Windows 10: BSOD: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, Driver Verifier Running

Discus and support BSOD: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, Driver Verifier Running in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; There's been frequent BSODs on an ASUS G752VS laptop. Have run scf, no problems. Have run memtest86 with 4 passes and later with 8 passes. No errors.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Zeedx, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Zeedx Win User

BSOD: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, Driver Verifier Running

There's been frequent BSODs on an ASUS G752VS laptop. Have run scf, no problems. Have run memtest86 with 4 passes and later with 8 passes. No errors. Driver Verifier has been running for multiple days. Crashes are possibly GPU related. GPU drivers have been uninstalled using DDU and reinstalled from the ASUS download center. At the moment GPU drivers are uninstalled.

I have posted about this problem on this other forum already: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/for...ys-windows-10/

:)

Zeedx, Jan 15, 2019

2. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD and SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION After Running Driver Verifier

Hi guys.

Yesterday I got a classic BSOD of IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL on my Windows 10 laptop, caused by ntoskrnl.exe (according to BlueScreenView). After assuming that there's gotta be a corrupted driver, I ran the
    Driver Verifier from Command Prompt. From here, two SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION BSODs appeared after I had restarted my laptop.

Here is the link to the minidump files https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=14469D7BFCA24511!1101&authkey=!AG121HIV6ephnoU&ithint=file,rar

Can anyone please help me in finding the problematic driver from the minidump files? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Nathaniel Aditya, Jan 15, 2019
  3. ShyamBh Win User
    Getting random BSOD (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL)

Hello MS-Community,

I have been getting bugged by this for over a week now. I have a Dell 5547 laptop which had Win8.1 preinstalled in it. I installed Ubuntu over it in a different disk partition after a month of purchase. After that , I have been getting random BSOD saying
    'IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL'. There isn't a fixed action which triggers the BSOD. I have looked up in the internet and followed one of the suggestions to run the 'Driver Verifier'. However, no luck. Even after running the Driver Verifier, it does not produce a
    detailed dump file.

It is also worth noting that I clean installed Windows 10 replacing Windows8.1. All went fine for 3 or 4 days but as soon as I installed the GRUB repair for my dual-boot in my laptop, boom! I've been getting bombed by this BSOD time and again. It is really
    frustrating.

I have attached the two dmp files along with this. One is prior to running the 'Driver Verifier' (giving the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bsod) and the second one is after (giving a differed bsod 'SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION').

Link to the dmp files are below:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B69CgBuwDd31dG5Ldk1tRC1UX28

Please Help!

Much Thanks.

ShyamBh, Jan 15, 2019
  4. GuyDor Win User

wdiwifi.sys and hal.sys cause BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL on Win 10

Hi Radney,

Tnx for reply.

So you suggest to run verifier on WiFi driver ?

What should I expect to get? will it create a report or cause a BSOD?

Do you suggest taking the following path in verifier?

Create standard setting -> select driver name from a list ->

than choose only the Intel Wifi driver OR only wdiwifi from microsoft OR both ?

Tnx

Guy

GuyDor, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

1. BSOD: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, Driver Verifier Running - Similar Threads - BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Driver

2. BSOD when running driver verifier

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when running driver verifier: Background: For years my Alienware R3 laptop has been unstable. It seems to relate to drivers and perhaps hardware, but I've never figured it out. The most stable configuration seems to be to disable the Intel graphics driver, leaving the NVIDIA graphics driver enabled. If I...
  3. BSOD when running driver verifier

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD when running driver verifier: Background: For years my Alienware R3 laptop has been unstable. It seems to relate to drivers and perhaps hardware, but I've never figured it out. The most stable configuration seems to be to disable the Intel graphics driver, leaving the NVIDIA graphics driver enabled. If I...
  4. Diagnosing BSOD with Driver Verifier running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Diagnosing BSOD with Driver Verifier running: Hello, I have recently been trying to figure out why my system has been crashing. Crashes usually only occur while playing Assetto Corsa but will rarely occur while shutting down my PC. I have attempted to test my hardware using Memtest 86, Prime 95, Cinebench, 3DMark, etc...
  5. Diagnosing BSOD with Driver Verifier running

Diagnosing BSOD with Driver Verifier running: Hello, I have recently been trying to figure out why my system has been crashing. Crashes usually only occur while playing Assetto Corsa but will rarely occur while shutting down my PC. I have attempted to test my hardware using Memtest 86, Prime 95, Cinebench, 3DMark, etc...
  6. Diagnosing BSOD with Driver Verifier running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Bsod after running driver verifier

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod after running driver verifier: Hi there guys... My PC is crashing so I have been advised to run driver Verifier and wait for 2,3 crashes... So here are minidumps after running driver verifier... https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ObcftWEibB5Bgk76-5pluvDZ8uYngY--/view?usp=drivesdk...
  8. Bsod after running driver verifier

Bsod after running driver verifier: Hi there guys... My PC is crashing so I have been advised to run driver Verifier and wait for 2,3 crashes... So here are minidumps after running driver verifier... https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ObcftWEibB5Bgk76-5pluvDZ8uYngY--/view?usp=drivesdk...
  9. Running driver verifier for BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running driver verifier for BSOD: Dear all,Please help me with the following :1. How to check whether driver verifier is running ?2. How to disable driver verifier with elevated command prompt ?3. What is elevated command prompt ?...
  10. Running driver verifier for BSOD

Running driver verifier for BSOD: Dear all,Please help me with the following :1. How to check whether driver verifier is running ?2. How to disable driver verifier with elevated command prompt ?3. What is elevated command prompt ?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. driver verifier driver irql