Windows 10: BSOD INACCESSBILE BOOT DEVICE

Discus and support BSOD INACCESSBILE BOOT DEVICE in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; so my laptop was working pretty fine until this morning it suddenly got a bsod and it said Your PC/Device needs to be repaired The application or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ali.A., Aug 15, 2020.

1. Ali.A. Win User

BSOD INACCESSBILE BOOT DEVICE

so my laptop was working pretty fine until this morning it suddenly got a bsod and it said Your PC/Device needs to be repaired
    The application or operating system couldn't be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors.

File: \Windows\system32\winload.exe

Error code: 0xc000000f

You'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have any installation media {like a disc or USB device, contact your PC administrator or PC\Device Manufacturer.

Press Enter to try again, Which does nothing

Press f8 for Startup Settings Which does nothing

i tried every possibility i could and ye it doesnt boot up to startup from where i could even go to the trouble shooting,hope someone helps me :

:)

Ali.A., Aug 15, 2020

2. ughhh! BSOD on boot

I guess my computer BSOD on boot right before getting to windows. not sure what the problem is though, everything is stable.

It gave me a list of two files in windows that could have caused the problems

MxPhenom 216, Aug 15, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Boot Device not found

Hi Alan,

Corrupted system files or it boot to a different hard drive that it why you received the message Boot Device no found. To better assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any changes prior to this issue?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to perform automatic repair:

• Force turn off your computer/device 3 times until you reach the Automatic Repair environment.
    • On the list of options under Advance options, choose Start-up Repair and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 15, 2020
  4. BSOD INACCESSBILE BOOT DEVICE

BSOD inaccessible boot device

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are receiving inaccessible boot device BSOD on the PC. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below:

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    2. What is the make and model of the PC?
    3. What happens when you try to boot the PC to Safe Mode?

Meanwhile, let’s try a couple of troubleshooting steps and see if we can fix the issue.

Rebuild BCD:

You can try rebuilding the BCD file manually and see if the PC boots fine.

1. Create a bootable media and boot the PC using the
      media.
    2. On the initial setup screen, select the language and other
      preferences and click on Next. (If you don't see the setup screen, your PC might not be set up to boot from a drive. Check your PC manufacturer's website for info on how to change your PC's boot order, and then try again.)
    3. Now, click on Repair your computer.
    4. On the System Recovery Options screen, select
      Troubleshoot> Advanced options > Command Prompt.
    5. Now type in the commands and hit Enter:

BOOTREC /FIXMBR

BOOTREC /FIXBOOT

BOOTREC /scanos

BOOTREC /rebuildbcd
    6. Restart the PC.

Rebuild BCD Store:

I would suggest you to export and delete the BCD store and rebuild the BCD store. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Create a bootable media and boot the PC using the
      media.
    2. On the initial setup screen, select the language and other
      preferences and click on Next. (If you don't see the setup screen, your PC might not be set up to boot from a drive. Check your PC manufacturer's website for info on how to change your PC's boot order, and then try again.)
    3. Now, click on Repair your computer.
    4. On the System Recovery Options screen, select
      Troubleshoot> Advanced options > Command Prompt.
    5. Now type in the commands and hit Enter:

bcdedit /export C:\BCD_Backup

c:

cd boot

attrib bcd -s -h –r

ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old

bootrec /RebuildBcd

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

BSOD INACCESSBILE BOOT DEVICE

1. BSOD INACCESSBILE BOOT DEVICE - Similar Threads - BSOD INACCESSBILE BOOT

2. GSOD/BSOD boot device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GSOD/BSOD boot device: So removed all my other hard disks and attempted this. When I turn on my pc it takes 5ish mins and then I get the GSOD and a message saying boot device inaccessible. It will then restart and try loading the auto repair/tools and it takes 5ish mins then I get a BSOD saying...
  3. GSOD/BSOD boot device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GSOD/BSOD boot device: So removed all my other hard disks and attempted this. When I turn on my pc it takes 5ish mins and then I get the GSOD and a message saying boot device inaccessible. It will then restart and try loading the auto repair/tools and it takes 5ish mins then I get a BSOD saying...
  4. BSOD inaccessible boot device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD inaccessible boot device: I keep getting the bsod for inaccessible boot device on my laptop. I can start up and use it normally for a certain period of time 5-15 min before it gives me the error message. I am not sure what to do. It also seems odd that I am able to use it as most people seem to not be...
  5. BSOD inaccessible boot device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD inaccessible boot device: I keep getting the bsod for inaccessible boot device on my laptop. I can start up and use it normally for a certain period of time 5-15 min before it gives me the error message. I am not sure what to do. It also seems odd that I am able to use it as most people seem to not be...
  6. BSOD inaccessible boot device

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. BSOD inaccessible boot device error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD inaccessible boot device error: A couple of days ago I got the BSOD inaccessible boot device on my Windows computer after 2 years of problem free use. My only HDD is a SSD m.2 samsung 970 evo. When I list the volumes I have 3: Volume. Ltr. Label. ... Info Volume 0 C. reserved ... Volume 1 D ... Volume 2 E...
  8. BSOD-stop code:inaccessible boot device

BSOD-stop code:inaccessible boot device: I have tryed any methods to fix the blue screen of death stop code inaccessible boot device but it looks like i can do just nothing, i can run command prompt i tryed factory-reset from there, i tryed wipe data from the window drivers and all drivers, but nothing works well, i...
  9. BSOD and Boot Device Not Found issue

BSOD and Boot Device Not Found issue: Product - HP Envy 15 OS - Windows 10 64-bit Version - 2004 Storage type - SSD I am having issues of BSOD whenever I wake up my PC from sleeping opening the lid and also randomly when I am working on it. And when it restarts, sometimes it shows Boor Device Not Found error...
  10. BSOD inaccessible boot device

BSOD inaccessible boot device: Hey so i literally cant turn my pc on , i keep getting the bsod and i have tried everything , startup repair , tried repairing my pc with an usb that has windows 10 on it , tried system restore , uninstall the latest updates but i cant even uninstall them , none of them...