Windows 10: BSOD (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) probably caused by ntkrnlmp.exe

Discus and support BSOD (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) probably caused by ntkrnlmp.exe in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I am having multiple BSODs with the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL message. I believe the dump files are pointing towards ntkrnlmp.exe but I don't have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sylren, Jun 4, 2016.

1. sylren Win User

BSOD (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) probably caused by ntkrnlmp.exe

Hi

I am having multiple BSODs with the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL message.
    I believe the dump files are pointing towards ntkrnlmp.exe but I don't have a lot of experience with dump files.
    I was wondering if anyone would take a look at the files? (the ones from the 4th of june, the others are way older and I believe unrelated)

thanks!

(if I am in the wrong place for asking or have created a duplicate thread I apologize, this is my first time posting here)

EDIT : Just Bluescreened again, not sure if it is related since its another message but i have updated the dump files

:)

sylren, Jun 4, 2016

2. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (ntkrnlmp.exe)

Figured it out i think. Uninstalled Realtek and Nvidia driver and downloaded the latest ones

MarkusViji, Jun 4, 2016
  3. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (ntkrnlmp.exe)

Hi.

Sadly none of that works. There is a specific crash which keeps happening related to ntkrnlmp.exe.

I uploaded the dump file, someone who knows how to read can tell me what exactly is happening.

MarkusViji, Jun 4, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi sylren,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

Please follow below suggestions and report back how it goes or if any BSOD occurs.

- Please remove Daemon tools, a well known cause for BSODs.
    - Please check your Samsung SSD for firmware updates with Samsung Magician.
    - Please free up space on your D partition to at least 15% free space. Windows needs at least 10-15% free space on each partition to not annoy the user with background stuff Windows performs, preferred at least 15% to be sure no issue occurs.
    - Please remove VirtualBox while troubleshooting.
    Code: ffffd000`65b3d998 fffff800`393aced0Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\VBoxDrv.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for VBoxDrv.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for VBoxDrv.sys VBoxDrv+0x1ced0[/quote] Is TunnelBear a requirement for your daily use?
    The tcpip.sys and netio.sys are Windows network drivers, this gives a possible indication of the network drivers where in most cases the cause is with either VPNs, protection software or USB network adapters.
    Code: ffffd000`2c4ef330 fffff801`27d89320 tcpip!TcpNsiInterfaceDispatch ffffd000`2c4ef338 fffff801`27b3a6e8 NETIO!NsiEnumerateObjectsAllParametersEx+0x1f8 ffffd000`2c4ef340 fffff801`27d881c8 tcpip!TcpInformationObject+0x138[/quote]

axe0, Jun 4, 2016
  5. sylren Win User
    thanks for the quick reply!

I have removed Daemon tools and TunnelBear and I cleared some stuff from the D partition, it should have enough space now.
    Unfortunately I do absolutely need Virtualbox for today (finishing up a final project) but I will remove it as soon as I am done.
    Next I will be checking the SSD with the Samsung Magician.
    Do you also advice I do something about the windows network drivers?

sylren, Jun 4, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    It is a good thing to check for driver updates, but for now it would be better to first see how your system behaves after all suggestions have been applied *Smile

axe0, Jun 4, 2016
  7. sylren Win User
    ok, I will update again when I know more *Smile

sylren, Jun 4, 2016
  8. sylren Win User

I was not yet able to check the SSD yet, but I Bluescreened again and after starting up it bluescreened with a memory at the login screen.
    It then bluescreened again with a memory error before the login screen so I decided to open up the case and take out 1 stick of RAM (im running 2 sticks of 8, so it should be fine with just the one).
    It now booted up normally.
    Do you think the problem could be hardware related? (these last situations seem to suggest so)
    I have also included the new mini dumps

sylren, Jun 4, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
    That certainly looks like it yes, though a reseat may also help *Smile

I would suggest that you run MemTest86+ on this single stick to see if errors pop up.
    Please note, if MemTest86+ doesn't find errors does NOT mean the stick is not faulty.

BSOD (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL)  probably caused by ntkrnlmp.exe [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.
    If errors show up and you see them a lot later, no problem, the errors don't affect the test.

axe0, Jun 4, 2016
  10. sylren Win User
    I will run the memtest on the single stick I have removed now (I think that if one is faulty its that one, since it seems to be working for now) overnight, and report back tomorrow. Should it be ok to run the pc on the single stick for now so I can finish the project or do you advice against it?

sylren, Jun 4, 2016
  11. Adalwar Win User
    You may want to try the Windows Memory Test - Search > MDSCHED.EXE

EDIT: Some months ago I was experiencing something similar with my other Windows 8.1 PC.
    It was even corrupting all my HDD.
    The solution I found was not use my new Wriless Mouse (5GHz) and also I had to uninstall all the updates back to 21.09.2015. I stoped to Update PC, and since 3 Month no more BSOD.

Adalwar, Jun 4, 2016
  12. axe0 New Member
    Hi Adalwar,

Thanks for your suggestion, but MemTest86+ is proven better.
    MemTest86+ has found many times errors where the built-in feature was unable to find them.

13. sylren Win User

I completely forget to finish up this thread, I am sorry.
    The memtest came back positive multiple times, no issues there. The bluescreens kept getting worse however averaging at roughly one bluescreen per 10 minutes. I couldn't use it at all anymore and decided to send the parts back to the store where I bought them.
    They concluded the motherboard to be dead and sent me a new one, everything has been fine since.
    Sorry once again for not finishing this up sooner, and thanks for all the help!

sylren, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) probably caused by ntkrnlmp.exe - Similar Threads - BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL probably

2. frequent BSOD for ntkrnlmp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    frequent BSOD for ntkrnlmp: Hello it's been a while that my pc suddenyl, and without a proper pattern sometimes even by just standing still gets a bsod and pc shuts down totally. I have everything updated, all drivers and even the bios of the mobo but the problem persists. here's the dump For analysis...
  3. frequent BSOD for ntkrnlmp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    frequent BSOD for ntkrnlmp: Hello it's been a while that my pc suddenyl, and without a proper pattern sometimes even by just standing still gets a bsod and pc shuts down totally. I have everything updated, all drivers and even the bios of the mobo but the problem persists. here's the dump For analysis...
  4. Probable cause of "CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION" BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Probable cause of "CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION" BSOD: This is my first experience with this specific BSOD. I have not manually updated any drivers recently so I'm not quite sure of the issue, although it could be related to the NVIDIA display drivers I installed approx 1 month ago.Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version...
  5. Probable cause of "CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION" BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Probable cause of "CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION" BSOD: This is my first experience with this specific BSOD. I have not manually updated any drivers recently so I'm not quite sure of the issue, although it could be related to the NVIDIA display drivers I installed approx 1 month ago.Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version...
  6. Probable cause of "CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION" BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by ntoskrnl.exe

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by ntoskrnl.exe: Version: Windows 10 20H2 OS Build 19042.746 Link: RYZEN-DESKTOP-(2021-01-31_11-39-34).zip - Google Drive 173369
  8. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe: Hi everyone, I've been trying to do almost every solution on the internet about this problem. But even after I reset my pc completely, my pc still crash with the same problem. Can anyone help me about this? Here's my dmp files link :...
  9. bsod probably caused by a driver

bsod probably caused by a driver: i was getting bsod error's for a few days so today i decided to run driver verifier and i got a bsod with driver verifier detected violation error, i viewed the minidump file and this issue is apparently being caused by "SteamStreamingMicrophone.sys" driver, how can i fix...
  10. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by ntoskrnl.exe

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by ntoskrnl.exe: Hey, this has really been causing me a great trouble can you help me with that.... Here is my driver report through driverview_x64. https://filebin.net/wk4sozkntmr6a6r6 Can you help me as soon as possible?...