Windows 10: BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL crashes when gaming

Discus and support BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL crashes when gaming in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi guys, I just built my computer about 4 days ago, got a blue screen first time playing LEAGUE OF LEGENDS and then didn't happen until today. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by 4122king, Jul 25, 2020.

1. 4122king Win User

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL crashes when gaming

Hi guys,

I just built my computer about 4 days ago, got a blue screen first time playing LEAGUE OF LEGENDS and then didn't happen until today. I played hours of WAREZONE yesterday and didn't have a problem. All part are brand new. Can someone help me? I've attached V2 Log below.

OS Build: OS Build 18362.959
    CPU: Ryzen 3 3100
    GPU: MSI RX570 8GB
    MOBO: Gigabyte A320M-H AM4 Micro-ATX
    RAM: 16GB 3200mhz Vengeance

Please help.
    DESKTOP-IANGDDA-(2020-07-25_13-45-57).zip

:)

4122king, Jul 25, 2020

2. BSOD - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL + PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA: dxgkrnl.s

Hi guys, I've been getting some crashes on my computer lately. Soft crashes from games which do not require a full computer restart. However, I have noted the following:

1) On one occasion when running a semi-GPU intensive program, I experienced a BSOD with the error code: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I don't think I have the .dmp file for this anymore.
    2) I was running a virus scan overnight and turned my monitors off. By the next morning, when I turned on my monitors (and pressing keys on my keyboard to wake it up), I was met with a BSOD. Checking the minidump file indicated to me that the BSOD only occurred when I sent input to my keyboard, meaning that the scan and PC was running all night/morning, up until that point. In this minidump, it pinpointed that dxgkrnl.sys failed.

What I have done to troubleshoot:

• Full scan with Malwarebytes and Windows Defender
    • Uninstall Nvidia drivers with DDU and install the most recent drivers (and even tried an older one too)
    • Full mem86 test - PASS
    • Furmark test - no crashes

Speccy: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/5...C5pA6kCPd2lFVL

• Specs:
    • Windows 10 Pro (V. 1803)
    • GTX1080
    • Tomahawk B350
    • 16GB RAM @ 3200Mhz

Appreciate any suggestions or advice to keep this from happening!

anonalchemist, Jul 25, 2020
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jul 25, 2020
  4. BennyBenX Win User

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Troubleshooting

Hello I just experienced a BSOD with error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL from playing a new game called "Anthem".

Are you able to tell me what caused the system failure from my crash files? Thank you

Crash Files.zip

BennyBenX, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

1. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL crashes when gaming - Similar Threads - BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL crashes

2. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSoD when gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSoD when gaming: So for the last couple of weeks, I've been getting blue screens of death after about 20-30 minutes of playing a game. It seems to have started quite suddenly. My PC was overclocked and XMP was on so I've reset that to default in case that was causing any issues. I've got 16GB...
  3. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSoD Crashes

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSoD Crashes: I recently updated to the latest version of Windows 10 on my PC, and I don't 100% know if the bluescreen errors occured maybe before I updated windows or right after. Regardless, they have been occuring a lot. They occur frequently when downloading/installing games or large...
  4. Frequent BSOD crashing IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Frequent BSOD crashing IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: As of recent, my Pc would have a blue screen almost once everyday. It has started to get annoying and I have found out it has been caused by ntoskernl.exe I am running windows 10, 16 GB ram RTX 2070AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Here are the link to the dump...
  5. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD when downloading a game in Steam

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD when downloading a game in Steam: I recently got myself a new PC, i installed Windows 10 Education with a bootable USB-Stick and downloaded and installed all the drivers. I can browse the Internet for hours and hours and nothing bad ever happens, but whenever I start a download in Steam my PC crashes and I...
  6. Always IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD; occurs strictly when gaming

Always IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD; occurs strictly when gaming: Over the past few months, I have been experiencing this BSOD at random times whenever I'm gaming. It usually happens after an extended period of time (at least 30 minutes), and it seems to happen for any game. The BSODs I experience are always the same....
  7. BSOD when running any game "irql_not_less_or_equal"

BSOD when running any game "irql_not_less_or_equal": Hello everyone, hopefully someone here can help me with this issue I've been having on and off for the past few months. I built this PC myself back in October using new parts and a PSU and one backup HDD from my old build. It has been running great up until around...
  8. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL crashes when gaming

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL crashes when gaming: So glad there is a forum for this, I've been trying for a while to fix this problem. Basically my computer BSODs quite frequently and almost selectively while playing the popular game CS:GO. My CPU and graphics card are properly cooled and graphics driver is up-to-date....
  9. BSOD When Gaming: "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

BSOD When Gaming: "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL": I'm having this problem primarily when I play GTA 5 in which I get an occassional BSOD with the same message every time - IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL. Help as to what the cause is and how to prevent this would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance -Alfredo (The necessary...
  10. Laptop crashes when I play a game (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Laptop crashes when I play a game (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL): Card details: Geforce GTX 670M 3GB GDDR5 (2x) Geforce GTX 675M 2GB GDDR5 The error I was getting before going to windows 10 was "Nividia GeForce GTX 670m device is not removable and cannot be ejected or unplugged." This would happen and kick me out of a game and the...