually turn it back on?
    Once this is done, I can safely remove all the built-in camera related drivers without caring about them, correct?

ksuthayya, Apr 3, 2017
  8. philc43 Win User

The IdeaPad must use a different BIOS, sorry that my idea did not work out. As you say, disabling it the BIOS would have had the same effect as unplugging it but it looks like you will have to resort to the hard way of physically disconnecting it inside the laptop.

philc43, Apr 3, 2017
  9. ksuthayya Win User
    Ahh, nevermind. Thanks for your help and time on this.

ksuthayya, Apr 3, 2017
  10. Ztruker Win User
    Can you disable it in Device Manager?

Ztruker, Apr 6, 2017
  11. ksuthayya Win User
    Hi

J
    ust crashed again this morning. Same file, same error.

DMP - Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. (It's not a 0KB file size like last time so hopefully it shouldn't be corrupted).

Also, somehow .. "Lenovo Easy Camera" is showing up in my Device Managaer even though I'd uninstalled and disabled it previously, a week ago. (Image attached)

Please help with this, I only want to continue using W10 and this PC without trying to use the inbuilt webcam or anything related.

Attachment 128693

ksuthayya, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD immediately after booting, System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled - Similar Threads - BSOD immediately booting

2. BSOD on boot with Stopcode: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on boot with Stopcode: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Hi.I own a dell g5 SE. Yesterday, I downloaded three new updates from the dell update app. Successfully installed two, and the one remaining update was AMD Radeon graphics driver update. During the installation of this update, my laptop bluescreened, with the stopcode:...
  3. BSOD on boot with Stopcode: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD on boot with Stopcode: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Hi.I own a dell g5 SE. Yesterday, I downloaded three new updates from the dell update app. Successfully installed two, and the one remaining update was AMD Radeon graphics driver update. During the installation of this update, my laptop bluescreened, with the stopcode:...
  4. BSOD on boot with Stopcode: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. BSOD boot loop "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD boot loop "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED": After upgrading to the latest driver for my graphics card (RX 580) I started getting BSOD's so I installed the latest stable driver and now I'm still getting BSOD's in a boot loop (whenever I boot up to windows it waits a second then crashes). The error is...
  6. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD: Hello, I've been having some difficulty with the SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD for two days now. I've ran chkdsk, sfc scannow, and a memory diagnotic to determine my problems which all came back inconclusive. I've reinstalled my NVIDIA Geforce 660 GPU and my WD SSD...
  7. BSoD while booting with error code: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

BSoD while booting with error code: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Im facing a problem with my Windows. Lately I had blue screens with error code: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE like once a day. Yesterday I updated graphic card drivers and since than I constantly get blue screen with error SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED when Im trying to...
  8. Bsod system_thread_exception_not_handled

Bsod system_thread_exception_not_handled: I am on Windows 10 pro version 1803. The first time I noticed the system_thread_exception_not_handled BSOD was when I tried to update to the 1909 version when the system does its initial reboot. After that, the update is reverted. However, I have my computer running 24/7...
  9. BSOD (System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD (System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled): I had gone out of station for a couple weeks and when I returned, my desktop refused to boot instead giving a BSOD. I analysed the generated dump file and it states that winquic.sys is responsible for the BSOD. I am able to boot fine in safe mode. Please help me to restore it...
  10. BSOD - SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on boot, even safe mode.

BSOD - SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on boot, even safe mode.: Hi, I'm getting a BSOD with SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED every time I try to boot. I even get this BSOD when trying to get into safe mode. There's no sys file specified. OS is Windows 10 Pro x64 (10.0.10586) Attachment 56647 I can get to it the command prompt...