Windows 10: BSOD Issue, password is not recognized for restore, repair etc even after resetting...

Discus and support BSOD Issue, password is not recognized for restore, repair etc even after resetting... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've had a repeated BSOD issue over recent months with Windows 10 updates. Have always been able to fix by booting in safe mode and going back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mark D. Wyckoff, Jul 9, 2024.

1. BSOD Issue, password is not recognized for restore, repair etc even after resetting...

I've had a repeated BSOD issue over recent months with Windows 10 updates. Have always been able to fix by booting in safe mode and going back to previous version and waiting. This time, the option doesn't exist greyed out. Furthermore, when in the "blue screen" I cannot run the restore or startup repair or anything except boot in safe mode--Windows asks for my password, but says it's invalid. I can log into windows elsewhere, and have in fact created a new password that works everywhere else but will not be recognized when I try to launch options from the blue screen such as startup r

:)

Mark D. Wyckoff, Jul 9, 2024
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jul 9, 2024
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your password - Microsoft Support

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jul 9, 2024
  4. Kem Mon Win User

BSOD Issue, password is not recognized for restore, repair etc even after resetting...

Windows 10 wont boot, repair, reset, or system restore

Hi,

The issue occurs due to an
    unfinished update process which
    corrupted the system files. We suggest that you try these troubleshooting
    methods and run the update again:

Method 1:
    Run SFC Scan.

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.

This will check and run an auto-repair on the issue.

Method 2:
    Run DISM Tool.

After running the
    SFC scan
    and the issue still persist, run the
    DISM
    to check the system health and to try restoring the files. To run
    DISM tool, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

NOTE:
    This might take a while
    to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jul 9, 2024
Thema:

BSOD Issue, password is not recognized for restore, repair etc even after resetting...

1. BSOD Issue, password is not recognized for restore, repair etc even after resetting... - Similar Threads - BSOD Issue password

2. BSOD Issue, password is not recognized for restore, repair etc even after resetting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Issue, password is not recognized for restore, repair etc even after resetting...: I've had a repeated BSOD issue over recent months with Windows 10 updates. Have always been able to fix by booting in safe mode and going back to previous version and waiting. This time, the option doesn't exist greyed out. Furthermore, when in the "blue screen" I cannot run...
  3. BSOD Issue, password is not recognized for restore, repair etc even after resetting...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Issue, password is not recognized for restore, repair etc even after resetting...: I've had a repeated BSOD issue over recent months with Windows 10 updates. Have always been able to fix by booting in safe mode and going back to previous version and waiting. This time, the option doesn't exist greyed out. Furthermore, when in the "blue screen" I cannot run...
  4. Registry Error and Unable to use password to system restore, reset, etc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Registry Error and Unable to use password to system restore, reset, etc.: Boot up my windows 10 activated PC recently to get hit with a registry error. When I go into advanced troubleshooting, every option requires my password in which I continually get "Password is incorrect" even though I can log into my Microsoft account on other devices. So...
  5. BSOD even after Resetting/System Restore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD even after Resetting/System Restore.: Hello!This started happening recently where my PC would seemingly randomly BSOD https://i.gyazo.com/ae293392fc770b1b9d8f162e5ce1131f.jpg image of it. . It happens out of nowhere. Initially I thought it was due to a specific app/game I was using since the first 3-4 times it...
  6. BSOD even after Resetting/System Restore.

BSOD even after Resetting/System Restore.: Hello!This started happening recently where my PC would seemingly randomly BSOD https://i.gyazo.com/ae293392fc770b1b9d8f162e5ce1131f.jpg image of it. . It happens out of nowhere. Initially I thought it was due to a specific app/game I was using since the first 3-4 times it...
  7. BSOD- unable to reset, restore, etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD- unable to reset, restore, etc.: Hello. I have had windows 10 on my laptop and had no issues until now. Yesterday during normal use, the touchpad was unresponsive so I used tab+arrows to try to go into settings and figure out the problem. Windows 11 was downloading but not installed yet. Other than that I...
  8. BSOD- unable to reset, restore, etc.

BSOD- unable to reset, restore, etc.: Hello. I have had windows 10 on my laptop and had no issues until now. Yesterday during normal use, the touchpad was unresponsive so I used tab+arrows to try to go into settings and figure out the problem. Windows 11 was downloading but not installed yet. Other than that I...
  9. BSOD- unable to reset, restore, etc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. BSOD's randomly, even in system restore/reset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD's randomly, even in system restore/reset: Memory management BSOD's and such, even when trying to attempt to factory reset and system restores. Even getting errors when trying to do the current Windows update. Here are the logs, please help. This PC is only 4 months old....