Windows 10: BSOD in Unity Games

Discus and support BSOD in Unity Games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Looking for help with my system bluescreening. It only happens while I'm inside a game. In the past it happened a lot with 7 days to die and I had to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SageGaming, Feb 20, 2021.

1. BSOD in Unity Games

Looking for help with my system bluescreening. It only happens while I'm inside a game. In the past it happened a lot with 7 days to die and I had to stop playing it. Recently I bought and am trying to play Valheim. It is random but I bluescreen anywhere from 5 min in to 2 hours in. Both games are unity games I don't know if that matters. the codes are machine check exception and whea uncorrectable error. in event viewer "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly." is the only critical error shown.

My Hardware includes Z390 phantom gaming motherboard, 4x 8Gb ram, GeForce RTX 2080, intel i7-9700K processor, dual hard drives SSD for OS and HHD for media storage, and an Elgato capture card for recordings.

So far I have tried checking and updating all drivers. I ran both /sfc and /dism no errors found. I ran a mem test no errors found. I removed and reseated all ram in different positions making sure all connections are good.

If I need to list any additional information to help me figure out why its crashing during these specific games that would help. When it crashes the game freezes goes to BSOD says stop code then automatically restarts.

:)

SageGaming, Feb 20, 2021
  2. Pavan_N Win User

unable to play games Unity Web Player error.

Hi Daryl,

As an initial troubleshooting step I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Unity Web Player from Programs and features and check the status of the issue.

To uninstall programs, go to Settings.

• On the Start menu, then select Settings.
    • Select System > Apps & features.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.
    As you have clearly described that the issue is with Unity Web Player not with game or browser and Unity Web Player is not developed by Microsoft. I suggest you to contact
    Unity Web Player Support. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Feb 20, 2021
  3. 786shahz Win User
    unity based games

windows phone 7.8 will be able to run unity based games or not ???

786shahz, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Josh Win User

BSOD in Unity Games

How to run a unity-built after Computer is turned on

Goal

• User turns on Computer and Unity-built runs automatically.
    • Upon system start and thereafter Unity start, User only sees the maximized gameview of unity. No windows Taskbar, steamVR window, nor anything else is visible.
    • Unity-built quits and computer shuts down automatically upon respective user-input within the running Unity application.

The following approach is my current plan. Simpler solutions are always welcome.

I've tried Windows Kiosk Mode, but manual login to kiosk account was still necessary. Plus Unity doesn't seem to be available in Kiosk mode - or I overlooked something...

Step by step:

1. User turns on computer by pressing the power-button.
    2. User-Login happens automatically; no user-input necessary (neither click, nor password input).
    3. if a password protected account exists; login happens automatically.
    4. if user-account exists, but without password protection; login happens automatically
    5. Unity-built starts immediately.
    6. Screen only shows game content; neither windows start menu, nor anything else is shown on the screen.
    7. User has in-game options (within the running Unity application) to quit the game. Both Unity application and system shut down after user picks respective option.

Step 1 - 5:

I've been able to start the unity-built after system start via task scheduler, but I couldn't solve the problem of automatically logging into the user-account.

• Edit 1:
      I mangaged to disable required account-password input. User now reaches the desktop without having to input anything. I used strg + r and "netplwiz" which is described in this thread.

Step 6:

Problem: After unity start Windows start menu and steamVR windows are visible and overlay the gameview. User has to click into the gameview, to "pull" gameview to the front in order to hide said overlaying elements.

Solution: ???

Thema:

BSOD in Unity Games

1. BSOD in Unity Games - Similar Threads - BSOD Unity Games

2. BSOD while Gaming Unity games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while Gaming Unity games: Hey all,This past week I've had a KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD every day. I seem to mostly get it on unity games such as Plate Up or Escape Simulator. Ryzen 7 3700XGTX 1060 6GBAlso note: I recently updated my ASRock B350 Pro4 Bios Version to 7.20. I believe it started...
  3. BSOD while Gaming Unity games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while Gaming Unity games: Hey all,This past week I've had a KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD every day. I seem to mostly get it on unity games such as Plate Up or Escape Simulator. Ryzen 7 3700XGTX 1060 6GBAlso note: I recently updated my ASRock B350 Pro4 Bios Version to 7.20. I believe it started...
  4. Unity BSOD after launching Easy Anticheat

Unity BSOD after launching Easy Anticheat: When I want the game to launch, everything is normal as always, but when Easy Anticheat finishes loading, I get a BSOD. It didn't happen before, but I guess it's up to Unity.This has been happening to me for about 5 days now and I don't know how to fix it, but the day before...
  5. BSOD when playing unity games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when playing unity games: I keep having windows crash whenever I play games that run of unity.Hearthstone mostly.I have ran memtest, stress tests, updated drivers, done a fresh install.PC only crashes on unity games I can have non unity games run for hours no crashes.This is the last mini dump...
  6. BSOD when playing unity games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when playing unity games: I keep having windows crash whenever I play games that run of unity.Hearthstone mostly.I have ran memtest, stress tests, updated drivers, done a fresh install.PC only crashes on unity games I can have non unity games run for hours no crashes.This is the last mini dump...
  7. BSOD when playing unity games

8. BSOD in Unity Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD in Unity Games: Hello. I've big problem with Unity made games. Valheim, Tabletop, Cuphead, Slime Rancher... After 10-15min I get instantly blue screen. I attached my latest dump files. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlIYuTa2Sz4shT-ReA9FqGtNqlgu?e=3hjsjm...
  9. BSOD in Unity Games

BSOD in Unity Games: Hello. I've big problem with Unity made games. Valheim, Tabletop, Cuphead, Slime Rancher... After 10-15min I get instantly blue screen. I attached my latest dump files. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlIYuTa2Sz4shT-ReA9FqGtNqlgu?e=3hjsjm...
  10. Unity games and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unity games and Windows 10: So I have Game pass for PC and I am having problems with my computer running ANY game that was created by the unity engine. Every time I try to start a game that uses that engine I get this. Then it just closes and the game stops trying to run....