Windows 10: BSOD issue - help to diagnose

Discus and support BSOD issue - help to diagnose in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just upgraded my processor Intel i3-12100F, Asrock H610m MOBO and 16GB DDr4 3200 memory + install latest version of Windows 11. I get the BSOD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by xatomic, Jan 31, 2023.

1. xatomic Win User

BSOD issue - help to diagnose

I just upgraded my processor Intel i3-12100F, Asrock H610m MOBO and 16GB DDr4 3200 memory + install latest version of Windows 11. I get the BSOD sometimes out of no warning. I looked at the event viewer and there seems to be the LSA error, tried to disable it but still prevail, Tried to reset and reinstall Windows but the system still crash periodically.The dump file as uploaded herehttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AqNhrjqZWrr-2hpIzAPsYQXpQUGc?e=hn5jtnAny expert mind to share its view? Is it a memory stick issue?

:)

xatomic, Jan 31, 2023

2. Diagnosing BSOD Win10

Hi Mouhy,

For us to isolate your Windows 10 performance issue, we need the following information:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?

Normally, this issue happens due to an unexpected shut down or restart. We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps in this
    link.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jan 31, 2023
  3. Help with diagnosing BSoD

Hi Gabi,

To better assist you diagnosing this BSOD issue, please send us a screenshot of the 3 minidump files that you shared using Dropbox.

Looking forward for your reply so we can provide the best solution for you.

Robert Caw, Jan 31, 2023
  4. Kursah Win User

Help diagnose connection issue

I think the OP should look into other ISP options available in their area. Sounds like an issue between signal quality locally and possibly on the WAN side as well. But if it is a pain to get service from a place you're paying for service, I'd be dropping them like a bad habit unless there's no other options.

A couple things I would do is to run a constant ping against the router's IP address and something like Google.

• Click start
    • Type CMD
    • Type ipconfig , document the default gateway as that is the IP address for your router. Common ones are 192.168.0.1, 192.168.1.1, 192.168.2.1. There are others, but I see those three the most as defaults for home-grade routers.
    • Type Ping -t 192.168.0.1 (or whatever your router's IP address is)
    • Open another CMD console (repeat first two steps)
    • Type Ping -t google.com
    Now keep an eye on the ms responses, try to do this at a time when things are good and a time when things are not good. If they're both all over the place its likely a router issue. If just Google is all over the place it is more likely to be your ISP's issue.

A lot of home-grade wireless routers will struggle with more than 5 simultaneous users, but you state that the issues occur when most folks are gone. That leads me to believe that there could be a couple of things happening here. But let me ask a few questions and see where we go. Sorry I have a lot to ask and am very curious about this situation, and hopefully these will help give us direction to getting your issues solved.

What kind of internet service do you have?

Cable? DSL? Line-of-sight wireless? Satellite?...most homebrew ISP's are the Line-of-sight so I'm assuming that's what it is for now.

LoS ISP's can have more outages leading to lower reliability, and they usually have lower quality help with some issues..especially if they're stretched thin over their area. We have a lot of local guys, they all start promising...every one of them ends up being subpar and assholes to deal with .​
    Do these issues occur at the same time of day or is it more random?

You mention a 120ms ping, how are you measuring this?

You also say locally to 120ms, which would be pretty bad actually for a small LAN. You should see 1-10ms in most cases. Can you clarify this?

What are you most frequently doing when the network has these issues? Downloading? Browsing?

I ask the above because viewing and downloading certain content can be detected and filtered by ISP's at which point they will throttle your service...so if it is illegal, then that's getting flagged. Not saying you are, but throwing that out there because it happens. Though in many cases, at least in my area, you'll also receive a warning letter in the mail.​
    As suggested above you could also try another router hooking it up to the LAN port that you had your other PC connected to.

Also as suggested above, you could run Wireshark. Though I have a feeling with the wireless signal issues, something else is at play here.

Does the modem/router reboot frequently as well?

Can you provide us with the make/model of the modem/router please?

Where are you measuring your wireless network's dB signal rating?

Have you tried Acrylic?

Would you and post a screenshot here after say 10 minutes?

If I had to just shoot from the hip and just guess, I'd go with a failing router. With all the wireless network variability issues, the dropouts even on LAN... but line/signal quality from the ISP infrastructure/devices also sounds like a possibility.

Hopefully we'll get ya sorted! A lot of good suggestions that I've seen so far and hopefully we can help you pinpoint what the issue is and where to go from here. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jan 31, 2023
Thema:

1. BSOD issue - help to diagnose - Similar Threads - BSOD issue help

2. Help Diagnosing BSOD WHEA_UNCORRENTABLE_ERROR Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help Diagnosing BSOD WHEA_UNCORRENTABLE_ERROR Issue: In the last 2/3 days my system has become very unstable with frequent BSOD/Crashes with the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR stop code.Prior to this the system has been running reliably, unchanged for months.Sometimes the system will crash a few minutes after signing on to windows,...
  3. Help Diagnosing BSOD WHEA_UNCORRENTABLE_ERROR Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help Diagnosing BSOD WHEA_UNCORRENTABLE_ERROR Issue: In the last 2/3 days my system has become very unstable with frequent BSOD/Crashes with the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR stop code.Prior to this the system has been running reliably, unchanged for months.Sometimes the system will crash a few minutes after signing on to windows,...
  4. BSOD - need help diagnosing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - need help diagnosing: Hi, as explained I need some help diagnosing a BSOD.The issues occur usually once or twice a day, more often when I'm in the process of closing an application usually a game.I've done all windows updates and driver updates I can, I've also upgraded from Win10 to Win11 after a...
  5. BSOD issue - help to diagnose

BSOD issue - help to diagnose: I just upgraded my processor Intel i3-12100F, Asrock H610m MOBO and 16GB DDr4 3200 memory + install latest version of Windows 11. I get the BSOD sometimes out of no warning. I looked at the event viewer and there seems to be the LSA error, tried to disable it but still...
  6. Frequent BSODs, need help diagnosing and fixing the issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSODs, need help diagnosing and fixing the issue: Hi,I have been experiencing very frequent BSODs as of late. From what I can see, the BSODs tend to occur usually with a session of Ableton Live 11 a music production program, but sometimes happen without Ableton either. In case I open an Ableton project a BSOD can occur at...
  7. Frequent BSODs, need help diagnosing and fixing the issue

Frequent BSODs, need help diagnosing and fixing the issue: Hi,I have been experiencing very frequent BSODs as of late. From what I can see, the BSODs tend to occur usually with a session of Ableton Live 11 a music production program, but sometimes happen without Ableton either. In case I open an Ableton project a BSOD can occur at...
  8. Frequent BSODs, need help diagnosing and fixing the issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Help diagnosing BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help diagnosing BSOD: Hello, I recently was hit with a BSOD and was hoping for some help in diagnosing the cause. I think it's a RAM/HDD issue but I'm not entirely sure. Here's the analysis from WinDbg Preview: Loading Dump File [C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP]Kernel Bitmap Dump File: Kernel address...
  10. BSoD Diagnosing! Help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSoD Diagnosing! Help!: My computer keeps BSoDing whenever I play games. In Metal Gear Solid V, I get freezes, which it normally doesn't happen, and in Civilization VI, it either freezes, and crashes, or BSoDs whenever I play after more than 30 minutes. I've gotten three different BSoDs;...