Windows 10: BSoD Internal Power Error after changing SSD

Discus and support BSoD Internal Power Error after changing SSD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I recently changed my SSD on my laptop. But now, every time my laptop is rebooting or wakes up, i have the BSoD saying i am encoutering a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by YShunIC, Dec 5, 2018.

1. YShunIC Win User

BSoD Internal Power Error after changing SSD

Hi,

I recently changed my SSD on my laptop. But now, every time my laptop is rebooting or wakes up, i have the BSoD saying i am encoutering a internal power error after what my laptop needs to reboot.

I already tried methods like:

- Reinstalling windows

- Updating the drivers

- Updating the BIOS

- Changing power hibernate size to 100%

- sfc /scannow

I'd appreciate any help !

Here's MSinfo : https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjWMSTLwYx2ajRRHC-SsxvfdjwfF

Here's DUMP file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjWMSTLwYx2ajRXXHkX-2AhWW7FS

This is what we see after running WhoCrashed:

On Wed 05/12/2018 11:46:03 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\120518-9625-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1B1040)
    Bugcheck code: 0xA0 (0x608, 0xFFFF8009BA3811F8, 0x0, 0x0)
    Error: INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the power policy manager experienced a fatal error.
    This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 05/12/2018 11:46:03 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!PoFxSetComponentWake+0x14C)
    Bugcheck code: 0xA0 (0x608, 0xFFFF8009BA3811F8, 0x0, 0x0)
    Error: INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the power policy manager experienced a fatal error.
    This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

:)

YShunIC, Dec 5, 2018
  2. Smurfmans Win User

Frequent and random appearing BSOD 'internal power error'.

Here are the magician screenshots:

Disk Drive

BSoD Internal Power Error after changing SSD [​IMG]

SMART button:

These tests didn't take long. Perhaps I missed a checkbox?

Also good to mention, I always get this message when starting " Samsung Magician":

I installed the SSD drive during Christmas 2016. I tried different drivers etc, but this message always came back.
    As my PC worked perfectly at that time, I let it rest in the end and used the lastest microsoft driver that windows update installed.

As to the steps in post #22. I did not yet executed these steps, so I cannot give you an update just yet.
    I hesitate a bit, because they seem to bring me in a new level of computer repair&analysis - into an area that is new to me. A bit out of my "comfort zone", and I need time to familiarize myself with these enhanced steps, so that I feel myself capable enough of doing them, without fearing to screw up my PC. Please give me some time for this. BSoD Internal Power Error after changing SSD :) I will try to do this during this weekend.

I also didn't come round into doing steps 10 and 11 from post #8. Should I still do these?

Smurfmans, Dec 5, 2018
  3. Smurfmans Win User

Hereby the result of step 5 and 6 for Model WDC WD10

D drive

E drive

Smurfmans, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Smurfmans Win User

And hereby the result of step 5 and 6 for Model Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB.
    (in windows10, this is my boot C-drive)

I did this in "full" command prompt mode [started win10 in command prompt mode], because when I tried it in a command prompt window within win10, I got the error that it could not get exclusive rights to this drive. I hope this is OK.

In "full" command prompt mode, the Model Samsung SSD 850 EVO apparently got drive letter E.

Now, I will continu to step 7.
    Please let me know in case I did something wrong in steps 1 through 6.

Smurfmans, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSoD Internal Power Error after changing SSD - Similar Threads - BSoD Internal Power

2. BSOD : Internal power error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD : Internal power error: I have tried installing every possible driver and making all the changes still the system is restarting when left idle.before you ask me to upload dump files, here is the link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GF4GutwEqPbcboLO_sy_WnxzsbvVNQ4v/view?usp=sharingI need some...
  3. BSOD : Internal power error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD : Internal power error: I have tried installing every possible driver and making all the changes still the system is restarting when left idle.before you ask me to upload dump files, here is the link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GF4GutwEqPbcboLO_sy_WnxzsbvVNQ4v/view?usp=sharingI need some...
  4. BSOD internal power error caused by ntoskernel.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD internal power error caused by ntoskernel.exe: Hi I got some bsod before. Although I haven't got the bsod again for some time, I would like to figure out what really caused this. Please see the link for the dump files. I have tried updating gpu driver and stuff...
  5. BSOD internal power error caused by ntoskernel.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD internal power error caused by ntoskernel.exe: Hi I got some bsod before. Although I haven't got the bsod again for some time, I would like to figure out what really caused this. Please see the link for the dump files. I have tried updating gpu driver and stuff...
  6. BSOD internal power error caused by ntoskernel.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Repeated Internal Power Error BSOD

Repeated Internal Power Error BSOD: Hello,I have been experiencing repeated BSOD of internal power failures. They occur when the battery is lower however I never receive any low battery warning and it will at times shut off around 20% but then state 0% but when starts up following the BSOD. If I keep the laptop...
  8. BSOD - Internal Power Error

BSOD - Internal Power Error: Good Afternoon! I noticed suddenly that my MacBook Pro Bootcamp suddenly crashed and went into the BSOD. The error was an internal power error, and here is the dmp file to help understand what happened. I'm not sure how to read the dump file, so I'd appreciate any help. Thank...
  9. Constant internal power error BSOD

Constant internal power error BSOD: Hello, I have a XPS 9365 that has been experiencing issues with BSOD relatively consistently since July. The latest Windows update (1903) has appeared to make the issues much worse. I recently reinstalled windows in an attempt to fix the consistent BSOD, but the Dell...
  10. BSOD INTERNAL POWER ERROR After Hibernation Mode

BSOD INTERNAL POWER ERROR After Hibernation Mode: About a week ago I noticed an occasional BSOD with the following stopcode: INTERNAL POWER ERROR. This only occurs after my computer goes into hibernation mode. I see the BSOD when I try to take the computer out of hibernation. It started out as an occasional incident, but...