Windows 10: BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal when playing videogames - Issues with cpuz149_x64.sys and...

Discus and support BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal when playing videogames - Issues with cpuz149_x64.sys and... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My PC is relatively new, and isn't bad at running games. Until recently I've had repeated blue screens when running my games, even at lower settings,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HystericMuse, Apr 6, 2021.

1. BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal when playing videogames - Issues with cpuz149_x64.sys and...

My PC is relatively new, and isn't bad at running games. Until recently I've had repeated blue screens when running my games, even at lower settings, and knowing that I'm not overclocking or overheating the PC whatsoever. I don't know what the issue is, I've scoured the web for an answer for so long now. It either involves cpuz149_x64.sys or ntoskrnl.exe, and is a driver issue. Though I don't know how to update the drivers at all for those. There doesn't seem to be a straight answer, and by checking files or scanning my hardware there is seemingly nothing wrong with this PC at all.

It runs fine off of a game, and can handle things fine usually - However for whatever reason a game can only run for 20 minutes at a time before a BSOD rears it's head.

Here are the two crash reports in case they are needed.

[COLOR=rgba17, 17, 17, 1]On Tue 06/04/2021 15:15:41 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\windows\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: [COLOR=rgba17, 17, 17, 1]cpuz149_x64.sys[/COLOR] cpuz149_x64+0x4395
    Bugcheck code: 0xA 0x12921FF918, 0xF, 0x1, 0xFFFFF800399F1F27
    Error: [COLOR=rgba17, 17, 17, 1]IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL[/COLOR]
    file path: C:\windows\temp\cpuz149\cpuz149_x64.sys
    product: [COLOR=rgba17, 17, 17, 1]CPUID service[/COLOR]
    company: [COLOR=rgba17, 17, 17, 1]CPUID[/COLOR]
    description: CPUID Driver
    Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This is a software bug.
    This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: cpuz149_x64.sys CPUID Driver, CPUID.
    Google query: [COLOR=rgba17, 17, 17, 1]cpuz149_x64.sys CPUID IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL[/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba17, 17, 17, 1]On Tue 06/04/2021 14:23:39 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\windows\Minidump\040621-6328-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: [COLOR=rgba17, 17, 17, 1]ntoskrnl.exe[/COLOR] nt+0x3F5DB0
    Bugcheck code: 0xA 0x552C1FF958, 0xF, 0x1, 0xFFFFF8011CDF1F27
    Error: [COLOR=rgba17, 17, 17, 1]IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL[/COLOR]
    file path: C:\windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: [COLOR=rgba17, 17, 17, 1]Microsoft® Windows® Operating System[/COLOR]
    company: [COLOR=rgba17, 17, 17, 1]Microsoft Corporation[/COLOR]
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This is a software bug.
    This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time. [/COLOR]

:)

HystericMuse, Apr 6, 2021
  2. __AW__ Win User

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL hall.dll ntoskrnl.dll

Have you rebooted since uninstalling cpuz?

cpuz149_x64.sys is still showing in the stack as being the cause.

Path to driver - C:\WINDOWS\temp\cpuz149\cpuz149_x64.sys

__AW__, Apr 6, 2021
  3. ipokrizi Win User
    BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal (bwcW10X64.sys)

Started having Random BSOD like an hour ago after trying to remote connect on my other PC from this one.
    BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal (bwcW10X64.sys)
    I have no idea what to do.
    i attached the ZIP file i got from the program from the BSOD Posting Instruction.

ipokrizi, Apr 6, 2021
  4. BioAcid Win User

BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal when playing videogames - Issues with cpuz149_x64.sys and...

BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal (bwcW10X64.sys) error

Hi,

Been getting the following blue screen error for a bit now. BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal (bwcW10X64.sys)

I have attached the zip file of my BSOD report. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Attachment 96009

BioAcid, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal when playing videogames - Issues with cpuz149_x64.sys and...

1. BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal when playing videogames - Issues with cpuz149_x64.sys and... - Similar Threads - BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal playing

2. DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER BSoD when I play videogames

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER BSoD when I play videogames: Not long ago I bought and installed the BioShock Collection from Steam, Every time I play one of these games BioShock Remastered, BioShock 2 Remastered or BioShock Infinite the game crashes. Sometimes it freezes, sometimes it restarts my PC and now I got a BSoD that showed...
  3. DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER BSoD when I play videogames

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER BSoD when I play videogames: Not long ago I bought and installed the BioShock Collection from Steam, Every time I play one of these games BioShock Remastered, BioShock 2 Remastered or BioShock Infinite the game crashes. Sometimes it freezes, sometimes it restarts my PC and now I got a BSoD that showed...
  4. I can't delete cpuz149_x64.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't delete cpuz149_x64.sys: So I recently got a virus and decided to reset my computer from scratch, but I just realized there is a file in my temp folder called ''cpuz149_x64.sys'' and every time I try to delete it, it says ''cant be deleted because the file is opening in another program'' I tried safe...
  5. BSOD - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALwdf01000.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALwdf01000.sys: I'm having issues with the BSOD type mentioned in the title as it occurs randomly on my new PC build. The minidump is here below. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RK8fstWab4-CCa-HDypy8SBqxpjzk4oP/view?usp=sharing Any help is appreciated....
  6. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hello all :) Since several weeks, i get regularly BSOD after 2-3h of use, involving wdf01000.sys (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL). I tried to find the cause of the problem, but without any success until now. Here you have a link to two dumpfiles :...
  7. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, caused by hal.dll and dxgmms2.sys.

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, caused by hal.dll and dxgmms2.sys.: I have a new PC build that has frequent BSODS. It is always IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, but the drivers responsible seem to vary. Today 4 BSODS caused by hal.dll and 1 BSOD by dxgmms2.sys I have stresstested my system with prime95 and MemTest86 without problems. Running...
  8. Windows 10 multiple random BSODs when playing videogames.

Windows 10 multiple random BSODs when playing videogames.: Some specs: core i7 6700k, ht off, 16 GB ram, 1080ti, mb - asrock z170 oc formula. NOTHING is overclocked. Tests performed - sfcscannow, memtest, checkdsk. No errors. Windows 10 pro is up to date, all possible drivers are also up to date. Can't pinpoint the cause. Please...
  9. BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal (bwcW10X64.sys) error

BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal (bwcW10X64.sys) error: Hi, Been getting the following blue screen error for a bit now. BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal (bwcW10X64.sys) I have attached the zip file of my BSOD report. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. Attachment 96009 60134
  10. BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal (bwcW10X64.sys)

BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal (bwcW10X64.sys): Started having Random BSOD like an hour ago after trying to remote connect on my other PC from this one. BSOD irql_not_less_or_equal (bwcW10X64.sys) I have no idea what to do. i attached the ZIP file i got from the program from the BSOD Posting Instruction. 36598