Windows 10: BSOD issue since installing 3080 (WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR)

Discus and support BSOD issue since installing 3080 (WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, I finally got a 3080 FE and installed it, but sadly I've been having blue screening issues since. After playing games for an hour or two they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by stev, Jan 5, 2021.

1. stev Win User

BSOD issue since installing 3080 (WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR)

Hi all,

I finally got a 3080 FE and installed it, but sadly I've been having blue screening issues since. After playing games for an hour or two they will happen, no matter how demanding the game. At first I thought it was the storage device the games were on since one of my m2 SSD's was not detectable after a BSOD, but after testing both drive's health, switching m2 slots on the motherboard, and only using one at a time I was still getting the error. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled my GeForce driver to no avail. Like I said, I had no BSOD issues until I installed my 3080, so it's almost certainly related to it.

Windows Version number: 1909 (OS Build 18363.1256)
    Full PC Specs: 2020 build - Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core, GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB Founders Edition, 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower - PCPartPicker

My V2 log is attached as well.

A few things maybe worth mentioning:

-By checking my Event Viewer I can see the critical error I get is "Kernel Power". Odd thing is it states these errors happened before I installed my 3080 (they did, but less often) but they never resulted in a BSOD.

-This BSOD has only happened while playing games. It never happened when I had my 1070 installed.

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!

- - - Updated - - -

Even though Windows said I was up to date, I didn't notice I could update to a new version(?). I did, now I have version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.685). I doubt this will fix the issue but it's worth noting. I will test tomorrow.

:)

stev, Jan 5, 2021

2. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR BSOD while gaming

Getting WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR BSOD While gaming. Already did ram and cpu blend test with prime 95 no error in 2 hrs, did gpu benchmark got no error, have already updated BIOS and Chipset drivers, Reinstalled windows, Reinstalled game, Shifted game to
    different SSD also did chkdsk, sfc scan now also. Now i have no idea how to fix it.

Divyanshu Shubham, Jan 5, 2021
  3. W10 Crashing with BSOD error: WHEA_Uncorrectable Error

Upgraded to W10 from W7 on a Dell Desktop PC and all seemed fine.

When I try to use either of the 2 DVD drives to run a DVD, I get a BSOD and the message "WHEA_Uncorrectable Error" and the machine has to be re-booted.

What should do next?

<Original Title: W10 Crashing>

johnlmcfall, Jan 5, 2021
  4. BSOD issue since installing 3080 (WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR)

W10 Crashing with BSOD error: WHEA_Uncorrectable Error

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will help you in solving the issue.

As per the description, the issue might be with faulty hardware. For better assistance I would like to ask if the issue persists only while using the DVD drives.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter from the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Also, suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Check if any of the driver has an exclamation mark within a yellow triangle.
    • Expand the driver.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update driver software.

Refer the link below for information for how to solve Blue screen errors in Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

BSOD issue since installing 3080 (WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR)

1. BSOD issue since installing 3080 (WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR) - Similar Threads - BSOD issue since

2. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE Error BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE Error BSOD: I've started having a WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE Error all of a sudden and I'm not entirely sure why. I'm not very good at diagnosing issues like this but I was able to get my MiniDump File analyzed. I'll paste it in here below but I'd really appreciate any help I can get on this....
  3. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE Error BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE Error BSOD: I've started having a WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE Error all of a sudden and I'm not entirely sure why. I'm not very good at diagnosing issues like this but I was able to get my MiniDump File analyzed. I'll paste it in here below but I'd really appreciate any help I can get on this....
  4. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE Error BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE Error

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE Error: Hey guys, so I recently started having this issue. At first I got BSOD very rarely and then about 2 days ago or so, it started happening very often. And now, it has been happening almost always. It is happening most of the time when I open chrome or discord (not only limited...
  6. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR BSOD while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR BSOD while gaming: Getting WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR BSOD While gaming. Already did ram and cpu blend test with prime 95 no error in 2 hrs, did gpu benchmark got no error, have already updated BIOS and Chipset drivers, Reinstalled windows, Reinstalled game, Shifted game to different SSD also did...
  7. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR Solutions?

BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR Solutions?: Maybe twice a day I have aa BSOD due to this error. What can I do to resolve this!? I've had this issue for months now on my ASUS Zenbook UX331U 1.5 years old. I've reset my PC reinstalled windows and updated drivers, done all windows updates etc and I don't know what else I...
  8. BSOD (WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD (WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR): Hey, was playing Destiny 2 when my computer suddenly crashed and I got the following error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR Setup: MB: MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon, Socket-1151 CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K (base clock) GPU: MSI GeForce 1080 RAM: HyperX Fury DDR4 2666MHz 16GB OS: Win...
  9. BSOD playing GTA, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR

BSOD playing GTA, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR: Playing GTA got this Error my PC RestartedAttachment 45728 28380
  10. Bsod - whea_uncorrectable error

Bsod - whea_uncorrectable error: Hi everyone! I'm running a new build that was working for two days before it started crashing and giving me multiple BSOD. Mostly when I'm using After Effects but a lot of the times when I'm using other applications too. Please advise! 53476