Windows 10: BSOD: INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR related to eSATA enclosure/disks

Discus and support BSOD: INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR related to eSATA enclosure/disks in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Mediasonic four-port disk enclosure that only allows hot-swapping disks in eSATA mode (it also supports USB 3, but without the swapping... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Thenin, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Thenin Win User

BSOD: INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR related to eSATA enclosure/disks

I have a Mediasonic four-port disk enclosure that only allows hot-swapping disks in eSATA mode (it also supports USB 3, but without the swapping feature). BTW, the USB 3 mode works fine with all my disks. So I bought this eSATA card, which seems to work fine, by which I mean that all the right messages appear during the BIOS pre-boot stage along with the correct disk drive names.

But often when I boot up (into 64-bit Windows 10 Pro 1903), after a while I see the spinning dots stop cold for about 8-10 seconds (which it never does otherwise). Then it continues through the Metro boot loader where I choose my OS, but not long afterwards I see the BSOD in question. This only happens when I have drives inserted into the enclosure in eSATA mode.

Here's the collector data: OASUS-(2019-10-23_13-34-12).zip - Google Drive

Thanks for your time and assistance!

:)

Thenin, Oct 23, 2019
  2. theeldest Win User

eSATA HDD enclosure (muliple disks) - Does it exist?

Hey Everyone,

I'm going to be doing an upgrade soon and will have five 640GB disks hanging around. I'd like to use this for off site backup.

I'd like an external enclosure that will accommodate 5 drives and connect via a single e-sata port (I'm assuming external power adapter would be required).

RAID isn't necessary. Just the ability to connect multiple drives via a single eSATA. Is this possible? Is there an enclosure that would do this?

Thanks!

theeldest, Oct 23, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    eSATA HDD enclosure (muliple disks) - Does it exist?

you clearly havent looked at my sig yet *Stick Out Tongue BSOD: INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR related to eSATA enclosure/disks :p (second link)

Mussels, Oct 23, 2019
  4. alexsubri Win User

eSata HD or Regular HD?

The eSATA port that comes with the Storm Sniper Scout case. My motherboard is listed under my sepcs

alexsubri, Oct 23, 2019
Thema:

1. BSOD: INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR related to eSATA enclosure/disks - Similar Threads - BSOD INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR related

2. INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR BSOD Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR BSOD Windows 10: Hi. I have a Lenovo X1 that is running into INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR bugcheck when user the laptop. This issue is intermittent but it's happening quite a few times for the past couple of months to be annoying, especially after a hibernation when all hibernation data is lost after...
  3. Frequent INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR BSOD: HISTORY I built my computer with my dad about 6 years ago and it has been generally well-performing in that time. My general level of tech knowledge is going to be less than some users of this forum but my desire to fix this problem is strong, so please be patient if I ask...
  4. 4 bay external enclosure (non raid) connected to esata/sata

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    4 bay external enclosure (non raid) connected to esata/sata: 4 bay external enclosure (non raid) - connected via esata cable to sata port on mobo. win 10 19042.631 64bit asus Z87-a mobo drivers up to date Mediasonic ProBox HF2-SU3S2 AHCI in bios Enclosure works fine on usb3.0 trying to free up a usb port and some speed by using esata....
  5. BSOD internal_power_error when removing SD card

BSOD internal_power_error when removing SD card: Laptop: Lenovo S5 2nd gen, Windows 1809 Memory Dump: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Vspx-E4v9Ouprweny5TNxFqDfsUEHO0f https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-internalpowererror-when-removing-sd-card/41385a95-c96b-4100-a7d2-22c9c3ca9a17
  6. INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR: Everytime I boot my computer it occur a BSOD witch the description is power policy manager experienced a fatal error and the bugcheck code is 0xA0 (0x10E, 0xA, 0x7F85, 0xE6C8). Heres the link with the dumps: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GVCyOSQcQG4-xgkr0KE09xJ1ga9AHSt6...
  7. BSOD on boot: 'ntoskrnl.exe' 'INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR'

BSOD on boot: 'ntoskrnl.exe' 'INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR': Hi this is not the only BSOD I have been getting but the only one I have managed to log. Some things I have recently done: created a virtual machine and added another monitor using my onboard graphics card. I can't pin point when the crashes began. But also last year I had my...
  8. INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR BSOD while playing beamng drive

INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR BSOD while playing beamng drive: Today I got an INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR BSOD while playing beamng drive. it happened twice once as soon as I entered a race and one after about 10 minutes of playing. I'm wondering what is causing this. I don't know if it is the game causing it or something else that just happens...
  9. BSOD - Internal_power_error Keeps coming up

BSOD - Internal_power_error Keeps coming up: Hi guys The BSOD - Internal_power_error keeps coming up (every few hours) after a few softwares were installed several days ago, and then the system restarts. The softwares include AVG PC Tuneup 2016 Acronis True Image 2016 KMPLAYER, etc Here's what I've done to try...
  10. Internal_Power_Error

Internal_Power_Error: I'm getting this error message about every other time I boot up. I just finished a clean install,and am still getting this same error message. 20221