Windows 10: BSOD, infrequent and inconsistent

Discus and support BSOD, infrequent and inconsistent in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Been dealing with infrequent BSOD for 6+ months with minimal luck on a solution. Finally happened during an inconvenient time so its time to sort it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by nathansager, Jan 16, 2019.

1. BSOD, infrequent and inconsistent

Been dealing with infrequent BSOD for 6+ months with minimal luck on a solution. Finally happened during an inconvenient time so its time to sort it out. Additional information can be provided if requested.

Speccy: https://i.imgur.com/z5yb0gq.png

DMP: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtZ2PbQPzadYxCg0CnedWStn9xKg

MSinfo: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtZ2PbQPzadYxCki-K0gTSMGa0Oc

:)

nathansager, Jan 16, 2019
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Infrequent BSOD becoming more frequent

Read the post #4 once again, you will get the answer.

3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. cplpro Win User

BSOD, infrequent and inconsistent

7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile BSOD, infrequent and inconsistent :)

cplpro, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

BSOD, infrequent and inconsistent

1. BSOD, infrequent and inconsistent - Similar Threads - BSOD infrequent inconsistent

2. BSOD Appears infrequently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Appears infrequently: Hi,Got a brand new system this winter and had some problems with my first pair of DDR5 ram sticks, after i got those replaced the system has seemingly been working fine until today. While i was playing a game the system went into a clock watchdog timeout BSOD. I have no clue...
  3. BSOD Appears infrequently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Appears infrequently: Hi,Got a brand new system this winter and had some problems with my first pair of DDR5 ram sticks, after i got those replaced the system has seemingly been working fine until today. While i was playing a game the system went into a clock watchdog timeout BSOD. I have no clue...
  4. BSOD Appears infrequently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Inconsistent BSODs

Inconsistent BSODs: Hello. I've recently built my own PC about a month back, and it ran fine for a while 3ish weeks, but it has recently been giving BSODs for various reasons, with the most recent ones being related to system service exceptions. These crashes happen inconsistently, with some...
  6. Infrequent BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Infrequent BSODs: Over the past year I've been getting infrequent BSOD crashes, about one a day. It happens both when my PC is under load and when it's idle. I've seen 10+ different BSOD messages, and the task "causing" the crash is never the same, so I can't really find a pattern. Sometimes...
  7. Infrequent BSODs

Infrequent BSODs: Over the past year I've been getting infrequent BSOD crashes, about one a day. It happens both when my PC is under load and when it's idle. I've seen 10+ different BSOD messages, and the task "causing" the crash is never the same, so I can't really find a pattern. Sometimes...
  8. Infrequent BSODs

9. Random & infrequent BSOD

Random & infrequent BSOD: Our small church has a PowerSpec computer that we use to audio record our services. The pastor got a good deal from his son-in-law for the PC. The computer is usually left on, with only the screen blanking out after a while. It may go for weeks without problems, then BSOD or...
  10. Infrequent BSoD BAD_POOL_CALLER

Infrequent BSoD BAD_POOL_CALLER: Hi, I built my PC 12 days ago. I have two issues left after doing everything I knew until now. One is a BSoD/crash BAD_POOL_CALLER that happens ... sometimes. 5 days ago, 3 days ago and yesterday. One was while I was watching a low-res video in my browser and another was...