Windows 10: BSOD IRQL less than or equal to error

Discus and support BSOD IRQL less than or equal to error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; HI, Since upgrading from 8.1 to 10 my PC often blue screens with the IRQL less than or equal to error. It appears to happen more often that not if i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tgrover, Aug 19, 2015.

1. tgrover Win User

BSOD IRQL less than or equal to error

HI,

Since upgrading from 8.1 to 10 my PC often blue screens with the IRQL less than or equal to error. It appears to happen more often that not if i have sound playing at the time. I have upgraded all of my drivers to the latest ones and even on the sound card tried earlier drivers as well. When i look in the Debug file it always points back to Hal.Dll as the driver that caused the fault.

if anyone can assist i would be very grateful.

:)

tgrover, Aug 19, 2015

2. Never ending cycle of multiple BSOD,hang ups, freezes,

Thanks for your help! Ia appreciate it!

I backed up the hdd.

Right now I am trying to get the clean install of Windows 10 put on the hdd but I keep getting the following BSOD messages:

Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal (storahci.sys)

Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal (storport.sys)

IRQL Not Less or Equal

Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap

Kernel Security Check Failure

Page Fault in Nonpaged Area

After a BSOD the computer restarts.

Any suggestions?

GregWardTRI, Aug 19, 2015
  3. IRQL less than or equal to (BSOD) when playing Black Desert Online

Hi,

The error message that you are getting usually occurs when a driver uses an incorrect memory address. If you are also seeing
    ndis. sys in the screen, it means that outdated or corrupted network driver files are the probable cause. Can you send us a screenshot of the error message, so we can take a closer look?

In the meantime, you may refer to this link to troubleshoot blue screen errors.

Keep us in the loop.

Aileen Alf, Aug 19, 2015
  4. Boozad Win User

Your Fireface Firewire soundcard driver has been flagged. It's very old and needs updating, check for an updated version here. If you can't find one uninstall the card for testing purposes.
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for fireface_64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for fireface_64.sys Probably caused by : 1394ohci.sys ( 1394ohci!IsochTx::Release+172 ) Followup: MachineOwner --------- 5: kd> lmvm fireface_64 start end module name fffff800`a4f50000 fffff800`a4f72380 fireface_64 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: fireface_64.sys Image path: fireface_64.sys Image name: fireface_64.sys Timestamp: Fri Nov 27 15:09:44 2009 (4B0FEBB8) CheckSum: 0002F63E ImageSize: 00022380 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]
    Kaspersky is also causing problems. Uninstall Kaspersky and use native Defender coupled with MalwareBytes.

BSOD IRQL less than or equal to error [​IMG]
    Note Make sure you uncheck the 'Enable Free Trial' box when installing.

BSOD IRQL less than or equal to error [​IMG]

Code: ffffd000`25108360 fffff800`a38b4b00Unable to load image klif.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for klif.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for klif.sys klif+0xc4b00[/quote]
    Uninstall Gigabyte App Center, a proven cause of BSODs.

Free up the startup, Windows only needs the AV to start with it. You have a massive 27 entries in Startup.

Code: GarminExpressTrayApp "C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\Express Tray\ExpressTray.exe" NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM OneDriveSetup C:\Windows\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe /thfirstsetup NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE OneDriveSetup C:\Windows\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe /thfirstsetup NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE Dropbox Dropbox.lnk GUEST1\Tim Samsung Magician Samsung Magician.lnk GUEST1\Tim ISUSPM Startup C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\ISUSPM.exe -startup GUEST1\Tim swg "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe" GUEST1\Tim AirVideoServerHD C:\Program Files (x86)\AirVideoServer HD\AirVideoServerStarter.exe GUEST1\Tim uTorrent "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe" /MINIMIZED GUEST1\Tim DVSSkypeRecorder "C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDVideoSoft\Free Video Call Recorder for Skype\skyui.exe" /minimized GUEST1\Tim Spotify "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\Spotify.exe" -autostart -minimized GUEST1\Tim Dropbox Update "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Dropbox\Update\DropboxUpdate.exe" /c GUEST1\Tim GarminExpressTrayApp "C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\Express Tray\ExpressTray.exe" GUEST1\Tim OneDrive "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\OneDrive.exe" /background GUEST1\Tim Spotify Web Helper "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\SpotifyWebHelper.exe" GUEST1\Tim GarminExpressTrayApp "C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\Express Tray\ExpressTray.exe" .DEFAULT GoPro Importer C:\PROGRA~2\GoPro\Tools\Importer\GOPROI~1.EXE Public StartTranzPortApplet TranzPortApplet.exe Public FirefaceTray fireface.exe Public FirefaceMixTray2 TotalMixFX.exe Public IgfxTray "C:\Windows\system32\igfxtray.exe" Public HotKeysCmds "C:\Windows\system32\hkcmd.exe" Public Persistence "C:\Windows\system32\igfxpers.exe" Public IAStorIcon "C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology\IAStorIconLaunch.exe" "C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology\IAStorIcon.exe" 60 Public SamsungRapidApp C:\Program Files (x86)\Samsung\RAPID\CacheFilter\SamsungRapidApp.exe Public iTunesHelper "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe" Public NvBackend "C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\Update Core\NvBackend.exe" Public ShadowPlay C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvspcap64.dll,ShadowPlayOnSystemStart Public RTHDVCPL "C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVCpl64.exe" -s Public FirefaceMixTray firefacemix.exe[/quote]

Boozad, Aug 19, 2015
  5. tgrover Win User
    Hi thanks for the reply.

I actually rolled back the driver on the fireface to an original one i knew was solid thinking it might be the newer driver but still does it so will revert that back to the newest. I also only installed gigabyte app after this happened just to help get the latest drivers but will remove this as well.

i have removed all the startups programs I don't think that are required and paused kaspersky indefinitely and replaced with defender and malware bytes.

I will report back to see if any of these changes have fixed it.. as its a little intermittent with doing it.

Thanks for your help so far

tgrover, Aug 19, 2015
  6. Boozad Win User
    You're welcome, keep us posted.

Boozad, Aug 19, 2015
  7. tgrover Win User
    hi unfortunately its still doing it

I have followed all your recommendations and hoping you might be able to take another look. I have created a new Debug file.

Thanks for your time

tgrover, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD IRQL less than or equal to error - Similar Threads - BSOD IRQL less

2. BSOD irql less than or equal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD irql less than or equal: I have tried updating anything I could find, and uninstalling the drivers I installed that started the issue stupid soundblaster g6 but I'm still getting BSODsI have a dump file I even tried looking at it in the debug tool but still couldn't figure out what driver is causing...
  3. BSOD irql less than or equal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD irql less than or equal: I have tried updating anything I could find, and uninstalling the drivers I installed that started the issue stupid soundblaster g6 but I'm still getting BSODsI have a dump file I even tried looking at it in the debug tool but still couldn't figure out what driver is causing...
  4. BSOD due to IRQL not less than equal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD due to IRQL not less than equal: I get a IRQL BSOD, with the DMP file being stored after the crash. I don't understand the DMP file enough to work out which driver might be causing it. Could I kindly request some assistance? Happy to upload the DMP file....
  5. BSOD due to IRQL not less than equal

BSOD due to IRQL not less than equal: I get a IRQL BSOD, with the DMP file being stored after the crash. I don't understand the DMP file enough to work out which driver might be causing it. Could I kindly request some assistance? Happy to upload the DMP file....
  6. KBDCLASS.SYS IRQL NOT EQUAL OR LESS THAN - bsod for a friend

KBDCLASS.SYS IRQL NOT EQUAL OR LESS THAN - bsod for a friend: Got a reoccurring BSOD, and I'll upload some minidumps for it. Friend's laptop.He has a USB headset, a USB mouse, and a USB cooling stand with fans that cannot be controlled.Bluescreens say DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL kbdclass.sys. I believe the latest 3 of the minidumps...
  7. BSOD error IRQL not less or equal

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD error IRQL not less or equal: My windows 10 keeps freezing and then crashing with the error code 'irql not less or equal'. It's been several months now. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, and updated drivers. No problem for a while but crashes resume in a few days. None of the command prompts like scannow...
  8. IRQL not less than or equal error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IRQL not less than or equal error: BSOD on my Win 10 64bit. Get "Driver IRGL not less than or equal" and driver is netr28x.sys. Need to know where to get copy of netr28x.sys driver for download....
  9. Driver IRQL not less than or equal

Driver IRQL not less than or equal: What failed: arusb Ihx.sys Any help would be highly appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-irql-not-less-than-or-equal/f42a81a1-6476-4e76-9b7a-a2baf96b845c
  10. BSOD with IRQL not less than or equal

BSOD with IRQL not less than or equal: Hi I was hoping someone can help. Windows 10 machine. I have been getting BSOD with IRQL Not Less or Equal for the past week and can't figure out why. I tried using driver verifier but ended up in a endless loop of BSOD on boot, and ended up having to boot to safe mode...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. irqw equal to or less than bsod