Windows 10: BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal only at first cold boot of the day

Discus and support BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal only at first cold boot of the day in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been having the strangest behavior from my EVGA SR-2 dual Xeon system for the past week or so. The only new software that has been added is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jabloomf1230, Oct 30, 2015.

1. BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal only at first cold boot of the day

I have been having the strangest behavior from my EVGA SR-2 dual Xeon system for the past week or so. The only new software that has been added is the beta nVidia driver 358.59. Now, I could just uninstall it and revert back to the WHQL driver (355.98) that I had installed, but the BSOD is so odd, that I thought someone might be interested in it.

It is the "irql" BSOD and it occurs only after the first cold boot of the day. Turning the computer off and then cold booting it again never throws the BSOD. The system runs flawlessly otherwise. Here's how I solved it temporarily. I turned on the "Fast Start" option in Win 10. Why I hadn't done this before anyway, I don't know. Now, the system boots up like lightning and never throws the BSOD.

My zip file is attached for the curious, helpful and otherwise.

:)

jabloomf1230, Oct 30, 2015

2. BSOD: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, SYSTEM_THREAD_NOT_HANDLED

Greetings,

last week i made some hardware changes to my laptop (lenovo z70-80). I installed a new ssd and upgraded my 4gb RAM to 16 gb RAM . The next day i experienced some BSOD errors (only at a cold startup, after the reboot of the system everything works just fine).
    Most commonly the cause of BSOD was SYSTEM_THREAD_NOT_HANDLED and just lately the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I post the info from the last BSOD as got from blue screen viewer :

Bug Check String;

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Bug Check Code: 0x0000000a

Parameter1: 00000000`00060001

Parameter2: 00000000`000000ff

Parameter3: 00000000`00000000

Parameter4: fffff802`8266bf72

Caused by Driver: ntoskrnl.exe

Caused by Address: ntoskrnl.exe+16c580

File Description: NT Kernel & System

thanks in advance.

Orfeas politis, Oct 30, 2015
  3. unexpected store exception

Before I ask this I tried to check all my hardware wire connector PSU and such also did chkdsk SFC/scannow and another thing that I found from another site

even memtest won't show an error

today i tried to turn on my pc w/o shut down it

it's been 2 days only BSOD at first cold boot day before yesterday

now it still normal

fisalsatria, Oct 30, 2015
  4. essenbe Win User

BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal only at first cold boot of the day

Hello jabloomf1230 and welcome to the Forums. Here is what your dump files say.

Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for klim6.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for klim6.sys Probably caused by : klim6.sys ( klim6+2535 ) Followup: MachineOwner[/quote] Which is your Kaspersky Lab Intermediate Network Driver

Code: ffffd001`0a8bf728 fffff801`ce8c8c6dUnable to load image yk63x64.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for yk63x64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for yk63x64.sys yk63x64+0x28c6d[/quote] Which is your NDIS6.30 Miniport Driver for Marvell Yukon Ethernet Controller

Code: ffffd001`0a8bf128 fffff801`cbdd31a5Unable to load image kneps.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for kneps.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for kneps.sys kneps+0x31a5[/quote] Which is again your Kaspersky KNEPS Power driver.

It seems your problem is most likely Kaspersky.

essenbe, Oct 30, 2015
  5. Wow, thanks for the quick response. I'll contact their support with this information. If nothing else, this issue got me interested in the Win 10 fast start facility, which is really a nice option.

jabloomf1230, Oct 31, 2015
  6. essenbe Win User
    It doesn't solve your problem. Fast start stops the computer from shutting down completely. It sends it into a very deep Hibernation state. So, the computer never shuts down completely and therefore does not start from a cold boot, which is when you were having your problem. You are basically, as a Doctor would say, treating the symptoms and not the problem.

I hope it helps you though. If you need further help, let me know. BTW, it isn't your computer?

essenbe, Oct 31, 2015
  7. Yeah, that's why I requested assistance. I knew it was a driver issue and offhand I picked the "usual suspect", the nVidia graphics driver. But as your summary points out, investigation is the only way to resolve these kinds of issues.

I'll follow up here if I get anything interesting in response from Kaspersky, because I'd be surprised if I'm the only one with this issue. Then again, my system is pretty old, so it could be a one of a kind problem.

Oh and it is my computer, why?

8. essenbe Win User

I just misunderstood something you said, it doesn't make any difference. I was just curious. Are you running Windows 8.1 as in your system specs, or Windows 10?

essenbe, Oct 31, 2015
  9. Windows 10. This is my first post here, but I've posted before on the Window Eight and Seven forums before. I better fix that.

EDIT:done - it must have carried over from the other forum.

10. essenbe Win User
    Many, if not most, of the AV's had problems with Windows 10 when it first came out. Most have fixed it now. You may want to check if they have a new version now.

essenbe, Oct 31, 2015
  11. Here's an update. Kaspersky support went through everything and so far the only thing that they can suggest is removing IBM Trusteer Rapport, a security app that was installed when I accessed my bank account online:

IBM Security Trusteer Rapport

Many US banks force this malware detector app on users without a choice and it conflicts with other A/V products. This add-on also apparently is notorious for causing slowdowns in browser response. I managed to uninstall it and am in the process of turning off Fast Start to see if that fixes the BSOD.

Also, Kaspersky A/V was one of the first companies to release a Win 10 compatible update (V16) and I am up to date with it due to automatic updating of the virus library and app (sometimes there are as many as 3 updates in a day).

jabloomf1230, Nov 1, 2015
  12. essenbe Win User
    OK, let me know how it does. If you have another BSOD, upload the DM Log again.

essenbe, Nov 1, 2015
  13. BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal only at first cold boot of the day

So far, removing Trusteer seems to have worked. I'm going to wait a week to see if this is actually solved, because the problem only was occurring on the first cold boot of the day.

jabloomf1230, Nov 1, 2015
  14. essenbe Win User
    Ok, thanks. Just let me know how it does, if you don't mind.

essenbe, Nov 1, 2015
  15. No BSOD since my last post, so that must have been the issue.

jabloomf1230, Nov 5, 2015
Thema:

1. BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal only at first cold boot of the day - Similar Threads - BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal cold

2. Windows BSOD on first boot of day.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows BSOD on first boot of day.: Hello, I recently built a new computer, and it ran fine for a while, but recently, I have been getting a BSOD on the first boot of the day. The PC reboots too quickly for me to read the error messages. Once it has rebooted, it's fine for the rest of the day, and doesn't BSOD...
  3. Windows BSOD on first boot of day.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows BSOD on first boot of day.: Hello, I recently built a new computer, and it ran fine for a while, but recently, I have been getting a BSOD on the first boot of the day. The PC reboots too quickly for me to read the error messages. Once it has rebooted, it's fine for the rest of the day, and doesn't BSOD...
  4. BSOD only on first boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD only on first boot: I've got a problem with my PC crashing only on the first boot. Basically I turn it on, it works for a 10-15-30min and then suddenly crashes. Sometimes it crashes while i'm doing something chrome, games, word, basically any program but it also crashes when i'm doing nothing no...
  5. BSOD only on first boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD only on first boot: I've got a problem with my PC crashing only on the first boot. Basically I turn it on, it works for a 10-15-30min and then suddenly crashes. Sometimes it crashes while i'm doing something chrome, games, word, basically any program but it also crashes when i'm doing nothing no...
  6. BSOD only on first boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. First boot of the day BSOD, IRQL

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    First boot of the day BSOD, IRQL: A few days ago, I installed a new Samsung 970 pro NVME m.2 drive and some Corsair Vengeance RGD Pro DDR4 RAM, and since then, when I power my PC on in the morning, it will BSOD anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours after it cold boots (I shut down every night, and have...
  8. BSOD on cold boot only

BSOD on cold boot only: Hi all, this is a duplicate of this post that I posted in the wrong section. Just delete that post. Sorry for making a mess, I'm new on this forum. So: my problem is with my custom build PC, and any help would be greatly appreciated. My problem is similar to the one...
  9. BSOD on cold boot only

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD on cold boot only: Hi all, I have a problem with my custom build desktop that is a bit annoying, and any help would be greatly appreciated. My problem is similar to the one described here. My problem is that every cold boot (by this I mean a start of the computer after it has been shut down...
  10. BSOD on only cold boots

BSOD on only cold boots: I got a custom built pc for christmas and it has been getting BSOD's since it was built and they have only been happening on cold boots, and the file that is having problems is ntoskrnl. I would love if someone could find the problem that has been going on for weeks. 39014