Windows 10: BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL after sitting idle for around five minutes

Discus and support BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL after sitting idle for around five minutes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So this problem cropped up yesterday, and I'm no stranger to it. This Win10 install is relatively fresh, just a few weeks old with not too much being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Superluous, Sep 5, 2018.

1. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL after sitting idle for around five minutes

So this problem cropped up yesterday, and I'm no stranger to it. This Win10 install is relatively fresh, just a few weeks old with not too much being installed on it. Less than 24 hours ago, I began getting these BSODs out of the blue whenever my computer sits idle.

First and foremost, the system is indeed overclocked but has passed 6 hours stable with Prime95, OCCT and even Linpack, and I've ran several instances of Memtest86+ all to verify there isn't anything wrong hardware wise. But for the sake of troubleshooting, I completely went to stock clocks and still get it after sitting idle.

From what I'm gathering after a bit of reading around, this is indeed something driver level for the most part. Before all this started yesterday, the computer had been on overnight. I checked to see if anything had updated without me knowing, but there were no updates. As far as I know, no software had been installed or updated.

This has been no stranger to me, as this isn't the first time this obscure BSOD popped up out of the blue. Always after a few weeks of running this machine, it'll have fits like this once a week where it just constantly crashes when left idle. Then be okay. Then another week passes and it has another day where it just won't cooperate until another fresh install.

-Edit-
    Edited to include requested DM info.

:)

Superluous, Sep 5, 2018

2. BSOD - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Hi,

I have been experiencing BSODs in the last 4 days.

The last BSOD showed me "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and I don't know what happened.

(I forgot what the previous BSODs error, I believe it was not "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL").

Here is the link for my last 3 minidumps file and MSinfo32.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1MN1Ypl7R3rbmt2VEh0MWxCNzA

Please, I need your help.

Thanks.

Kenny Rizky, Sep 5, 2018
  3. Blue screen with PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT,The devices will be sitting idle, with the screen on and suddenly crash (BSOD).

Original titleBSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL after sitting idle for around five minutes :pDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT on idle PC

Hi,

we are using dell Venue 11 tablets for a business venture. However we have an intermittent issue, once every (few) days, they blue screen with PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. The devices will be sitting idle, with the screen on and suddenly crash (BSOD).

I have attached the windows dump file covering an event. Any light you can shed would be fantastic.

the dump file is available at http://www.woolfitservices.com/dumps/073116-9781-01.dmp

Thanks in advance!

IanWoolfenden, Sep 5, 2018
  4. TushantS Win User

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL after sitting idle for around five minutes

BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal crashes

That is actually the only thing that shows up in the bsod before the pc restarts:

stop code: irql_not_less_or_equal

TushantS, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL after sitting idle for around five minutes

1. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL after sitting idle for around five minutes - Similar Threads - BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL sitting

2. Laptop's touchpad and keyboard freezes after being idle for around 1 minutes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop's touchpad and keyboard freezes after being idle for around 1 minutes.: I bought a new Microsoft Laptop Surface Go 2, and ever since I booted up even while setting up the laptop the touchpad and keyboard freezes after not touching for around 1 minutes. I am sure that the laptop is properly working as the touchscreen works normally even while the...
  3. Computer BSOD every five minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer BSOD every five minutes: Hi, please help me i have a 3 month old computer and it keeps on BSOD every five minutes but has been fine up until today.. im attaching photos of my BSODing if you need to email me please do *** Email address is removed for privacy *** [IMG]...
  4. Programs Won't Open After System Sits Idle?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Programs Won't Open After System Sits Idle?: I just installed the Windows 10 2004 update yesterday and I'm having a problem. All my apps work fine and my PC in general if I'm continuously using it, but if I walk away from it for like 15 mins, come back and try to open any program, they won't open. Including the start...
  5. Computer crashes randomly after sitting idle

Computer crashes randomly after sitting idle: Hey guys, New poster here and im hoping I can get some help. I've tried researching and fixing this on my own but the problem keeps happening. My computer will (seemingly randomly) crash after sitting idle for several minutes. It goes to a blue screen and will produce a...
  6. BSOD When Idle IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

BSOD When Idle IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hello I Have Problem When My Computer be idle happen Bsod I do a lots of solutions without solve problem I have Mindump Files : https://uptobox.com/bzggp9ljdxxx Operating System Windows 10 Pro 64-bit CPU Intel Core i7 @ 3.70GHz 29 °C Coffee Lake 14nm...
  7. BSOD after 5 minutes of idle period

BSOD after 5 minutes of idle period: I run it with Driver verifier... Here is the minidump file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsmlV167rgkYgpx4LdY0oEBs0DGQ9Q NFO file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsmlV167rgkYgpxxbT_NgPU-ISncKg And some previous dumps. https://1drv.ms/f/s!AsmlV167rgkYgpx5OAww_hlaaw2G7A It is a brand...
  8. BSOD error when computer sits idle for 10min+

BSOD error when computer sits idle for 10min+: Im running windows 10 and I've been getting these blue screen errors .. It usually happens when my computer is left idle for over 10-20 mins.. It displays a blue screen and then restarts. At first i had no clue . Later i checked the minidump folder and i found those BSOD log...
  9. BSoD's after 10 minutes idle

BSoD's after 10 minutes idle: This has been going on for about a month. After ten minutes idle, I get a random blue screen. 8 passes of memtest yielded no errors. How many of the 42 .dmp files should I send and how should I send them? Thanks in advance 88850
  10. BSOD after a few minutes of idle

BSOD after a few minutes of idle: After leaving my computer alone for a few minutes my computer restarts with a REGISTRY_ERROR BSOD. I have disabled ".NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319 Critical" and ".NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319 64 Critical" and also ran sfc/scannow with no integrity violation. I uninstalled...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. irql not less or equal after idle

2. win 10 irql_not_less_or_equal idle