Windows 10: BSOD into Preparing Automatic Repair loop and unable to reach safe mode

Discus and support BSOD into Preparing Automatic Repair loop and unable to reach safe mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Recently I had received a blue screen with the error of "irql_not_less_or_equal." After my pc had restarted, it has been stuck in a preparing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RNTwa, Jun 30, 2020.

1. RNTwa Win User

BSOD into Preparing Automatic Repair loop and unable to reach safe mode

Hello,

Recently I had received a blue screen with the error of "irql_not_less_or_equal." After my pc had restarted, it has been stuck in a preparing automatic repair loop. It will stop loading during the preparing automatic repair screen and then turn black. It will then try again without showing the "preparing automatic repair" text, freeze once more while loading, and then repeat the process, swapping back to the preparing automatic repair screen the following attempt.

After researching potential fixes, many suggestions have given the idea to access safe mode. However, hard resetting has not worked to reach that. I also tried using Windows Media Creation Tool to put Windows 10 on a bootable us to no avail. The usb is able to be booted however before any options come up such as installing Windows 10 or repairing windows, I get the same blue screen error of "irql_not_less_or_equal" when the windows logo pops up.

So far I've tried a handful of other troubleshooting ideas that I have come across such as removing and reinserting ram, removing all other devices and storage from the usb ports, removing the ssd when trying to boot, using a different version of windows to boot up from the usb, and currently I am testing the ram to see if they are potentially faulty.

I am not well versed in troubleshooting and so any and all help would be appreciated. Also, I have no problems wiping the ssd clean and losing or reinstalling windows 10 if need be.

Thank you for your time.

:)

RNTwa, Jun 30, 2020
  2. philc43 Win User

HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED and Preparing Automatic Repair loop

Hello Les,

Have you checked other threads on these forums to see if there are any suggestions you can try.

Here's one to try: Windows 10 preparing automatic repair loop

philc43, Jun 30, 2020
  3. preparing automatic repair Loop!!

I tried Everything in repair mode. Start up repair, system restore( cant click next because it says "You must enable system protection on this drive). I even tried command prompt method to restore but while restoring i get another message system restore did not complete successfully with detail message of "system restore failed while restoring the registry from the restore point 0x80070002" Please help

BSOD into Preparing Automatic Repair loop and unable to reach safe mode [​IMG]

I Have windows 10 copy from the Microsoft website and my computer is "Asua Esstional asus essential series".

djsunny510, Jun 30, 2020
  4. BSOD into Preparing Automatic Repair loop and unable to reach safe mode

"Preparing automatic repair" loop

Right now, I am unable to access my pc (Windows 10 desktop). My pc has decided to randomly go into a "preparing automatic repair" loop and seemingly refuses to start no matter what I do. I have a USB recovery drive
    but it seems to do the sam thing as the other two drives (I have windows on a HHD and another on my SSD) are both experiencing the same issue. Whenever I try to use safe mode, when I click restart in the startup settings, it immediately goes back to "preparing
    automatic repair ".

That is what I had sent Microsoft support and they were little to no help:

I have tried almost everything - restores resets, I would try safe mode but it doesn't even launch, I tried to use a recovery USB, but that did nothing to help out my situation.

Ryan Boldy, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

BSOD into Preparing Automatic Repair loop and unable to reach safe mode

1. BSOD into Preparing Automatic Repair loop and unable to reach safe mode - Similar Threads - BSOD Preparing Automatic

2. Preparing automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preparing automatic repair loop: My PC keeps getting on this screen no matter how many loops it takes it will only loop back on this screen. This is a desktop computer and I just turn it on today and results on this. I remember updates happened, but it was last week. I dont think that is related so I want to...
  3. BSOD and "preparing automatic repair" loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD and "preparing automatic repair" loop: Hello,After upgrading to windows 11, my laptop Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52 , started freezing randomly. This was non existent in win 10.Now its booting to a BSOD page witht the stop code "ntfs file system" On next restart it boots to " preparing automatic repair" page which keeps...
  4. BSOD and "preparing automatic repair" loop

BSOD and "preparing automatic repair" loop: Hello,After upgrading to windows 11, my laptop Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52 , started freezing randomly. This was non existent in win 10.Now its booting to a BSOD page witht the stop code "ntfs file system" On next restart it boots to " preparing automatic repair" page which keeps...
  5. Preparing automatic repair loop

Preparing automatic repair loop: My laptop doesn't boot from preparing automatic repair screen. So, I installed windows 10 home and did a software update. It worked fine for a day and then this loop whenever I boot the laptop. I even thought it would be slower because of hdd and left it on for the whole...
  6. "Preparing automatic repairs" loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Preparing automatic repairs" loop: My laptop is stuck in a "preparing automatic repairs" loop. I can't get out of it. I've tried the following: Tried getting it into safe mode no go. Buttons don't overview the screen Tried pressing the start button three times. No dice. It still goes to "preparing automatic...
  7. Preparing for automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Preparing for automatic repair loop: My system isn’t booting, the wheel is making its loops but nothing else happens. When I restart it 3 times automatic repair shows up. It’s doing something for a long time a few hours now and nothing happens. This is the second time I have this issue. For the first time I was...
  8. Preparing Automatic Repair loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Preparing Automatic Repair loop: I did a system restore to stop some startup apps from appearing and to keep my pc up to speed. After finishing this I tried to startup a game on my desktop. However the game said that some files were missing. So I restarted my pc but went into the preparing automatic reapir...
  9. preparing automatic repair Loop!!

in Windows 10 Support
    preparing automatic repair Loop!!: I tried Everything in repair mode. Start up repair, system restore( cant click next because it says "You must enable system protection on this drive). I even tried command prompt method to restore but while restoring i get another message system restore did not complete...
  10. Preparing Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Preparing Automatic Repair Loop: I'm stuck in an automatic repairing loop I guess and the things I've tried so far haven't worked. I tried doing the 3 power-offs and I got to the blue screen, but when I tried to go into safe mode it just brought me to this[IMG] I also tried resetting the PC while keeping...