Windows 10: BSOD in verifier SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED caused by HIDCLASS

Discus and support BSOD in verifier SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED caused by HIDCLASS in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The laptop I'm using have been experiencing bsod for a quite a long time. I've never been able to pinpoint the problem. Today after some multiple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NikAsyraf, May 13, 2022.

1. NikAsyraf Win User

BSOD in verifier SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED caused by HIDCLASS

The laptop I'm using have been experiencing bsod for a quite a long time. I've never been able to pinpoint the problem. Today after some multiple session using verifier, multiple problems occurred from problems with Vanguard driver to ScpVbus driver. Both of those problems seems to go away once I uninstall the respective programs. However the latest error got me scratching my head. The settings I used in verifier is create standard setting -> Automatically select all drivers installed on this computer.The Minidump file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!As-hMYcU8vYhig_om9R5rLnUR8sp?e=0SW0Xa

:)

NikAsyraf, May 13, 2022
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

BSOD hidclass with driver verifier

Hi Doc_Samson,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you receive Blue Screen error with hidclass.sys. In order to get to the root cause of the issue, we will need the Dump files, so that we can analyze them and assist you accordingly. I have sent a private message to you, please share
    the Dump files over the private message.

To access Private Message click on your Profile on the top right corner, then click on the ellipses, and select
    View Private Messages.

However, the hidclass.sys is a driver file for Human Interface Devices, which are basically, keyboard/mouse or gaming controllers. I would suggest you to disconnect all the external devices and see if that helps.

I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

Method 1: Update drivers

I suggest you to update the drivers on the computer, to make sure that all the drivers are up to date including Keyboard, Mouse, USB and HID Drivers. In addition, you may also update the chipset drivers from the computer manufacturer’s websites. Kindly
    refer the article
    Update drivers in Windows 10

Method 2: Check hard disk for errors

I would suggest you to run chkdsk utility to check any errors in the hard drive. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Type command prompt in the search bar on the
      Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the command prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Now, paste the following command and hit Enter: chkdsk/f C:
    4. Select Yes and restart the computer.

Note: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive when chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be lost

Method 3: Windows Memory Diagnostic

You can also run Memory Diagnostic on the computer to check for any memory corruption errors. Follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type mdsched and click on
      OK
    3. Click on Restart now and check for problems.

You may want to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

You can also refer the suggestions provided by auggy replied on May 15, 2018 in the thread

BSOD Hidclass.sys

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 13, 2022
  3. BSOD: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Hello Ethan,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on your system. We will certainly help you.

Blue screens (BSOD) is mostly occur due to hardware and sometimes due to incompatible software. In a lot of cases it is a corrupted driver or a driver conflict. The most common causes of blue screens are overheating, faulty RAM, video card problem
    and BIOS.

The SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED bug check has a value of 0x0000007E. This bug check indicates that a system thread generated an exception that the error handler did not catch.

We suggest you to kindly follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Let us know the status of the issue and the result of troubleshooting. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 13, 2022
  4. BSOD in verifier SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED caused by HIDCLASS

Windows 10 BSOD: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

When I start my laptop. It's always restart and show BSOD : SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

(Cl.dll). Please give me your suggestion.

Athipphakone, May 13, 2022
Thema:

BSOD in verifier SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED caused by HIDCLASS

1. BSOD in verifier SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED caused by HIDCLASS - Similar Threads - BSOD verifier SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

2. BSOD in verifier SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED caused by HIDCLASS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD in verifier SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED caused by HIDCLASS: The laptop I'm using have been experiencing bsod for a quite a long time. I've never been able to pinpoint the problem. Today after some multiple session using verifier, multiple problems occurred from problems with Vanguard driver to ScpVbus driver. Both of those problems...
  3. BSOD in verifier SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED caused by HIDCLASS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD in verifier SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED caused by HIDCLASS: The laptop I'm using have been experiencing bsod for a quite a long time. I've never been able to pinpoint the problem. Today after some multiple session using verifier, multiple problems occurred from problems with Vanguard driver to ScpVbus driver. Both of those problems...
  4. ‘verifier‘ caused BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ‘verifier‘ caused BSOD: o/,have tried this - Use Windows Driver Verifier to Know Corrupt Drivers https://windowsdot.com/how-to-check-for-corrupt-drivers-in-windows-os-2-ways/?unapproved=1772&moderation-hash=8bc1b92d363b395231574af4f8e571dd#comment-1772 result : dead looping BSOD, completely...
  5. ‘verifier‘ caused BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ‘verifier‘ caused BSOD: o/,have tried this - Use Windows Driver Verifier to Know Corrupt Drivers https://windowsdot.com/how-to-check-for-corrupt-drivers-in-windows-os-2-ways/?unapproved=1772&moderation-hash=8bc1b92d363b395231574af4f8e571dd#comment-1772 result : dead looping BSOD, completely...
  6. ‘verifier‘ caused BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. BSODs SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED caused by ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED caused by ntoskrnl.exe: Hello, I have been experiencing BSODs and programs closing while playing games on my PC. I ran Device Verifier to find the issue and after opening a game, my computer crashed to a Blue Screen with the error SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. I opened the logs in Blue Screen...
  8. BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED caused by driver lvrs64.sys

BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED caused by driver lvrs64.sys: As the title says, I have been encountering two same BSODs that is caused by one driver lvrs64.sys that happens to be Logitech driver from the external webcam that I bought for my laptop, Logitech C270, since my built-in webcam is broken. Please tell me if there are any...
  9. BSOD hidclass with driver verifier

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD hidclass with driver verifier: memory. dmp hi:) I have tried to enable driver verifier to check the stability of my computer, and every time I have got this bsod correlated to "hidclass.sys". Some help? Thanks a lot...
  10. BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED caused by ntoskrnl.exe

BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED caused by ntoskrnl.exe: I've been getting multiple BSODs over the past 2 days at seemingly random times and finally got BlueScreenViewer to read my memory dumps. This is the report I get. It's not all of the ones from the past 2 days, but all of the BSODs are from the same cause. I have no idea...